• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The last hour I've been watching tape of Tykee Smith and it is very fun to watch. The CB/S out of Georgia that @Truth drafted earlier this round has an impressive skillset and plus athleticism that projects to either an impact safety or slot defender in the NFL and I could see his comp being Antoine Winfield, atleast as a slot defender. Initially he struggled to get onto the field for the Bulldogs, but took hold of their starting slot position in his final year where he showwed off an impressive balance of coverage and run defense. I think he could be one of the steals of day three. He hasn't played any deep safety, there is no reason why his football IQ and athletic ability couldn't transfer to having sucess in that role in the NFL. I think he could win a starting job in year one.

Great pick

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Sorry for the holdup guys I didn't expect there to be approximately 37 picks happening in 2 minutes

No sweat. You're in that unfortunate range of being around when it's nighttime in EST, which is likely at the end of your allotted time. There is that new rule wherein a skip halves the next time, but if your next pick is made on time, it goes back up to three quarters. And then full returns on the consecutive on-time selection. So your upcoming one will be at 4 hours. Just keeping you in the know in case you need to pass on your board for your upcoming pick in the 5th.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
The last hour I've been watching tape of Tykee Smith and it is very fun to watch. The CB/S out of Georgia that @Truth drafted earlier this round has an impressive skillset and plus athleticism that projects to either an impact safety or slot defender in the NFL and I could see his comp being Antoine Winfield, atleast as a slot defender. Initially he struggled to get onto the field for the Bulldogs, but took hold of their starting slot position in his final year where he showwed off an impressive balance of coverage and run defense. I think he could be one of the steals of day three. He hasn't played any deep safety, there is no reason why his football IQ and athletic ability couldn't transfer to having sucess in that role in the NFL. I think he could win a starting job in year one.

Great pick

Heck yeah, man. Super thrilled and relieved to hear that. I actually feel like the transfer hurt him. All-American Freshman at West Virginia. Had a stellar 2020 in the same role, STAR defender in Nickel sets. Was making plays against NFL caliber guys like Deuce Vaughn and Keaontay Ingram. Got his hands on some throws by Max Duggan.

But then he transferred to Georgia and immediately tore his ACL while dealing with a foot injury. Played only a bit while rehabbing in 2022 and didn't get to full strength reportedly until 2023. So while he's a little older at 23, at least I can look at the fact that he was terrific at 19 and 20. And I think he could be a starting slot in the NFL. Would love for the Ravens to give him a look if he's there on Day 3. Difficult choice to take him over Dominick Puni, whom could end up having the better career. I feel like Puni could be a day one starter himself. Glad he goes to a team where that is a possibility.

Simba

Staff Member
Anyone else looked into Trevin Wallace at this point? I'm usually pretty good about assigning grades but this dude was an enigma. As inconsistent as it gets from snap to snap, sometimes looking like a day 2 pick and other times looking like he shouldn't be drafted. I took a swing at the upside here admittedly but he was certainly one of the more challenging evals I've had in awhile.

Simba

Staff Member
If you had told me I'd pick 3 straight Kentucky players when we started this thing, I'd have said you're crazy

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Kimani Vidal isn't your typical small sized RB. His size may work to his advantage with his slasher style of running. At 5'8 213 he is able to convert speed to power and break tackles. He also has terrific athleticism and takes really good angles. Glad the Chiefs were able to bring in a player that can spell Pacheco and still offer a high end do it all back.