• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

It was the play that caused great shame for him. A Bill Buckner type of play. Unfortunately, sometimes it happens and you have to live with it the rest of your life and they will bring it up over and over. It has to suck for him.
Really - the sports world can be so cruel. Sanchez was no hall of famer, but he achieved a lot. To be remembered and ridiculed for one silly play is really unfair.

Fans who have played sport at basically any level usually don't engage in that behavior, because they understand what it takes to participate in these games at the insane level that is required for pro athletes. Its usually the fat-ass fan who can barley get themselves out of their lazy boy to fetch another beer that are the first to ridicule.

Last edited:
Thanks man! It doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things and, honestly, the Tavon Young news overshadows the game IMO, but it was cool to extend our preseason winning streak. Hopefully Rodgers can play in game 3 for you guys to get a preview of how he's doing with LaFleur at the helm.
Yep - last night was a net loss for sure. These pre-season games are about 1 thing - no significant injuries. Young is no household name, so this won't be mentioned on national sports talk, but Ravens fans understand that it is a blow to the defense.

He came up to Lamar hugged him and said I love watching you play. It was awesome!
I thought I heard that he also said, "... but you got to get down". Which would be the most important message for Lamar to receive. I'm sure his coaches were telling him that after his sideline hit where he picked up an extra 2 yards in a preseason game.

Its hard for an athlete like Lamar to de-program his approach to play, but that single thing may be more important for him to learn than mechanics and accuracy. Perfecting those is not much good if you are out for the season.

I thought I heard that he also said, "... but you got to get down". Which would be the most important message for Lamar to receive. I'm sure his coaches were telling him that after his sideline hit where he picked up an extra 2 yards in a preseason game.

Its hard for an athlete like Lamar to de-program his approach to play, but that single thing may be more important for him to learn than mechanics and accuracy. Perfecting those is not much good if you are out for the season.
He's a good player. I pray he stays healthy and has many good years with you guys.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

Yeah, the play to get an extra 2 yards is one that he needs to avoid going forward because there was basically no room to go anywhere. He should have thrown the ball away on that one TBH.

Yeah, the play to get an extra 2 yards is one that he needs to avoid going forward because there was basically no room to go anywhere. He should have thrown the ball away on that one TBH.
When he was on the ground, he pounded the ball in his hand ... which is something guys tend to do when they just missed breaking a big play ... but I'm thinking (or at least hoping) that was him being mad at himself for not going out of bounds or throwing it away

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
When he was on the ground, he pounded the ball in his hand ... which is something guys tend to do when they just missed breaking a big play ... but I'm thinking (or at least hoping) that was him being mad at himself for not going out of bounds or throwing it away
I’m thinking he was late to a read and was mad that he had to run at all

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m thinking he was late to a read and was mad that he had to run at all

I will give him this, I get the feeling he was trying to dodge a hit by cutting back inbounds. I know it sounds odd but when I was watching live I expected him to get crushed going out of bounds.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I will give him this, I get the feeling he was trying to dodge a hit by cutting back inbounds. I know it sounds odd but when I was watching live I expected him to get crushed going out of bounds.
lamar evades hits very unconventionally, hes very elusive even in situations where hes being held still, just very quick to react and lower his body to make a tackler go high over him, or leaning away and making guys whiff, just very bendy and aware. where a russell wilson would slide, lamar would make a cut and make a sure tackler get a soft swipe on him rather than a "hit", while also giving him a chance to stay upright and break a play. Lamar is so elusive that hes just able to pull shit off like this, wilson, rg3, and even michael vick werent elusive enough to evade hits and give themselves a chance to keep running, they either slide or take the shot.