• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 RB Thread

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Bryce Love tire his ACL in his final game of the season.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He was a borderline 1st rounder if he declared last year. Now he probably falls to the 4th/ 5th.

I mean he'll still play as a rookie (just maybe from PUP or something) - he'll drop but if Jaylon Smith and Myles Jack and Sidney Jones etc. only really dropped 1 round for injury then I think you have to assume Love is only gonna drop 1 round too as long as the medicals check out

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean he'll still play as a rookie (just maybe from PUP or something) - he'll drop but if Jaylon Smith and Myles Jack and Sidney Jones etc. only really dropped 1 round for injury then I think you have to assume Love is only gonna drop 1 round too as long as the medicals check out

The thing was there was a lot of hype last year. This year, he wasn’t all that. A undersize RB who isn’t a proven pass catcher that just tore his ACL end of the season. I’ll be shocked if he’s drafted 2nd / early 3rd

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think he drops more. Reasoning is that rb has a shorter career on Av

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Bryce love was a third rounder at best to me, after the acl he can legitimately end up going in the 5th, id pounce in the fourth though

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I had a third to fourth round grade on Love. Not a fan. With the torn ACL if he's there in the fourth or fifth you pounce. This might work better.

I was pretty high on him last year but yeah..didn't think he'd be anything better than a late day 2 pick in this class.
There ain't no beast like Saquon/Ziggy but it's full of day 2 worthy players

My actual ranking
1. Henderson (great cutter, good stop start motor and top acceleration.. If that blind one cutter Ronald Jones went in the second there's no way this guy falls any further). Top 40
2. Devin Singletary (great vision, balance and motor to see holes with anticipation. You must go low for the legs when tackling him because this guy bounces off defenders like a pinball). Top 50
3. Damien Harris (thick, patient, gritty runner. Could be a tad more elusive in the open field but is a reliable back). Rd 2
4. Miles Sanders (very good vision, pads, effort. Too bad he misses a second gear to bring it home every time he hits the open field. More of an outside runner than a between-the-tackles one). RD 2
5. Josh Jacobs (punisher of a RB. Best when used on 1st-2nd down duties but strong and heavy base make it hard for tacklers to bring him down. Not particularly elusive but gets some nice YAC. Almost perfect clone of Holyfield). RD 3

Honorable mentions: Ryquell Armstead, Bennie Snell, Elijah Holyfield, Trayveon Williams, Alex Barnes, Quadree Ollison, James Williams

Lol..too many good ones this year

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
James Williams out of Washington state. Extremely elusive, deadly spin move, built like a scat back but sneaky power, can pull off jaw dropping jukes and spins but can just as easily give a subtle change in direction to force an arm tackle that he breaks through consistently, good acceleration and speed, excellent receiver to the point that he may be able to convert if necessary. Backstory of a homeless kid in a gang ridden neighborhood and incredible work ethic make me think this is a guy who could end up a Raven, you know we love a storied prospect.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I was pretty high on him last year but yeah..didn't think he'd be anything better than a late day 2 pick in this class.
There ain't no beast like Saquon/Ziggy but it's full of day 2 worthy players

My actual ranking
1. Henderson (great cutter, good stop start motor and top acceleration.. If that blind one cutter Ronald Jones went in the second there's no way this guy falls any further). Top 40
2. Devin Singletary (great vision, balance and motor to see holes with anticipation. You must go low for the legs when tackling him because this guy bounces off defenders like a pinball). Top 50
3. Damien Harris (thick, patient, gritty runner. Could be a tad more elusive in the open field but is a reliable back). Rd 2
4. Miles Sanders (very good vision, pads, effort. Too bad he misses a second gear to bring it home every time he hits the open field. More of an outside runner than a between-the-tackles one). RD 2
5. Josh Jacobs (punisher of a RB. Best when used on 1st-2nd down duties but strong and heavy base make it hard for tacklers to bring him down. Not particularly elusive but gets some nice YAC. Almost perfect clone of Holyfield). RD 3

Honorable mentions: Ryquell Armstead, Bennie Snell, Elijah Holyfield, Trayveon Williams, Alex Barnes, Quadree Ollison, James Williams

Lol..too many good ones this year
Barnes and ollison are 2 big sleepers for me, the raw power these guys run with is rare, Barnes particularly though has excellent vision and is an ideal read option back/wishbone fullback as he brings all that power to run but is also extremely decisive and intuitive at the mesh point to know when to let go and go block, is often seen springing runs on read options with lead blocks immediately after the mesh. Ollison on film looks like he’s the better raw runner though, Brandon Jacobs like, no cuts or dancing he just starts picking up steam as soon as possible and gets rolling hard and looks like a real bitch to tackle.

Barnes and ollison are 2 big sleepers for me, the raw power these guys run with is rare, Barnes particularly though has excellent vision and is an ideal read option back/wishbone fullback as he brings all that power to run but is also extremely decisive and intuitive at the mesh point to know when to let go and go block, is often seen springing runs on read options with lead blocks immediately after the mesh. Ollison on film looks like he’s the better raw runner though, Brandon Jacobs like, no cuts or dancing he just starts picking up steam as soon as possible and gets rolling hard and looks like a real bitch to tackle.

Totally agree...and will add that Barnes might be the best blocking RB in the class
Check min 5.30, 6.31, 7.20 of the Miss St tape

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Could watch tape of this kid running all day

Hed be a perfect compliment to our run game. Imagine Lamar, Dixon, and Singletary with Gus as the short yardage back.

I have a hard time putting any RB in this class above David Montgomery. His contact balance, vision, and ability to make people miss is unmatched in this draft class. If he had home run speed I think he would be a better prospect than Saquan. And honestly how often do RBs in the NFL hit a home run?

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Some game tape of Bruce Anderson vs Cal Poly and South Dakota:

A few things that stand out, he always keeps his feet moving and has incredible balance. You see him drive forward for a yard as he's tackled. When he gets spun around on a hit he seems to do a great job of continuing to move for positive yards. That one play in particular against Cal Poly really showed off his balance, body control, and field awareness (at 0:33 in the video) where a guy grabs his foot and it doesn't trip him up, and then someone shoulder tackles his hip to spin him around, but Anderson quickly spins back around for positive yards and even walks the tightrope on the sideline to pick up a first down. He also shows good vision and the ability to follow blockers.

As I said in my mock, he really reminds me of Dixon, but seems to have more speed in the open field and without the injury/suspension issues. And here's a highlight video if you wanna see him at his best.