• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
This is why I'm so in favour of resigning players early like DeCosta has started to do and likely wants to keep on doing. It was well obvious that CJ was going to break the bank the more he was close to hitting FA. I'm extremely disappointed that he won't get a second contract with us, especially since he was supposed to be the heir to our LB legacy, but it is what it is. Good for him and his family and I wish him the best in NY. Now let's just resign Pierce and Judon so I never feel this way again, and hope for a good LB in the draft although it's clearly not the good year for that.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
17m a year for Mosley is too damn much, and right now I’m just glad about 2 things: we didn’t overpay, and he didn’t go to Cleveland

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is why I'm so in favour of resigning players early like DeCosta has started to do and likely wants to keep on doing. It was well obvious that CJ was going to break the bank the more he was close to hitting FA. I'm extremely disappointed that he won't get a second contract with us, especially since he was supposed to be the heir to our LB legacy, but it is what it is. Good for him and his family and I wish him the best in NY. Now let's just resign Pierce and Judon so I never feel this way again, and hope for a good LB in the draft although it's clearly not the good year for that.
I’ve asked the same thing but people kept saying Mosley didn’t want to extend and wanted a short term deal or something. I’m not sure what the truth is but I’m sure we’ll hear about it after he leaves. Usually that stuff leaks then when the player is gone

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
17m a year for Mosley is too damn much, and right now I’m just glad about 2 things: we didn’t overpay, and he didn’t go to Cleveland
That Kuechly deal was bound to get blown away. That was 3 years ago and Mosley is recognized as a top 3 LB in his prime. No reason he wouldn't reset the market.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I’ve asked the same thing but people kept saying Mosley didn’t want to extend and wanted a short term deal or something. I’m not sure what the truth is but I’m sure we’ll hear about it after he leaves. Usually that stuff leaks then when the player is gone
I'm not criticizing the FO, I think Mosley and his agent played it much harder than what he wanted to admit. I don't question that the FO tried hard to keep him.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
That Kuechly deal was bound to get blown away. That was 3 years ago and Mosley is recognized as a top 3 LB in his prime. No reason he wouldn't reset the market.
Crazy thing is they’re both close in age. Kuechly is 27 and Mosley 26. The only difference is Luke has those concussions and Mosley has various knicks.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not criticizing the FO, I think Mosley and his agent played it much harder than what he wanted to admit. I don't question that the FO tried hard to keep him.
Oh I know. Just adding in some extra info if others didn’t know.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think we need to go after Amos or HHCD and bell, and go after them hard. If we get one of the safeties, we need to try to trade back and see if we can land Devin bush while picking up a high third/low second, and then stack the OL in the draft while going after a guy like Wesley/Meyers/Campbell/hall on day 3, because I definitely think we would be able to land more than one of them in the fourth/fifth

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Man, what a whirlwind it has been for Ravens fans in the last several months. Ozzie retiring, Flacco traded, Suggs leaving, Mosley leaving, Weddle cut. Can’t say im really shocked at any of it especially since some were written on the wall months before, but I’m more disappointed than anything.

Feels like an end of something for me. Felt pieces of that go earlier with Lewis, Ngata, and Reed leaving.

More than the play of Weddle, Suggs, and Mosley which can be replaced, maybe even be better, we lost of ton of IQ, three leaders, and three player coaches. That will be the toughest to replace.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Ah, I also read that we were interested in Brandon Marshall, so there's that.
Also no. No veteran stopgap players. None at all. These teams have metric fuckloads in cap due to rollover. If we sign Marshall and Ingram, that’ll tell me what I need to know: nothing’s changed and this team will continue to be mediocre.

This team had potential to be solid for Lamar to build around. Defense is probably fucked now. So let me guess? Mack Wilson in the first round? More defense in the third and fourth? Offense is bound to get neglected, again? Hurst and Skura remain starters? More stopgap WRs?

I better be wrong or this team is a joke

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think we need to go after Amos or HHCD and bell, and go after them hard. If we get one of the safeties, we need to try to trade back and see if we can land Devin bush while picking up a high third/low second, and then stack the OL in the draft while going after a guy like Wesley/Meyers/Campbell/hall on day 3, because I definitely think we would be able to land more than one of them in the fourth/fifth
Why do you feel comfortable with Amos or Clinton-Dix? Clinton-Dix allegedly freelanced too much back there and abandoned his assignments and started talking about how he wasn’t going to be on the team [Packers] the next year. I’m not sure what happened there but that’s a bit of a concern for me. I do like him and pounded the table for him at the trade deadline but it’s a concern. Furthermore, WAS signed Collins over Clinton-Dix.

Then on the subject of Amos, he’s never really been a ball hawk and could’ve benefitted from Jackson and their secondary with Mack applying pressure. It’s just a concern of mine. I’d be happy if we signed them but those are just my concerns. What makes you feel better about signing them versus Earl Thomas? Or is it a matter of getting a veteran safety so we can use draft capital on a LB?

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Why do you feel comfortable with Amos or Clinton-Dix? Clinton-Dix allegedly freelanced too much back there and abandoned his assignments and started talking about how he wasn’t going to be on the team [Packers] the next year. I’m not sure what happened there but that’s a bit of a concern for me. I do like him and pounded the table for him at the trade deadline but it’s a concern. Furthermore, WAS signed Collins over Clinton-Dix.

Then on the subject of Amos, he’s never really been a ball hawk and could’ve benefitted from Jackson and their secondary with Mack applying pressure. It’s just a concern of mine. I’d be happy if we signed them but those are just my concerns. What makes you feel better about signing them versus Earl Thomas? Or is it a matter of getting a veteran safety so we can use draft capital on a LB?
HHCD is the most overrated plauer out there and it's not close.