• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Prepare to Face a Generational Talent

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Patrick Mahomes is NO JOKE. This guy is for real ,so far NOBODY has been able to stop him. NOBODY! He's only lost two games in his short career , each by 3 points and both on the road to 2 teams that will play deep into the playoffs. Mahomes has a rocket arm ,can throw from any angle, can read defenses and process information instantly.
We need to look at Sundays game as a privilege and an honor to be able to witness his talent and have the chance to be able to remember watching him play in his first full season many years from now.
He's already set multiple passing records and is on pace to challenge Peyton Mannings all time season TD record of 55. He's on pace for a 5200 yard season.
The amazing thing is he's still learning. Win or lose this Sunday just enjoy the fact you have a chance to witness.

Good luck Sunday!

coolstory.jpg

In January.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Patrick Mahomes is NO JOKE. This guy is for real ,so far NOBODY has been able to stop him. NOBODY! He's only lost two games in his short career , each by 3 points and both on the road to 2 teams that will play deep into the playoffs. Mahomes has a rocket arm ,can throw from any angle, can read defenses and process information instantly.
We need to look at Sundays game as a privilege and an honor to be able to witness his talent and have the chance to be able to remember watching him play in his first full season many years from now.
He's already set multiple passing records and is on pace to challenge Peyton Mannings all time season TD record of 55. He's on pace for a 5200 yard season.
The amazing thing is he's still learning. Win or lose this Sunday just enjoy the fact you have a chance to witness.

Good luck Sunday!
On Reddit, there is copy pastas where people take a funny post and they modify it to fit a specific person or scenario. For example:

Jimmy Smith is NO JOKE. This guy is for real ,so far NOBODY has been able to throw on him. NOBODY! He's only let up one touchdown in his short season , only to the legendary Drew Brees that will play deep into the playoffs. Jimmy has a rocket arm jam ,can drive on the ball from any angle, can read offenses and process information instantly.
He's already stopped multiple quarterbacks and is on pace to challenge Chris McAlistar as the Ravens best ever cornerback. He's on pace for a legendary season.

Good luck Sunday!

Thanks for this, bud.

Hog Farmer

Practice Squad
That was one hell of a game!!! Props to your team, your Defense is everything on the field the stat lines say they are. You guys are lucky that you got to experience a Pat Mahomes no look throw. He does that all the time in practice but that may be the first one he's done in a game, at least that I'm aware of. Even without that I'm glad you guys got to witness his talent.
Lamar Jackson is a really talented player but i don't think he's the answer and I like Harbaugh he's a good coach and anybody that thinks otherwise is a fool. Hope you guys don't make the playoffs because I wouldn't want to face you a second time.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That was one hell of a game!!! Props to your team, your Defense is everything on the field the stat lines say they are. You guys are lucky that you got to experience a Pat Mahomes no look throw. He does that all the time in practice but that may be the first one he's done in a game, at least that I'm aware of. Even without that I'm glad you guys got to witness his talent.
Lamar Jackson is a really talented player but i don't think he's the answer and I like Harbaugh he's a good coach and anybody that thinks otherwise is a fool. Hope you guys don't make the playoffs because I wouldn't want to face you a second time.
I believe it's too early to decide if Lamar is the answer but I believe strongly that he will become our franchise qb. Remember, Mahomes played one game in his rookie season, LJ started much earlier than expected and is getting better with each game. He makes some really accurate throws and some innacurate ones as well. The great thing about LJ is he puts in the work to get better and his mechanics have changed entirely from college. Just go watch some film of him over the last couple years. He just needs consistency and I think another offseason will suit him well.

Good game, we had you by the ropes and we let you off the hook. However, just as many of us told you, this was not going to be a blowout by any means. I had the Chiefs winning by a fg and that's what happened. Damn

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I believe it's too early to decide if Lamar is the answer but I believe strongly that he will become our franchise qb. Remember, Mahomes played one game in his rookie season, LJ started much earlier than expected and is getting better with each game. He makes some really accurate throws and some innacurate ones as well. The great thing about LJ is he puts in the work to get better and his mechanics have changed entirely from college. Just go watch some film of him over the last couple years. He just needs consistency and I think another offseason will suit him well.

Good game, we had you by the ropes and we let you off the hook. However, just as many of us told you, this was not going to be a blowout by any means. I had the Chiefs winning by a fg and that's what happened. Damn

i mean i got dead excited watching lamar and mahomes and thinking if lamar makes a step up in year 2 this could be a matchup in the AFC we see for many years

styles make fights

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i mean i got dead excited watching lamar and mahomes and thinking if lamar makes a step up in year 2 this could be a matchup in the AFC we see for many years

styles make fights
there is no question these two could be a very exciting game on the NFL dockets for years to come. It's fun watching it now and imagine the improvement from year one to two, especially with Lamar Jackson being the type that WANTS to put in the work to improve. He wants to prove all the teams that passed on him wrong. You can see how vividly upset he is when he makes a mistake AND he owns it.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor

I hope Urban really stays, LJ needs a good coach and mentor, so he can train and internalize the fundamentals and techniques Urban teaches. Another coach mean new approaches.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I hope Urban really stays, LJ needs a good coach and mentor, so he can train and internalize the fundamentals and techniques Urban teaches. Another coach mean new approaches.
no question he needs to stay

rossihunter2

Staff Member
there is no question these two could be a very exciting game on the NFL dockets for years to come. It's fun watching it now and imagine the improvement from year one to two, especially with Lamar Jackson being the type that WANTS to put in the work to improve. He wants to prove all the teams that passed on him wrong. You can see how vividly upset he is when he makes a mistake AND he owns it.

its just exciting having lamar as our qb

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
its just exciting having lamar as our qb
very and that is for the hear and now AND even more so for the future. Yes, teams will have tape on him next season, but the offense will evolve (and most likely new coaches) and we are using a very limited playbook now.