• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 QB Thread

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
In this upcoming draft I don't think there's a single QB besides Haskins that I would take in the top 15. And even Haskins seems like the classic example of a qb with a lot of raw talent that needs to sit for a year and work on his mechanics.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
In this upcoming draft I don't think there's a single QB besides Haskins that I would take in the top 15. And even Haskins seems like the classic example of a qb with a lot of raw talent that needs to sit for a year and work on his mechanics.

i havent done any tape study on anyone at any position yet but from cursory watching of all of them i completely agree - might be a situation where some QBs get reached on which pushes better talent down to us

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
This draft class reminds me of 2013 for QB. Joe Flacco and veterans are pleased by these guys deciding to go back to school.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This draft class reminds me of 2013 for QB. Joe Flacco and veterans are pleased by these guys deciding to go back to school.
and if Haskins declares the giants will probably take him if he’s on the board

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Dwayne Haskins has officially declared for the 2019 NFL Draft.

49243618_2213049485414347_3079924337906548736_n.jpg

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Dwayne Haskins has officially declared for the 2019 NFL Draft.

49243618_2213049485414347_3079924337906548736_n.jpg
Yeah, the player that decided to go to Ohio State instead of MD. Hope he ends up on a team that has a history of being BAD, like the ......you heard it here first everyone......Redskins

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Coughlin might not let them have him but it all depends on who made a decision to wait on Tua/Fromm

another bad season and the jags staff might not be around to pick tua/fromm and if they have a better season they wont be in range to get one of them so you've got to think they're grabbing one this year

giants probably able to be a bit more patient with it although they really do need to pick one up (but im still not sure if the front office there knows it yet)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
another bad season and the jags staff might not be around to pick tua/fromm and if they have a better season they wont be in range to get one of them so you've got to think they're grabbing one this year

giants probably able to be a bit more patient with it although they really do need to pick one up (but im still not sure if the front office there knows it yet)
This is what I think

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Coughlin might not let them have him but it all depends on who made a decision to wait on Tua/Fromm

A part of me is hoping we’re in the tua/fromm competition. Mainly tua.
Lamar got a year to prove he can develop into a decent passer, if it doesn’t show, we’ll be drafting up there.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
A part of me is hoping we’re in the tua/fromm competition. Mainly tua.
Lamar got a year to prove he can develop into a decent passer, if it doesn’t show, we’ll be drafting up there.
No way that happens. Looks like Harbaugh is staying and after seeing how long we waited for various players to show something, there's no way we give up on Jackson that early.

Besides, Lamar is good.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
No way that happens. Looks like Harbaugh is staying and after seeing how long we waited for various players to show something, there's no way we give up on Jackson that early.

Besides, Lamar is good.

also except for that 1 year when everyone got injured we've never been anywhere near in range for a top qb pick at the top of the draft no matter what the situation was...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Kyler Murray is declaring for the NFL Draft. I have to say, he's making a mistake and I don't know why people say he is a first round pick as I think his height will drop him to the second. Plus money wise, NFL contracts aren't guaranteed like Baseball contracts are.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/14/kyler-murray-declares-for-nfl-draft/

those contracts arent but he'll make a crap ton of money from endorsements and be a star name in a market for a minimum of 2 years even if he sucks

and if he's doing it for the right reasons (i.e. he wants to take a shot at the most difficult position in sports and because he love football more) then why not pursue it - he can always go back to baseball

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
those contracts arent but he'll make a crap ton of money from endorsements and be a star name in a market for a minimum of 2 years even if he sucks

and if he's doing it for the right reasons (i.e. he wants to take a shot at the most difficult position in sports and because he love football more) then why not pursue it - he can always go back to baseball

Im hearing Tim Tebow could be in the majors this year so most definitely if football doesn't work out he could go back to baseball. He could also do spring training if his football team allows it.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Kyler Murray is declaring for the NFL Draft. I have to say, he's making a mistake and I don't know why people say he is a first round pick as I think his height will drop him to the second. Plus money wise, NFL contracts aren't guaranteed like Baseball contracts are.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/14/kyler-murray-declares-for-nfl-draft/
The only true first round talent in this draft is Haskins. But there's a lot more than just one team needing a QB. Murray will out perform Drew Lock (Bortles 2.0) and Finlay (non-athletic Alex Smith) in every drill at the combine. Some team absolutely will take the risk on him when the QB class is this bad.