• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Prepare to Face a Generational Talent

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah. They are. High powered offense in the regular season, defense that is good but not elite. Mahomes is better than Smith ever was, but now they lack a running game(inevitable under Andy Reid anyways).

Outside of that front 7 their secondary is pathetic. Eric Berry is great but he's one man. They'll probably lose in the postseason again. If not in the AFC, I don't see them beating the Saints or Rams(again).

They'll kick our asses... I expect us to get slaughtered. But the AFC isn't as bad as it was in years past. I could see the Patriots, Texans, or Chargers giving them significant problems in the postseason, even at Arrowhead.
No. They aren’t. Looks like you’re the one that’s in for a rude awakening if you think it’s “same old Chiefs” Even if they don’t make it through the playoffs, “Choking” is very different than just simply losing in a tight game in the playoffs.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
No. They aren’t. Looks like you’re the one that’s in for a rude awakening if you think it’s “same old Chiefs” Even if they don’t make it through the playoffs, “Choking” is very different than just simply losing in a tight game in the playoffs.
They're still not going anywhere.
They have a long way to go on the defensive side...

Or they can just wait it out as Brady retires and the Steelers fall apart.

Yeah I'm wrong.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah. They are. High powered offense in the regular season, defense that is good but not elite. Mahomes is better than Smith ever was, but now they lack a running game(inevitable under Andy Reid anyways). As good as Mahomes is... That lack of a defense is going to bite them in the ass.

Outside of that front 7 their secondary is pathetic. Eric Berry is great but he's one man. They'll probably lose in the postseason again. If not in the AFC, I don't see them beating the Saints or Rams(again).

They'll kick our asses... I expect us to get slaughtered. But the AFC isn't as bad as it was in years past. I could see the Patriots, Texans, or Chargers giving them significant problems in the postseason, even at Arrowhead.

dude the similarities are superficial - there's a difference between having a functional offence and an historic one...

getting beat in the superbowl/AFC Championship game would not be the same ol' chiefs... in fact they are already not the same ol' chiefs if they manage to get the bye

JAAM

Hall of Famer
We need to look at Sundays game as a privilege and an honor to be able to witness his talent and have the chance to be able to remember watching him play in his first full season many years from now.

Shut the hell up lmao

Reactions: cdp

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m just happy Steelers didn’t draft him. Heard they were considering it.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
It will be if you're a Chiefs fan

It's crazy that there is even hope this game. Most here assumed this was a blowout before "The Change." Now people think we might be able to take the air out the ball. Hill still scares the shit out of me. Kelce too. We don't have to worry as much about passing out the backfield. This isn't going to be a jump ball game for the secondary. They get behind our corners, who has faith in Weddle's keeping up? Do like Chuck more for this game than Tony. I just hope I'm not black out by the 2nd quarter.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
It's crazy that there is even hope this game. Most here assumed this was a blowout before "The Change." Now people think we might be able to take the air out the ball. Hill still scares the shit out of me. Kelce too. We don't have to worry as much about passing out the backfield. This isn't going to be a jump ball game for the secondary. They get behind our corners, who has faith in Weddle's keeping up? Do like Chuck more for this game than Tony. I just hope I'm not black out by the 2nd quarter.
That's what cheaters from NE do.

I hope we won't pay too much attention to Hill - if we do, Conley will kill us.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I included in the wrs behind the cbs. He just doesn't scare me like Hill. The speed on this team is crazy even without Hunt.
Pass rush needs to hit home and hit home quick this week. Never been more important imo. We need Tim Williams back.