• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 QB Thread

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Thanks to @rossihunter2 there is no more confusion about where stuff goes.

Welcome to the 2019 QB Thread, and hopefully this thread gets the least amount of attention as it means things go well. Discuss prospects, projects, the next Nathan Peterman ect.

Feel free to start any position group or prospect thread, I don't want to be the guy who takes everyone.
@JoeyFlex5 this should bring you some new draft friends lol.

Here is to hoping in difficulty in finding someone at the 32nd pick

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
not sure if there's any qbs in this class worth studying but good to have the thread for posterity anyway
Only thing I could think of is if we do end up trading Flacco and bob gets a chance; we get a similar backup of Lamar. I bet if that happened we would sign a vet though

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
There isn’t a single qb in this class I would draft in the first round. I would take Justin Herbert in the second if we needed one, but we don’t, and he will be reached for anyway.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Here’s hoping someone fall in love with drew lock at our spot and trade up for him.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Here’s hoping someone fall in love with drew lock at our spot and trade up for him.
I doubt Lock will still be on the board when we're drafting. Someone is going to fall in love with his arm strength and size.

The absolute best case scenario for him is that he'll be like prime Joe Flacco. Though I don't think that happens. He'll likely be Bortles 2.0, but without the memes.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I doubt Lock will still be on the board when we're drafting. Someone is going to fall in love with his arm strength and size.

The absolute best case scenario for him is that he'll be like prime Joe Flacco. Though I don't think that happens. He'll likely be Bortles 2.0, but without the memes.

Which would be crazy - probably would have gone undrafted in 2018’s draft class (or at best been a late round pick)

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
There isn’t a single qb in this class I would draft in the first round. I would take Justin Herbert in the second if we needed one, but we don’t, and he will be reached for anyway.
What do you think about Will Grier?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
What do you think about Will Grier?
Haven’t watched enough but I’m always weary of WV qbs because their system seems so qb friendly.

I would take anything I say about QBs with a grain of salt too, 2018 was the first year I ever bothered to watch even a minute of qb film, and most of it was on lamar and baker because there was a point where baker was seen as a mid/late first lol

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Someone will take early dude from ECU who transferred to Washington State. Gardner-something II.
He is up for some season awards, too.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
So now it's basically Grier, Haskins (though he should return for his senior year), Drew Lock (a poor man's Jay Cutler), Daniel Jones (who likely will return for his senior year), and Finley (who is a less athletic Alex Smith).

Yep pretty bad. Grier is a little overrated too. You get a chance check out Easton Stick. Could probally get him on day 3 and is a poor mans Lamar but man I do like the touch on his passes.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Yep pretty bad. Grier is a little overrated too. You get a chance check out Easton Stick. Could probally get him on day 3 and is a poor mans Lamar but man I do like the touch on his passes.

Guess 2020 will be similar to 2012 with Tua being the sure fire number one pick like Luck. This class reminds me of 2011, where the defensive talent was strong but the QB class was weak and had a ton of reaches at the QB position.

We know why the Giants are keeping Eli, they must have known and only had interest in Herbert. They will attempt to Tank for Tua in 2019.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Guess 2020 will be similar to 2012 with Tua being the sure fire number one pick like Luck. This class reminds me of 2011, where the defensive talent was strong but the QB class was weak and had a ton of reaches at the QB position.

We know why the Giants are keeping Eli, they must have known and only had interest in Herbert. They will attempt to Tank for Tua in 2019.
I forgot how bad the 2011 class was for QBs. Ponder, Locker, and Gabbart were top 15 picks. Panthers were lucky they could grab Cam. I would love if that happened again. Push some good talent down to our pick.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

Yep with Herbert and Jake Fromm (probally declaring) its gonna be a top notch draft for QBs in 2020 and I'm not sure if Tua will be the #1 choice. Even tho it kills me to say this is the reason I'd trade Joe this offseason. A lot of teams need QBs.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
2020 QB class is going to be stacked! I don’t blame Herbert. Gets a chance to play with his little brother.