• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the bad, and the inability to beat good teams

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m sorry but I can’t handle watching CJ trailing receivers every single time a big play happens. I’m ready to move on. I don’t care if he’s the smartest player in the nfl. He’s too slow.
yeah Can't pay another slow player on defense 12m.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Kenneth Dixon should be getting 85% of the carries. He is overwhelmingly the best RB on the team and I’ve said this for the past 3 years

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Refs may have screwed us over so obviously, either paid off or NFL wants to ensure the Chiefs get the one seed. Regardless, our inability to finish games is killing us and has been a constant with Harbaugh. Harbaugh needs to go when/if we miss the playoffs.
Agreed!

I don’t get the complaints against Mosely when he’s covering the fucking fastest player in the game. Like what the fuck do you expect? That’s on the scheme.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't want to here any kind of shit about how we "almost won".. WE CANNOT CLOSE OUT GAMES. And the problem starts at the top. The talent on this team is obvious. That's why we were in this shit to begin with. But dumbass situational football from Marty. I mean Dixon had the hot hand and they couldn't stop the run at all. "air it out kid, go be a hero". What kind of moron puts the an ILB on the FASTEST OFFENSIVE PLAYER IN THE GAME. Even an elite LB would have gotten screwed there. On a CRUCIAL fourth down.

I don't care that we "almost won". Playoff worthy teams WIN THOSE GAMES.

Yes, the refs made some bad calls, but that does not excuse the sheer amount of times we shot ourselves in the foot due to shit coaching. It's unaccepatable.
We almost won
You see, if it wasn't for the refs, I really wouldn't be upset with this loss. But holy shit, did the refs completely fuck us over. I think if that was T-Will chasing Mahomes down instead of ZDS, we get good position in Chiefs territory because that "Mahomes magic" doesn't happen.

As much as I enjoy listening to Romo and wished he called ALL of our games, I COMPLETELY disagree about us going 10-6. I see 8-8 tbh.
The referees were a major problem today and I don’t normally throw blame their way. It takes some egregious calls for me to feel slighted but I definitely do feel slighted. The holding calls were extremely biased on many fronts as were the interference calls.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Harbaugh seems so dejected in the press conference, it's like he knows he's gone if we miss the playoffs or gone tomorrow lol.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I'm sick right now. I'm going to the game next week and was hoping to get to see Lamar play. Flying from Florida for the same ol ravens... Yuck

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Get well soon Lamar. You look promising as all hell.

Lamar haters you get your wish, Flacco might start next week.
I think that would be a mistake. Need to continue playing Lamar. He came in clutch and brought us down the field to tie the game ans pull ahead. Bad fumble, without question, but those are rookie mistakes that will be learned.

We don’t even know if Flacco would be cleared to play yet.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar needs to stop turfing easy slants, he did it twice today and they were drive killers
It’s infuriating. All I hear on this board is that he’s money on short passes and the only ones he has problems with are deep passes but he fucking throws behind receivers seemingly almost every time, even when they catch it, and he had some absolute shit throws today that should be easy.

I’m on board the lamar train but damn it’s getting difficult to watch some of this.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
We have to win and get into the playoffs. Nobody in the AFC scares me. Closest one might be LA, and we’ll be seeing that in a couple of weeks.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Good: Dixon is a beast and S.T are on point.

bad: It took an entire half to finally contain Kelce.
Mosley got beat by Williams and even Sherman (if he hadn't dropped the ball). he has to slim down because atm he's looking out of shape and slow.

Ugly: situational play calling by marty again.
inability to close out games. We haven't won any close games against good teams for a long time.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
We almost won

The referees were a major problem today and I don’t normally throw blame their way. It takes some egregious calls for me to feel slighted but I definitely do feel slighted. The holding calls were extremely biased on many fronts as were the interference calls.
Neither do I, but they missed a DPI on Moore, yet call a sorry ass OPI on Crabtree?

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Harbaugh seems so dejected in the press conference, it's like he knows he's gone if we miss the playoffs or gone tomorrow lol.
He just lost an emotional game he should have won. How would you feel? How do you feel right now? The guy isn’t a robot

redrum52

Hall of Famer
@JO_75

Saying the refs fucked us and we need to close aren't exclusive. Both can be true. Why the fuck can't we stop people on 4th and fucking long.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t get the complaints against Mosely when he’s covering the fucking fastest player in the game. Like what the fuck do you expect? That’s on the scheme.
It’s not hill specifically. It’s every fucking game.