• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 RB Thread

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I still dont see what you like from Harris. Hes just well rounded but i dont see anything hes great at. Always gets caught from behind on big plays although he does create a lot of big plays. I like Jacobs more as hes more dynamic in ways to get him involved....also less miles on his tires
In 2017 Harris looked really good, wasn't getting caught from behind by anybody. I think he got too big for his own good.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Justice Hill has looked amazing at the combine, and has some nice tape to back it up. Won't get good in short yardage situations, but he looks like a potential steal if he's still around in the midrounds. And unfortunately the Steelers are taking a hard look at him...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Wonder if there’s any chance Montgomery will be there in the 3rd. Man that would be a steal
I'm nervous about his football speed as well as his balance and looking forward to hear about the drills. Although I'm not sure if Montgomery will be a starter in this league, I do see him as a good RB that will be part of a tandem.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'm nervous about his football speed as well as his balance and looking forward to hear about the drills. Although I'm not sure if Montgomery will be a starter in this league, I do see him as a good RB that will be part of a tandem.
Balance is Montgomery’s best asset man, he’s got that ray rice knack for recovery

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Balance is Montgomery’s best asset man, he’s got that ray rice knack for recovery
And no acceleration. Which Rice had in spades.

As a guy in a rotation, I like Montgomery. Without that acceleration, I don't see a starter. I don't think he can win short or long corners at the NFL level, and no matter how many tackles you can break, if you can't win a short or long corner, you cannot be an NFL starter at the RB position. Bigger power backs than him such as Alfred Morris, Jordan Howard, Leonard Fournette, etc, could win you those.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I've seen him fall without being hit on numerous occasions. Not saying I don't like the guy, because I do, but he just doesn't look like he plays fast either. I agree with
@Lost_In_Translation on this one. I certainly wouldn't mind drafting him in the 3rd round though.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I've seen him fall without being hit on numerous occasions. Not saying I don't like the guy, because I do, but he just doesn't look like he plays fast either. I agree with
@Lost_In_Translation on this one. I certainly wouldn't mind drafting him in the 3rd round though.
I haven’t seen that at all, but I’ve seen him get rocked and stumble for what looks like a sure tackle only to see him regain his balance, I’ve seen him bounce off tacklers and spin off and regain control in a way most players can’t.

But I do agree with lost on the acceleration and speed issue, I think he would be an excellent game closer and third down back but not a feature back

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ty Johnson unofficial 40 at maryland’s Proday 4.26/4.35.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ty Johnson unofficial 40 at maryland’s Proday 4.26/4.35.
Wow! This guys is being slept on!...by me. Really like what Ive been seeing. Great feet and acceleration. great balance. fast and patient runner that can get the edge as well. Good vision.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Wow! This guys is being slept on!...by me. Really like what Ive been seeing. Great feet and acceleration. great balance. fast and patient runner that can get the edge as well. Good vision.
After a really quick look(I’ve never watched him, ever) he looks like a really clean and straight to business runner. He just patiently finds that hole and hits the gas and he’s just downhill, I don’t see much flash in terms of wiggle and elusiveness, just him following blocks and pulling away from defenders and beating angles.

Something about that is very appealing for us... we don’t need the bounce and wiggle from our RB, we need a guy to pick the right lanes and get downhill as fast as possible...

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
What’s your guys view on Bryce love? He’s a small back with injury concerns, but if he slips to the end of the 4th or 5th round, there’s upside to be had. Him and ingram would be a nice duo

I'm no scout and don't know if my opinion matters lol but I love the upside in the third-forth honesty. He's a skillset the defense need to be aware of on the field imo. Adding him with LJ adds interesting possibilities and another home run hitter. Also sounds like the back Harbs referred to... what's his negatives? Injuries?

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm no scout and don't know if my opinion matters lol but I love the upside in the third-forth honesty. He's a skillset the defense need to be aware of on the field imo. Adding him with LJ adds interesting possibilities and another home run hitter. Also sounds like the back Harbs referred to... what's his negatives? Injuries?

Pretty much. Which was proven this year. Was hurt a lot then finally tore his ACL his final game

Pretty much. Which was proven this year. Was hurt a lot then finally tore his ACL his final game

I'm still a fan of his upside in the middle rounds. Especially since he wouldn't be expected to be the bell cow here or even a starter at any point. Harbs seemed to imply a complementary back or even said it, not sure.
Meaning if he is expected to heal completely, hopefully rather sooner than later. He would be worth the investment if its expected he could stay healthy with a lighter work load.

Last edited:

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't want Harris. I'd be okay with Jacobs early. Not thrilled, but I'll understand the pick. Just for the love of Jebus make sure to build up the o-line if we're going RB early. Jamal Lewis early paid off because we also built a great run blocking line for him.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I don't want Harris. I'd be okay with Jacobs early. Not thrilled, but I'll understand the pick. Just for the love of Jebus make sure to build up the o-line if we're going RB early. Jamal Lewis early paid off because we also built a great run blocking line for him.
I like both as players, but we got Ingram for a bargain. We have far more pressing needs now.

We need to build up the damn line before anything. Yanda's retirement speculation scared us, and IT SHOULD HAVE. The interior is a goddamn joke and nothing has changed essentially. It's been the biggest need on the team for the better part of four years.

We need to double or triple dip. I love me some DK Metcalf or a Josh Jacobs. But if you have those two, plus a Lindstrom on the board, the pick better be Lindstrom.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I like both as players, but we got Ingram for a bargain. We have far more pressing needs now.

We need to build up the damn line before anything. Yanda's retirement speculation scared us, and IT SHOULD HAVE. The interior is a goddamn joke and nothing has changed essentially. It's been the biggest need on the team for the better part of four years.

We need to double or triple dip. I love me some DK Metcalf or a Josh Jacobs. But if you have those two, plus a Lindstrom on the board, the pick better be Lindstrom.
It obviously depends on who is on the board, but for me it's pass rusher > WR > oline in the first. Though the only two must draft players I can picture falling to us is Ford and Burns. If they're not there, I'd try to trade down.