• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 QB Thread

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Kyler Murray is declaring for the NFL Draft. I have to say, he's making a mistake and I don't know why people say he is a first round pick as I think his height will drop him to the second. Plus money wise, NFL contracts aren't guaranteed like Baseball contracts are.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/14/kyler-murray-declares-for-nfl-draft/

Update: According to Rap Sheet, Murray declaring for the Draft only gives him the OPTION to play football and go through the Draft process. his agent says he will be in A's Training Camp in Feb, and the people he has talked to see Murray as a 2nd or 3rd round pick due to his height.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Oh boy.... Jon Gruden says Duke QB Daniel Jones will be a first round pick. The last QB he gave praise to..... Nathan Peterman. Jones career is now done for once Gruden says your going to be a good QB.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I think Russell Wilson and Drew Brees want to have a word with those height concerns that Murray has.

Yeah. Not a QB I'd touch here.

Except Clayton Thorson if he can return to pre-injury form. I know he won't go high but in the middle rounds I'd take him and not think twice tbh

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Murray is a smurf compared to Brees and Wilson. Plus Wilson had a high release point.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Murray is a smurf compared to Brees and Wilson. Plus Wilson had a high release point.
Murray is only supposed to be an inch shorter than Wilson. At least according to his official college height. We'll know for sure at the combine.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Murray is only supposed to be an inch shorter than Wilson. At least according to his official college height. We'll know for sure at the combine.
5’11 is Wilson’s height (supposedly) and that is already short by NFL standards. It’s his high release point that helps him out. More than makes up his loss in height. He also played in a pro style offense at Wisconsin.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Great news Kyler Murray is now fully committed to become a NFL qb. This will push down talent for the ravens

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Nah, he'll get drafted on day 2
Someone’s gonna fuck around and get a steal then. Kyler Murray’s arm talent is almost spectacular and he might be more of an athlete than lamar.

If he was 6’ he would go top 3 and it’s a shame what 2-3 inches can do to a player

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Someone’s gonna fuck around and get a steal then. Kyler Murray’s arm talent is almost spectacular and he might be more of an athlete than lamar.

If he was 6’ he would go top 3 and it’s a shame what 2-3 inches can do to a player
Who knows actually - maybe the team told him already they'll take him in the first and that's the reason he pulled out of baseball deal?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Who knows actually - maybe the team told him already they'll take him in the first and that's the reason he pulled out of baseball deal?
Sounds possible. I hope like holy hell the bengals or Steelers don’t fuck around and draft him. Wouldn’t be entirely shocked if either of them were to do it, both need a future qb and both franchises need a good shaking up

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm hoping this is a smoke screen. I don't blame them for picking Barkley over any QB besides Baker (who they didn't have a shot at), but no one at the top of this draft is worth more than a franchise qb to a team that needs one. They would be idiots to pass him.

i dont think its clear cut personally that kyler would be the first qb off the board - them not liking murray wouldnt preclude them grabbing a qb in round 1 - especially as i think they still view eli as a bridge level starter still they wont necessarily take a guy they dont like but they might gamble a bit more on a guy who's more raw

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
the rumblings i heard/saw were not that he was too small (albeit that's obviously something to take into account) but that his hands are really small...
And this was a huge difference with Wilson. Not only did he have a high release and play in a pro style offense, but he had big hands.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have a feeling he’s like 5’8-5’9.