• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the first pick be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Kirk Cousins' agent with a response to Atlanta taking Michael Penix Jr. Things are about to get spicy in the ATL?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
My top remaining guys with any kind of 1st-early 2nd type grades:

Cooper DeJean
Jer'Zhan Newton
Kool-Aid McKinstry
Adonai Mitchell
Christian Haynes
Ladd McConkey
Edgerrin Cooper
Jackson Powers-Johnson

OL still available with 2nd round grades or better:
Christian Haynes
Jackson Powers-Johnson
Blake Fisher
Kingsley Suamataia
Zach Frazier
Patrick Paul
Roger Rosengarten

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Ravens are crazy in Day 2, but yeah, could be a double-dip OL or could be OL + WR or even DL (perhaps....). I wouldn't love it but could see RB (I guess). They do those "where did that pick come from" pick in Day 2.
We do need a RB, though. Mitchell won't be quite right to start the season.

Simba

Staff Member
Kirk Cousins' agent with a response to Atlanta taking Michael Penix Jr. Things are about to get spicy in the ATL?

They should. It’s a terrible choice. You could sell me on this if this was a team that was consistently battling for super bowls and wanted to keep that hope alive. But they just paid a lot of money for a good not great QB and still have a pretty average at best roster.

They should. It’s a terrible choice. You could sell me on this if this was a team that was consistently battling for super bowls and wanted to keep that hope alive. But they just paid a lot of money for a good not great QB and still have a pretty average at best roster.
I think Atlanta will be really good next year.

Simba

Staff Member
and also penix is 24 and by the time cousins is out of guaranteed money he will be 26...
Usually I can sleep on something and see the logic but there is none on this one for me. Just pure bad roster management and pick usage.