• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Have you guys considered adding an element where people (bidders) “give up” to accelerate the dwell time for winning a bid?

Also wondering if we can program a simple bot that accepts bids after being fed a list of items aka players and abstracts this whole process to display highest bid.

I'd personally advise against it because situations should be fluid. For example, if I am outbid on a specific player, it could put me in play for someone I didn't otherwise consider because I was focused on winning the former. Thankfully, the upcoming period will be 12 hours, so it will fly by much quicker.

Simba

Staff Member
Already down to 0.5 stars of cap with the Texans lol. But had one goal with that team when I picked them - add stars around Stroud and take advantage of that rookie contract. I know I’ll be able to fill in depth later.

Barkley was one of my priorities despite the price. I really wanted a ground game to take some of the pressure off.

I couldn’t let Stroud go without his safely valve at TE. Schultz went for a bit more than I wanted but he was the clear top option available.

And then good luck throwing with Sneed and Stingley on each side of the D.

Simba

Staff Member
Have you guys considered adding an element where people (bidders) “give up” to accelerate the dwell time for winning a bid?

Also wondering if we can program a simple bot that accepts bids after being fed a list of items aka players and abstracts this whole process to display highest bid.
We understood the first phase would be the longest, but wanted to give people time because your choices here set up all future phases.

The other ones roll through significantly quicker.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I can't believe the prices for just the first round of free agency. I wanted to do something but saw some of the bids and said, nah I'm good lol.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can't believe the prices for just the first round of free agency. I wanted to do something but saw some of the bids and said, nah I'm good lol.
first-time.png

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Please remember to update your state of the franchise thread with all signed and cut free agents in addition to trades.

Simba

Staff Member
Aiming to start phase 2 on Monday at 7pm. If you don't want your money tied up at the start of that, start wrapping up the current open bids.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
After the incredible Aaron Donald retired on me I needed to work fast to rebuild the Rams line. Thankfully he was nice enough to retire prior to 24 hours being up in phase 1 of free agency.

This allowed me to place a bid and eventually win the versatile DJ Reader to line up next to Kobie Turner

I then decided to front load a contract offer to Brian Burns and then start my improvement at guard with Robert Hunt, who also has the ability to play tackle in a pinch if needed.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Phase 3 of free agency will begin on Thursday at 7pm 6pm with the final round coming early next week.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Just a heads up. Corey Davis is coming out of retirement and has applied for reinstatement to the league. He will be added to the move tracker.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Just a reminder that Phase 3. We are starting Phase 3 and Phase 4 one hour early, so it's a 6pm start time. Phase 3 has a minimum of 3 star bids

Last edited:

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Does anyone have any issues with changing the start time from 7 PM EST to 6 PM EST?

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Does anyone have any issues with changing the start time from 7 PM EST to 6 PM EST?
7pm was always a terrible time for me when I did nursing. That is literally change of shift when you go through your report and stuff. I'm not a nurse now, though, but I don't mind the change at all.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
7pm was always a terrible time for me when I did nursing. That is literally change of shift when you go through your report and stuff. I'm not a nurse now, though, but I don't mind the change at all.

Sweet. That's a relief. We're opening a window for anyone who has any issues with the new start time. If everyone is comfortable, we'll begin at 6 PM EST. We're hoping to gauge the reactions from people operating on CT or PT, since this could cut into their workdays.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I will be bidding on behalf of the Tennessee Titans aside from the other teams. Just a heads up so that there is no confusion.