• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

Hearing everyone talk about how many holes there are... I think Eric has a Gruden like plan(a plan which looks to be coming together nicely btw) and we are gonna see lots of trade backs and get a shitload of resources for the 2020 draft.
TANKSZN, honestly wouldn’t mind shittinf the bed this year and just be loaded 2020 and beyond

Simba

Staff Member
Hearing everyone talk about how many holes there are... I think Eric has a Gruden like plan(a plan which looks to be coming together nicely btw) and we are gonna see lots of trade backs and get a shitload of resources for the 2020 draft.

I wouldn't be hurt. I've been saying for the last 2 years that we should just purge the bad contracts, let the young guys play, and rebuild over basically a 2 year period.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
word from the front office is its one of the overall deepest draft classes they've ever seen in terms of draftable players (at all positions) but it's particularly deep on day 2 - which interestingly is where the offensive strength of the draft might be
Trade out of the first confirmed

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Just really curious to see what we do now. That's a lot of holes to fill in one offseason, and we're already without a 2nd.

Backup QB, RB, 2 WR, C, G, DE (maybe), ILB (maybe), 1 or 2 OLB, FS

The only real holes are WR, C, G, ILB* and FS.

If the starter goes down we're done. RB is more of a want than a need and can be addressed as a UDFA. Same for ILB if you think Peanut or Young can start. We invested way too much into OLB to not give the guys we have a chance.

Now I expect us to either trade for or draft wr. The way we draft I'd much rather go trade, but it is what it is. Would love to pick up Paradis or Morse, and then draft a G. As far as FS, there's an abundance of S in FA we could use or try Jimmy out there. I think the needs of the team are exaggerated. Every team has holes and I didn't expect us to fill ours in just one year. For too long the team just seemed to be trying to tread water and it feels like they're finally seeing that their previous method wasn't working. Just try to build your best roster with the rookie qb and see where it takes you.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
We all are going to overreact to the losses and media will say we are done, etc. Yet somehow we will be in the thick of the playoff race by the end of the season. Always happens...............

Browns may win the Division this year, this might be the one year where we have to worry about losing guys.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree. The team isn’t that bad off and a lot of our issues have someone to potentially step up to the plate except a few positions.

At safety, we have Levine, Jefferson, Clark, Elliot and potentially Canady who has played there. We also have a pretty strong secondary so I could see that staying intact. We’ve lost Suggs but we have Judon and Williams, so we definitely need to address pass rusher but nothing new there with or without Suggs and Smith. Smith also played a lot inside and we have Willie Henry who can do that too. We also have a lot of guys returning on the DL and could even bring back Urban, so I think DL and CB could be our strength to hide our LB and S corps. For C and G we have Bozeman as well as a competition among Lewis and Hurst and Senat. We’re also sure to draft a guy there.

I don’t think this roster is at all bad. I think even losing Mosley and Suggs we will be okay. Yeah losing their IQ hurts but everyone asks for the young guys to play so it looks like we’ll get that.

Sign Justin Houston to replace the suggs and zdarius losses, move jimmy to safety and let him compete rather than overpay for honey badger, and let the young boys ball like we have been wanting.. the defense is stilk very good lol and everyone is overreacting about it. The offense on the other hand is attrocius we need G,C, 2-3 Wrs, backuo QB, and possibly rb

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
definitely what hurts the most is losing the leadership and the high football IQ of these players.

Simba

Staff Member
definitely what hurts the most is losing the leadership and the high football IQ of these players.

I think this is the most understated loss here. Weddle, while old and slow, is pretty much a football genius. Suggs' ability to diagnose a screen is better than any player I've ever seen. Mosley consistently made last minute adjustments in his time here. If Mosley goes, that's 3 super smart dudes that we no longer have.

Taze

Practice Squad
We should go full on offense. I think that may be the plan and try to see what we have with our young defensive guys like people have always asked us to do. Eric does like analytics so I could see this as a very realistic possibility
I agree. Building the offense around Lamar is by far the most crucial thing to do this offseason. I wouldn’t hate just rolling with the plethora of young defenders and seeing which are actually gonna stick

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
and the last of the old guard to move on. Enjoy the rest of your career Sizzle. Look forward to seeing you in Canton!

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think this is the most understated loss here. Weddle, while old and slow, is pretty much a football genius. Suggs' ability to diagnose a screen is better than any player I've ever seen. Mosley consistently made last minute adjustments in his time here. If Mosley goes, that's 3 super smart dudes that we no longer have.
That is the one area you can’t immediately upgrade on these guys. It sucks and it sucks it’s in one offseason. My guess on Weddle is we have a plan and that’s why we let him go. I truly think Mosley was an expected loss and I’m not sure on Suggs.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I have good faith in Kenny young to absorb a lot of the shock from losing mosleys IQ, coaches raves about his smarts, and he really came off as a cerebral guy in interviews. I don’t entirely trust him and peanut together and wouldn’t mind seeing a Devin bush or a round 4 pick like Shaquille quarterman, but yeah I think young should hold his own.

Suggs was strictly a sentimental and on-field coaching thing, I do hope that we can gameplan as intelligently as we could before without Suggs, I don’t see a guy capable of that. Other than that, we HAVE to let Tim Williams and bowser play, and the culture of older and old school players needs to end and we need to start letting young guys play, ready or not, I believe we have wasted draft picks by refusing to play guys and watched talented players fade into nothing and are out of the league by year 4.

I want us to get a WR, but I would also like to see lasley and Moore thrown into the fire as 3 and 4, one has earned it and the other is a high ceiling guy who needs a shot.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Have we made an attempt to sign anyone besides Ingram and Bell? Any Receivers?

The FA wrs are weak. I'd really like to see Moore get a bigger role. Not saying just go into the season with him. Want at least 2 wrs taken in the first 2 days or a trade, but we have to see what we have as well.