• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
dude it's literally like you didnt even read what he wrote

Really. In your opinion what did I miss? I completely agree with him that slavery should be remembered but I completely disagree about the Jewish holocaust being more strongly remembered. That was on different soil and NOT a part of our history. How the fuck are we ever supposed to move on which is my words if the black man is not willing to which is what I get out of these posts.

Btw @Militant X 1 I highly respect your posts. I just don't agree especially when you say most white men.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Really. In your opinion what did I miss? I completely agree with him that slavery should be remembered but I completely disagree about the Jewish holocaust being more strongly remembered. That was on different soil and NOT a part of our history. How the fuck are we ever supposed to move on which is my words if the black man is not willing to which is what I get out of these posts.

its not for you to decide when minorities "move on" from centuries of systemic oppression which still exists at least latently and oftentimes more overtly

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
literally nothing about this is like a witchhunt...
Christine Blasey-Ford is the most accountable, believable witnesses

and on the other hand not only did Kavanaugh react like a guilty man would and behave in a manner unbecoming of a judge as well as showing blatant partisanship (which is supposed to not exist on the supreme court)

here are both parts of the hearing

DoMwXEaX0AIdicS.jpg:large

on top of that it has already been shown that Kavanaugh lied while under oath in that hearing
I think the worst part, as you highlighted, is Kavanaugh's demeanor and attitude in his replies. He was nasty, yelling, sarcastic, and reminiscent of a petulant child.

"Have you ever drank beer to the point of passing out?" "I don't know, have you? *sits back in chair like he just aced them*"

Like, are you being serious right now? This is how you act before the Senate when you're being nominated for the highest law position in the nation?

Also, "Justice is Blind" flew out the window with him. He fully embraced that he would oppose anything the Democrats supported and is fully onboard with a partisan attitude on the bench.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think the worst part, as you highlighted, is Kavanaugh's demeanor and attitude in his replies. He was nasty, yelling, sarcastic, and reminiscent of a petulant child.

"Have you ever drank beer to the point of passing out?" "I don't know, have you? *sits back in chair like he just aced them*"

Like, are you being serious right now? This is how you act before the Senate when you're being nominated for the highest law position in the nation?

Also, "Justice is Blind" flew out the window with him. He fully embraced that he would oppose anything the Democrats supported and is fully onboard with a partisan attitude on the bench.

there's also the fact that a key witness (judge) was not asked to come to the hearings - nor were the allegations of the other 2 women who came forward treated with sincerity or even examined despite their credibility...

it's also interesting specifically what kavanaugh lied about:

His lies under oath were not little lies. He specifically lied about "Devil's Triangle" because it was about sex. He specifically lied about "ralphing" because it was about inebriation. He is accused of drunken sexual assault...

and interestingly he completely unnecessarily lied about something that he was caught out on instantly but no one called him on - he was asked point blank whether he watched Christine Blasey-Ford's interview and he said he hadn't yet - but he had - it just goes to show what state of mind he was in during the hearing - he was ready to lie and was far down the rabbit hole

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
According to Blasley-Ford, she came forward when Kavanaugh was simply just a name in consideration, but that didn't stop anything.

And if it's truly just a witch hunt, let the investigation run its course. Why is Kavanaugh so furiously against an investigation and a polygraph test?

He is not furiously againsy the investigation or the polygraph test. Did you not watch the hearings. He said whatever the board wants
literally nothing about this is like a witchhunt...
Christine Blasey-Ford is the most accountable, believable witnesses

and on the other hand not only did Kavanaugh react like a guilty man would and behave in a manner unbecoming of a judge as well as showing blatant partisanship (which is supposed to not exist on the supreme court)

here are both parts of the hearing

DoMwXEaX0AIdicS.jpg:large

on top of that it has already been shown that Kavanaugh lied while under oath in that hearing

I'll bite. What did he lie about?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
also what's crazy is that the whitehouse is intentionally restricting and limiting the scope of the FBI investigation and only allowing them to investigate approved set of witnesses which seems to me like a significant conflict of interest

apparently the allegations of one of the women Julie Swetnick are not to be investigated at all based on the white house "approved" list which is utterly disgusting

given that these women have all made these claims and could face consequences should they be found to be lying then it makes no sense not to investigate those claims

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
He is not furiously againsy the investigation or the polygraph test. Did you not watch the hearings. He said whatever the board wants
I didn't watch them because I was at work, but I was reading updates and he was initially for it, then against it, then both he and Trump said they'd do whatever the floor wanted, which they will have to do to actually get a majority vote.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
there's also the fact that a key witness (judge) was not asked to come to the hearings - nor were the allegations of the other 2 women who came forward treated with sincerity or even examined despite their credibility...

His lies under oath were not little lies. He specifically lied about "Devil's Triangle" because it was about sex. He specifically lied about "ralphing" because it was about inebriation. He is accused of drunken sexual assault...

and interestingly he completely unnecessarily lied about something that he was caught out on instantly but no one called him on - he was asked point blank whether he watched Christine Blasey-Ford's interview and he said he hadn't yet - but he had - it just goes to show what state of mind he was in during the hearing - he was ready to lie and was far down the rabbit hole
He also, according to former classmates, flat out lied about the drinking habits in school.

I've only read snippets, but I first heard he didn't drink at all because he was too busy doing things like going to church, then he drank, but never blacked out, and then friends are like, "Dude was a heavy AF drinker."

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He also, according to former classmates, flat out lied about the drinking habits in school.

