• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
To me Cooper is this year's Boom or Bust Guy.
First off I don't think he can be a Mike, much more of an outside guy you get on the edge of the box or outside the box were he can use his athleticism. He is a terrific athlete, running like a missile.
The huge problem I have with him is tackling, he just can't tackle in my eyes. On more than one occasion he got juked by a QB down the field, when blitzing he also just runs by them if they only move a bit, because he always goes for the kill shot. In Madden terms he'd probably have 94 hit power and 31 Tackling.
If he can learn to take a more patient approach or at least figure out when to blow someone up and when to wrap up he could be an absolute nightmare. On the other hand if he can't figure that out his NFL career could be rather short

Honestly, I think all of those are fair concerns. This is isn't the absolute strongest MLB class we've seen. I'd also prefer Cooper to tighten up the angles he takes, utilizing cut-offs instead of chase downs. Which isn't always as easy to coach out of prospects because that has to do with innate body movement. Geometrical approaches that can be understood, but not easy to implement when you've had so much success doing it your way. I do think, to me, he has the most upside of his position group in the class. I'd be willing to spend a 2nd on that if I have a long-term need at the position. But it shouldn't shy away from the potential risk.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
To me Cooper is this year's Boom or Bust Guy.
First off I don't think he can be a Mike, much more of an outside guy you get on the edge of the box or outside the box were he can use his athleticism. He is a terrific athlete, running like a missile.
The huge problem I have with him is tackling, he just can't tackle in my eyes. On more than one occasion he got juked by a QB down the field, when blitzing he also just runs by them if they only move a bit, because he always goes for the kill shot. In Madden terms he'd probably have 94 hit power and 31 Tackling.
If he can learn to take a more patient approach or at least figure out when to blow someone up and when to wrap up he could be an absolute nightmare. On the other hand if he can't figure that out his NFL career could be rather short
He reminds me so much of Queen

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Honestly, I think all of those are fair concerns. This is isn't the absolute strongest MLB class we've seen. I'd also prefer Cooper to tighten up the angles he takes, utilizing cut-offs instead of chase downs. Which isn't always as easy to coach out of prospects because that has to do with innate body movement. Geometrical approaches that can be understood, but not easy to implement when you've had so much success doing it your way. I do think, to me, he has the most upside of his position group in the class. I'd be willing to spend a 2nd on that if I have a long-term need at the position. But it shouldn't shy away from the potential risk.
I think it’s a lot of scheme fit, surrounding players, and what he will be asked to do. I think he would make an awesome Queen type of player. He reminds me a lot of him. Macdonald would wreck with him, for example, with the right surrounding players. Love his intensity too

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I think it’s a lot of scheme fit, surrounding players, and what he will be asked to do. I think he would make an awesome Queen type of player. He reminds me a lot of him. Macdonald would wreck with him, for example, with the right surrounding players. Love his intensity too

That is actually a really fair shout. I didn't have a proper comparison for him, but I could see that.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Good picks back-to-back. My job is done. I need to go sleep and wake up for my...actual job.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
Impressive exact self trade
1711961214482.jpeg

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Great pick in Bebee. He's played 3 different positions but he looks like someone that can start at either LG or RT based on the tape.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Love the Corley selection. I think he could end up being terrific value when looking back at the class in a few years.

Simba

Staff Member
Was hoping Corley would make it down my way. Has problems catching the ball which seems like a big thing for a WR, but all of the other things he does are so fun