• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

Charm City

Pro Bowler
I am more than fine with letting everyone spend their cash, picking up a couple of quality players, and rolling the cap over to next season. This market is crazy hot right now

Simba

Staff Member
Regardless of whether it's the Ravens or not, I'm really curious to see what Ingram's price ends up being. RB who will be 30 at the end of this year, but seems to have found life in more of a time share situation.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah who were they bidding against? Pretty sure Foles had no interest outside of Jacksonville.
exactly. They were the only team that I know of and basically gave him a contract like there was a bidding war

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah who were they bidding against? Pretty sure Foles had no interest outside of Jacksonville.

exactly. They were the only team that I know of and basically gave him a contract like there was a bidding war

he was also their only real option - and his side knew it - both sides knew they were the other side's only real option which led to a pretty fair deal

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That's actually pretty fair for both sides... I'm kinda shocked.
He's never played a full season. In 2013 he played 13, 2015 he played 11 and the last three years he has started 9 games TOTAL. Lets see him do it in Jacksonville.

The total deal is fair, but the guaranteed money is ridiculous

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
So you're saying we could get a passrusher for a relatively cheap price.
He was raw as a pass rusher but the tools were clearly there. Then Zimmer moved him to SAM, an obvious waste of his talents.

Dude has been moving positions in football for a decade. He’s probably so confused at this point that he might give up

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
He's never played a full season. In 2013 he played 13, 2015 he played 11 and the last three years he has started 9 games TOTAL. Lets see him do it in Jacksonville.

The total deal is fair, but the guaranteed money is ridiculous

I agree for Nick Foles its a little high, but if there was 1 thing teams I think should do to help make the QB deals a little easier to stomach is just guarantee them.

Take Rodgers for instance. Guarantee the whole thing because he isn't getting cut and EVERYONE knows it but maybe you can save 10m on the deal by guaranteeing the rest of it.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
In time this may happen, but the problem with starting to do it for QBs is agents will start asking for it for other players and so on. It will be interesting to see what happens with the next CBA. We may see something in the works for guaranteed contracts other than rookies and Kirk Cousins.