• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

JAAM

Hall of Famer
There is no reason that this takes this long. Upside to this is Ingram might sign elsewhere if bell decides to drag this out
I agree. There's some kind of deadlock out there but I'm totally fine with it. Bell is most likely mulling over the deal we gave him and the deal the Jets gave him. Meanwhile, this gives Ingram more time to sign elsewhere lol.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I agree. There's some kind of deadlock out there but I'm totally fine with it. Bell is most likely mulling over the deal we gave him and the deal the Jets gave him. Meanwhile, this gives Ingram more time to sign elsewhere lol.
deal to Ingram may be contingent on where Bell lands.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
You have your franchise QB, Eric. Surround the fucking kid with some weapons. I like what what's-his-name said: Put a track team out there on offense and copy the Chiefs. Mark Ingram doesn't fit the fucking bill but we all know Ozzie's ways rubbed off on Eric so I can't fucking wait for Ingram to be one and done here.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yeah I’d rather sign neither than sign Ingram. I just don’t think he’s enough of an upgrade, and I’d rather see us get Darby and an OL a rotational edge rusher instead

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Remember how much success Flacco had with Rice? A reliable superstar who can tote the rock 20+ times a game and can catch 5+ out of the backfield. DO THE SAME WITH LAMAR AND SIGN BELL

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Yeah I’d rather sign neither than sign Ingram. I just don’t think he’s enough of an upgrade, and I’d rather see us get Darby and an OL a rotational edge rusher instead
I'll literally be dead inside if we sign Ingram and I don't care if that sounds like an exaggeration. All this buildup to a superstar RB we haven't had in years and we go with a guy who's already similar to Dixon and Gus but older. I'll be sick to my stomach.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Remember how much success Flacco had with Rice? A reliable superstar who can tote the rock 20+ times a game and can catch 5+ out of the backfield. DO THE SAME WITH LAMAR AND SIGN BELL

Flacco was honestly pretty bad his first 3 years in the league even with Rice.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
They won't sign Ingram if Bell signs here.
You sure about that though? If we want to be run heavy, what's wrong with a 1-2 punch of Bell and Ingram with Gus for some fresh legs? Idk, just trying to think of ANY kind of scenario where we sign Bell.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
You sure about that though? If we want to be run heavy, what's wrong with a 1-2 punch of Bell and Ingram with Gus for some fresh legs? Idk, just trying to think of ANY kind of scenario where we sign Bell.
I'm not sure about that at all. Just a hunch

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I'm not sure about that at all. Just a hunch
I'd gladly take that and get rid of Dixon. Ingram is used to being a number two anyways.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
We're not signing Bell and everyone will be mad when we sign Ingram... Spoiler alert
That's what it's looking like but I'll reserve my anger for when it actually happens.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'd gladly take that and get rid of Dixon. Ingram is used to being a number two anyways.
Dixon is on his rookie contract. Let him walk as an ufa and hopefully try and get a comp out of him. He's a good back when healthy.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Preserve the cap space and try to trade for a G or C instead