• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Free Agency 2019

redrum52

Hall of Famer
what i don't understand is why marlon would go out on such a limb and claim he knows leveon is coming to baltimore

This why Judon stay at his neck.

I'm not even mad about not getting Bell. I'm pissed we're still going to waste our time and money and Ingram.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Good. Let his headaches go to some other team. The money isn’t bad sure, but no amount of money could make me pay for a fucking cancer like that. I don’t think even a control freak like Harbaugh could keep him in line.

Now for the love of god stop negotiating with Ingram and fix this fucking offensive line.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
This why Judon stay at his neck.

I'm not even mad about not getting Bell. I'm pissed we're still going to waste our time and money and Ingram.
Ingram isn’t a bad player but he’s got damn near a decade in the league, and has injury history, and he’s scheme limited and bailed out by one of the greatest offensive minds the game has ever seen. He’s a good player but his production is inflated.

Don’t want him. There are bigger needs at hand.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Definitely frustrating to see all of our players go elsewhere. That being said, I didn't want to resign ZDS and Mosley at that money. CJ is definitely a loss of a very talented and high IQ football player that will hurt in the short run, but we will overcome long term. One player does not make a football team. Suggs was a tough to lose. It's the end of an era and September will be the first game we play without the likes of Ray Lewis, Ed Reed or Terrell Suggs. He got 7m in Arizona and we weren't going to pay that money.

Bell would have been an exciting get with Lamar Jackson, but quite frankly we have too many needs to be considering an expensive running back. I have no issues with signing Ingram, but I don't want to give him the money he wants either. Hopefully the structure of the contract is team friendly. I'm like @Lost_In_Translation. Would much prefer to draft a RB in the upcoming draft and emphasize offense. I'd like to sign a couple players this free agency period that can help us in 2019 and use the remaining cap, plus the shitload that we will have next season and go to work next offseason. We should also have a shit ton of comp picks (max 4), but they could be 2 thirds, a fourth and a 5/6th for Suggs.

Tough day today, but keep your heads up and stay positive!

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
changing course, some intriguing names remain with Houston/Thomas/HHCD on defense, and Tyrell on offense. Only fear is I wouldn't feel great paying Tyrell 12M/year which is what I've heard his market is. I wish we had an idea of what cap space looked like across the league, there's been so much money spent that surely some of these remaining FA's have to come down on price.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Good. Let his headaches go to some other team. The money isn’t bad sure, but no amount of money could make me pay for a fucking cancer like that. I don’t think even a control freak like Harbaugh could keep him in line.

Now for the love of god stop negotiating with Ingram and fix this fucking offensive line.
That's going to be done in the draft.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

What's there to fix?

And anyone who really listened to that bullshit album deserves what they got. I told you all since WAY earlier how this was going down.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Bell is a headache? How? All he did was not play. Didnt bother anyone while doing so. Any smart person in this world wouldve done the same

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ingram isn’t a bad player but he’s got damn near a decade in the league, and has injury history, and he’s scheme limited and bailed out by one of the greatest offensive minds the game has ever seen. He’s a good player but his production is inflated.

Don’t want him. There are bigger needs at hand.
Ingram, like him or not, is a perfect fit for our scheme. Roman is the best designer of the running game in the NFL. He's a better fit for Roman than Le'veon Bell.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wonder what's the move here. Did they let all those players on D walk bc they planned on spending big on the defense? I cant see us going defense heavy this draft considering the need at offense. Especially being down 2 Wrs.

This is confusing unless we nab a Safety from free agency

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Ingram, like him or not, is a perfect fit for our scheme. Roman is the best designer of the running game in the NFL. He's a better fit for Roman than Le'veon Bell.
Roman could make Darren sproles a lead back. He’s that smart, which is all the more reason we don’t need to pay a guy like Ingram $8 million a goddamn season. It’d be a terrible decision and money would be better spent elsewhere

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
If we were going to spend 8M/season, why would we prefer Ingram who has a gazillion miles over Tevon, who also likely comes cheaper and is much younger and more dynamic?

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
If we were going to spend 8M/season, why would we prefer Ingram who has a gazillion miles over Tevon, who also likely comes cheaper and is much younger and more dynamic?
Ingram is better.

I’d hate him for that price but I think I’d literally drink myself into a hospital if we signed Coleman to that deal. Coleman isn’t a good runner of the football and is better suited to be a backup