• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Everyone keeps saying how we're losing these vets. SO? Didn't Wink just say the defense was tailored to the guys we have? Didn't he also say it was simplified? Why can't the new guys who have a year or more in it make the adjustments? I think people are making too much of the play calling duties. It was one game where someone was quickly inserted. I can guarantee had we gone in knowing CJ was out, we would have performed better. We can't keep screaming for the young guys to play then begging to re-sign the AGING vets.

it's simplified in the sense that it allows quicker and more fluid calls and changing of calls by the players - but that requires having guys who are great pre-snap like CJ, sizzle and weddle and it looks like we're losing all 3 of those guys now

redrum52

Hall of Famer
it's simplified in the sense that it allows quicker and more fluid calls and changing of calls by the players - but that requires having guys who are great pre-snap like CJ, sizzle and weddle and it looks like we're losing all 3 of those guys now
I'd rather role the dice with the unknown right now.

Realistically, do we have a chance to win it all?

If the answer is no, you keep building and move forward. Hope to draft well and invest in your future. It's time to move on from these guys and it just doesn't make sense to keep trying to patch the problems the way we have. For years we've needed more speed and it finally feels like the FO is realizing we can't keep doing things the way we have previously. The Patriots have fundamentally gotten this right while the rest of the league,for the most part gets sentimental with players.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
pinch of salt - report is from *** but it does worry me that we've heard nothing else so far and arizona has definitely had a lot of interest apparently
Jeff Zrebiec also tweeted that he expects Suggs to sign with the Cardinals

Simba

Staff Member
Zrebiec now saying the expectation is Suggs lands in Arizona, so ... was actually right for once.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Jeff Zrebiec also tweeted that he expects Suggs to sign with the Cardinals

I was about to laugh at this, but could see him taking a discount to play there cause I think he's from the area or lives there.

Good for him.

Simba

Staff Member
I was about to laugh at this, but could see him taking a discount to play there cause I think he's from the area or lives there.

Good for him.

Yeah he grew up in AZ, went to college there, and lives there in the offseason. Makes sense for him.

Not sure why AZ would do that, though. Clear rebuilding team, so not sure an old pass rusher does anything for them.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I wonder if the comp pick for Mosley is even Gon be top 3 with all these contracts. Foles #1 for sure

NOt sure of formula but it comes down to contract and play. If he lands on the Browns I hope its the worst comp pick of the bunch... Will be hared to tell because there are a lot of good players in FA.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Definitely sucks to see these players go but I understand.

Simba

Staff Member
More of a sentimental loss than anything. Last remaining piece of that dominant defensive era. Sucks to see him go, but no harm in forcing us to get younger.