• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

rossihunter2

Staff Member
There's typically no limit to the number of comp picks given in a round, but I've been saying for years that it's only a matter of time before they have to adjust the line for what contracts fall where. I have a hard time seeing the NFL giving out 15+ 3rd rounders, which is where this thing is heading it seems. It's really hard to say how that's going to work out as time goes along. In the current state though, we'd likely be in line for two 3rd rounders.

there's a natural inflation to the formula every year but the cut off for a 3rd round comp would have to go up by more than 6m in 1 year for us not to get 2 3rd rounders

sizzle is capped at a 5th but he would likely have been on the 4th-5th round cusp based off previous years (probably in the 5th round range anyway tbh)

and john brown at 9m/yr is almost definitely a 4th rounder - the cut-off would have to go up by 2m or so to knock him down to a 5th

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter
Former Vikings’ DT Sheldon Richardson intends to sign a three-year deal with the Cleveland Browns when free agency opens Wednesday, a source tells ESPN. Cleveland’s opening-day front four now expected to be DE Myles Garrett, DT Larry Ogunjobi, Richardson and DE Emmanuel Ogbah.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bell just isn't worth it. No RB is worth what he is going to get.
As long as he hasn't lost a step or gotten out of shape he could be worth it. Bell is more like a wr/rb hybrid. In the right offense he's basically going to be the slot wr and get moved around a lot. I don't think that fits Lamar or Roman though.

Simba

Staff Member
there's a natural inflation to the formula every year but the cut off for a 3rd round comp would have to go up by more than 6m in 1 year for us not to get 2 3rd rounders

sizzle is capped at a 5th but he would likely have been on the 4th-5th round cusp based off previous years (probably in the 5th round range anyway tbh)

and john brown at 9m/yr is almost definitely a 4th rounder - the cut-off would have to go up by 2m or so to knock him down to a 5th

Yeah at $17M and $16.5M, we're certainly safe I would think. Just have to think at some point, numbers are going to change.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
What’s with Akbar tweeting two days ago “
A BIRD told me that
@LeveonBell
will be a Steeler “NEVERMORE.” Edgar Allen Poe can confirm. #Enigma”?????

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I think it is down to us and the Jets. I think he'll choose us because he'll want to stick it to Pittsburgh twice a year.
I think so too. I just have this weird feeling he’ll be a Raven. Maybe it’s just gas though.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Never mind. Fake account