I've only read snippets, but I first heard he didn't drink at all because he was too busy doing things like going to church, then he drank, but never blacked out, and then friends are like, "Dude was a heavy AF drinker."

also the fact that he insinuated they never drank on weekdays but his best mate was notorious and has written that he used to go into work hungover, and july 1st or whatever day it was that he had his gathering was on a thursday and it specifically mentioned 'skis' which is quite clearly beers - so not only was his insinuation plainly false it's also specifically clearly false on the night that the incident most likely occurred where at least 2 of the named acquaintances at the gathering were also in attendance...

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

So how long do you believe devils triangle has been used as a sex term lol. Ever listen to Cheech and Chong. His name is Ralphhh. You just assuming he's lying cuz that's what you want to believe.

Lets see the accuser cant remember the house where she was at. Cant remember why she was there. All the witnesses back Kavanaugh counting her girlfriend. Absolutely no proof. Also she couldn't remember the day her lie detector test was taken or whether it was even taped. Her lawyers had to jump in several times. Problem is guys they could have investigated this under confidentiality with gobs of time but Feinstein held on to the letter. Remember this playing card was already used. Unprovable allegations from decades ago.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I'm all for an FBI investigation but let's all cut the shit with the polygraph stuff. It's not admissible in court for a reason. It's ridiculously easy to fool a polygraph test and you can be coached on it. Hell, Kavanaugh is a judge, he knows that better than anyone.

I'm all for a fair trial and an investigation to see if there's any corroborating, non-circumstantial evidence. If there is none, then the senate will confirm him guarenteed. They only need two more votes to get to 50 at this point (I think don't quote me on that), before they can bring in Pence to get the tie breaker. Anything definitive, I don't want him.

I am going to wait for a definitive verdict.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Now if I was a republican in Congress from a strategic standpoint would I confirm him? Absolutely not. The Americans public doesn’t want him and since this is as of this moment the biggest issues in the midterms, confirming him will likely alienate some of their constituents and/or inspire more to vote against an incumbent. confirming him likely ensures that Democrats have control of the senate, in which case nothing happens. Not confirming him, if the republicans do keep majority in the senate trump will just find someone who is ideologically similar and appoint him instead.

It’s likely a win win scenario for trump if the senate stays red even if Kavanaugh isn’t confirmed. Just saying

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Also to pile onto this the hearings got delayed cuz she supposedly had a fear of flying. Well that totallygot wiped out with records of her flying to Tahiti and Hawaii and then flew out to DC. At least to make it realistic DRIVE. She lied several times.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm all for an FBI investigation but let's all cut the shit with the polygraph stuff. It's not admissible in court for a reason. It's ridiculously easy to fool a polygraph test and you can be coached on it. Hell, Kavanaugh is a judge, he knows that better than anyone.

I'm all for a fair trial and an investigation to see if there's any corroborating, non-circumstantial evidence. If there is none, then the senate will confirm him guarenteed. They only need two more votes to get to 50 at this point (I think don't quote me on that), before they can bring in Pence to get the tie breaker. Anything definitive, I don't want him.

I am going to wait for a definitive verdict.

ironically kavanaugh is a big proponent for the use of polygraphs historically lol

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/en...stine-blasey-ford_us_5bad52cbe4b0425e3c21f60a

the other thing is that this isnt a trial its a job interview - the burden of proof shouldnt be on the accuser in the way that it is in court because there cant be any doubt about this - if there's any doubt then kavanaugh shouldnt be the nominee because that doubt brings the entire institution into disrepute

EDIT: to add a link

Last edited:

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Now if I was a republican in Congress from a strategic standpoint would I confirm him? Absolutely not. The Americans public doesn’t want him and since this is as of this moment the biggest issues in the midterms, confirming him will likely alienate some of their constituents and/or inspire more to vote against an incumbent. confirming him likely ensures that Democrats have control of the senate, in which case nothing happens. Not confirming him, if the republicans do keep majority in the senate trump will just find someone who is ideologically similar and appoint him instead.

It’s likely a win win scenario for trump if the senate stays red even if Kavanaugh isn’t confirmed. Just saying

I have to disagree with you on this cuz the Republicans need to start showing some backbone. It doesn't look good when the Democrats keep dictating the rules

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Also to pile onto this the hearings got delayed cuz she supposedly had a fear of flying. Well that totallygot wiped out with records of her flying to Tahiti and Hawaii and then flew out to DC. At least to make it realistic DRIVE. She lied several times.

i have a fear of flying - i still get on airplanes for holidays - and i 100% would if it was something as important as this

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
i have a fear of flying - i still get on airplanes for holidays - and i 100% would if it was something as important as this

Well then why use that as an excuse to delay the hearings? I personally don't enjoy it neither.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
ironically kavanaugh is a big proponent for the use of polygraphs historically lol

the other thing is that this isnt a trial its a job interview - the burden of proof shouldnt be on the accuser in the way that it is in court because there cant be any doubt about this - if there's any doubt then kavanaugh shouldnt be the nominee because that doubt brings the entire institution into disrepute
As shitty as this situation could potentially be, it won’t matter if McConell decides to call a vote. Which he likely will if Republicans lose the senate entirely before congress goes out of session. Public outcry isn’t going to change shit. Look at who’s president right now.

I have to disagree with you on this cuz the Republicans need to start showing some backbone. It doesn't look good when the Democrats keep dictating the rules
Republicans are trying to get re-elected and are playing it safe. It’s very unlikely the republicans lose the senate, but since this is the #1 issue right now they’re not going to confirm him any time soon for that reason.

I dont think he’s going to get confirmed though

Status
Not open for further replies.