• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Why do you feel comfortable with Amos or Clinton-Dix? Clinton-Dix allegedly freelanced too much back there and abandoned his assignments and started talking about how he wasn’t going to be on the team [Packers] the next year. I’m not sure what happened there but that’s a bit of a concern for me. I do like him and pounded the table for him at the trade deadline but it’s a concern. Furthermore, WAS signed Collins over Clinton-Dix.

Then on the subject of Amos, he’s never really been a ball hawk and could’ve benefitted from Jackson and their secondary with Mack applying pressure. It’s just a concern of mine. I’d be happy if we signed them but those are just my concerns. What makes you feel better about signing them versus Earl Thomas? Or is it a matter of getting a veteran safety so we can use draft capital on a LB?
There’s no LB in FA that I like, but there are safeties. I think HHCD would do well with a solid culture around him, that GB locker room seems to be a little on the toxic side and the defense has been ass for years, and the redskins are a fucking circus so I don’t pay their moves any mind and think they fucked themselves signing Collins for that much.

Amos has been a solid safety in general, definitely benefitted from the roster around him but that defense wasn’t always stacked and he was solid before Jackson and Mack. I do believe he will be a reliable safety who can play strong and free.

I see 2 LBs we can land in the draft, Mack and bush, but none in FA. Fuck Brandon Marshall I don’t want him here, I don’t think this draft class is strong at 22 and if we have to take a LB I’m fine with it because I think bush or Mack could be one of the better possible picks at 22.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Best thing the franchise can do this offseason is extend Stanley and maybe Judon. Then Marlon next year.

The CJ loss stings. Weddle and Suggs really don't too much for anything other than sentimental reasons. But we still need a FS and would need another pass rusher with Suggs. Judon is not a #1.

Please don't bring back ZDS. No veteran stopgap players. Please draft offense. If the defense is going to suck, I'll live with it if the QB gets protection. No RBs in FA, I'd rather have the rollover next year and take my chances on a RB in the draft next year.

We've been laughing at the Steelers for falling apart but they have Juju and Connor. They'll be fine. Can't say the same for us

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
There’s no LB in FA that I like, but there are safeties. I think HHCD would do well with a solid culture around him, that GB locker room seems to be a little on the toxic side and the defense has been ass for years, and the redskins are a fucking circus so I don’t pay their moves any mind and think they fucked themselves signing Collins for that much.

Amos has been a solid safety in general, definitely benefitted from the roster around him but that defense wasn’t always stacked and he was solid before Jackson and Mack. I do believe he will be a reliable safety who can play strong and free.

I see 2 LBs we can land in the draft, Mack and bush, but none in FA. Fuck Brandon Marshall I don’t want him here, I don’t think this draft class is strong at 22 and if we have to take a LB I’m fine with it because I think bush or Mack could be one of the better possible picks at 22.
Adderley is a star and quite possibly there for us at 22. It's time we get back to getting the best player available.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Best thing the franchise can do this offseason is extend Stanley and maybe Judon. Then Marlon next year.

The CJ loss stings. Weddle and Suggs really don't too much for anything other than sentimental reasons. But we still need a FS and would need another pass rusher with Suggs. Judon is not a #1.

Please don't bring back ZDS. No veteran stopgap players. Please draft offense. If the defense is going to suck, I'll live with it if the QB gets protection. No RBs in FA, I'd rather have the rollover next year and take my chances on a RB in the draft next year.

We've been laughing at the Steelers for falling apart but they have Juju and Connor. They'll be fine. Can't say the same for us
The Steelers have an offensive line.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Marshal is a huge step down from CJ and probably worse than our current ilbs. He doesn't even give much leadership or play adjusting ability.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
It would have been nice to see CJ Mosley stay even given the amount of money he's going to make. Guys like Humphrey would have seen the captain of the defense committed to really building something rather than making the statement that the team that drafted him is a mere stepping stone.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter

Pretty much agreed on all accounts. Stanley needs to get extended fast because that OT market is starting to lose sense.

Simba

Staff Member
I'm really hurt to see CJ go just because I thought he was the quintessential Raven who clearly wanted to be here. With that being said though, secure the bag. I wouldn't pass up $17M a year either, especially when reports had the Ravens at around $14M. I was on board with the team signing him around that amount, but I'm glad DeCosta and company made the tough call to move on. $17M is just ridiculous money.

I do wonder if they regret not franchising him. Of course, hindsight is 20/20, but CJ probably would have signed for $14-14.5M/year if the negotiations were limited just to the Ravens. Kwon set the market so it would have given us a price. No one but CJ was getting $17M.

At this point, just focus on our current guys and build for next year. Let the young guys play and see what you have. I don't see the point in investing in a whole bunch of veteran stop gaps. Unless you want to make a splash and get Bell, keep the big money in house so another CJ situation doesn't happen.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Adderley is a star and quite possibly there for us at 22. It's time we get back to getting the best player available.
I agree there and would be happier with Adderley but I don’t trust peanut tbh. Maybe wink and Eric are happy with the duo we have, and yes I’d rather draft Adderley than sign any of those guys, but only if young and peanut are a legit starting duo

Simba

Staff Member
I agree there and would be happier with Adderley but I don’t trust peanut tbh. Maybe wink and Eric are happy with the duo we have, and yes I’d rather draft Adderley than sign any of those guys, but only if young and peanut are a legit starting duo

Peanut is a hard guy to evaluate at this point. There was obvious improvement from him late last season, but it was also obvious that Weddle and Mosley were basically freeing him up and telling him where to go at times. How much is Peanut's improvement, and how much is the scheme/leadership? Hard to say.

Simba

Staff Member
Suggs is getting 1 year 7 million.

Day 1 of legal tampering:

tenor.gif

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Suggs is getting 1 year 7 million.

I was way off... GODDAM.

Now all you nostalgic fans, would you want the Ravens dishing out these contracts to keep the gang together?

Don't worry. We'll get to see CJ and Suggs next years.