• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If we stay at pick 22, I don’t feel comfortable taking the next tier of pass rushers (burns, polite, Ferguson) as i would in taking the next tier of IOL. Give me Chris Lindstrom, Bradbury or maybe even Erik McCoy first
Shit lindstrom is one of my favorite guys in this class and I somehow keep forgetting he exists lol.

I’d stay at 22 and take londstrom. Shit he’s probably my BPA there considering what our OL is. Stanley, lindstrom, Bozeman, yanda, Brown, that sounds like formidable ass line

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So Earl Thomas cancels out Mosley's comp pick and now we are likely to only get one 3rd round comp for ZDS thanks to the Packers ridiculous overpay. I would say we rebounded well but still too many issues at hand right now.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Shit lindstrom is one of my favorite guys in this class and I somehow keep forgetting he exists lol.

I’d stay at 22 and take londstrom. Shit he’s probably my BPA there considering what our OL is. Stanley, lindstrom, Bozeman, yanda, Brown, that sounds like formidable ass line
Id almost prefer Bradbury because hes used to calling protection. Hes great at climbing blocks and would just really help solidify our line.

At that point tho i honestly wouldnt be mad with either pick but i guess i just prefer Bradbury

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
So Earl Thomas cancels out Mosley's comp pick and now we are likely to only get one 3rd round comp for ZDS thanks to the Packers ridiculous overpay. I would say we rebounded well but still too many issues at hand right now.
I still see pleny of options to fix our holes. The draft is very top heavy and deep in pass rushers and theres plenty of recievers who can fit our scheme.

The one position im really worried about is our Mike LB position. Outside White and Bush there arent many options. And i feel like bush is better suited for a 4-3.

Still theres plenty of time and i feel as though Decosta has a plan

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Well... Considering Jimmy, Marlon, and Tavon can all be trusted in one on one coverage against most of the league's receivers..... Thomas being able to roam free is going to open up the doors for everything, and Jefferson could be in the box.

That's as good of a move as you could of made. That's a move that makes your entire defense better.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
@rossihunter2

Per Overthecap, 2020 comp pick

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

currently Suggs and Mosley comp picks of 5th and 3rd were cancelled out for Ingram and Thomas respectively.

yep - outside of it cancelling mosley in stead of ZDS (which makes no difference because they were right next to each other on the chart anyway unless someone comes in and splits them with a contract at like 16.75m/yr - it changes nothing)

and the sizzle pick is only cancelled because we havent had any other free agents sign on anywhere - we just need 1 of urban/maxx/rgiii to get signed and we get that 5th rounder back

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well... Considering Jimmy, Marlon, and Tavon can all be trusted in one on one coverage against most of the league's receivers..... Thomas being able to roam free is going to open up the doors for everything, and Jefferson could be in the box.

That's as good of a move as you could of made. That's a move that makes your entire defense better.
Best secondary in the league. Now time to find some pass rushers. And a linebacker

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

Good thing we kept all that talent and added Thomas the way the Browns are loading up on skill positions plus Juju and AJ Green.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

I hope he adjusts to single high, because we don’t have cover 3 corners and we don’t have a cover 2/3 SS. I’m really beginning to like the idea of letting Elliott or Clark play SS because I think those guys could step in pretty well in a defense that would let earl be his best self.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yes... Because Earl Thomas is going to totally be put into our defense rather than us building the playbook around him.....
You think we would change the defense entirely? I don’t mean force Thomas to be something he’s not, I mean that what he will be asked to do here is likely quite different than what he did in Seattle and to switch to their playbook to accentuate him would be a huge change

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Or keep jefferson at SS and tell Elliot to beef up for the hybrid Lb role
We would already have that guy in Levine though. Elliott looks like he’s got range and good eyes when he’s able to play back, he’s not the guy I’d want converting.

And on second thought, Levine at hybrid LB and Jefferson at SS would make more sense...