1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.
    Dismiss Notice

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by usmccharles, May 22, 2017.

1. West Va is not far and real estate is real cheap if you're looking more local.

2. I recently took a position at a different brand. Once I get everything settled I intend to open up my ADP app and compare how much money I've paid in taxes. I started to make good money roughly 4 years ago when I went from a sales person to a Sales Manager. I live in South Florida and I swear to you I was paying a lot in taxes.

I intend to follow up with this. Thank you for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I would love to go there, but still too far for now.

Any kind of distant move would have to be in the future

• Friendly Friendly x 1

4. Biden is literally everything the democrats have tried to portray Trump as: racist, inarticulate, sexual predator, incompetent. Only difference is he isn't orange.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. I don't know what will happen but I think things aren't going to settle down for quite a while. It also doesn't help that Cuomo and Newsome along with other Dems have been doing everything they have been telling us not to do. The Denver Mayor went on about limiting the amount of people for Thanksgiving, and stuff but he flew out to have Thanksgiving with his family even though he told people to stay home. I visited Cali a couple years ago for my work and while it's nice to visit, I wouldn't live there lol. I don't know how people do it with the ridiculous high taxes.

As for the vaccine, if that becomes mandatory then Americans are going to strike back and refuse to take that. Biden/Harris are going to have to tread very lightly, the American people have awaken and based on Dems losing seats in the house, I'd say the mid-terms should be interesting.

Also does anyone else find it particularly strange Harris hasn't given up her Senate seat yet?

6. Yeah I don't envision things improving until maybe March at the earliest. Even though the vaccine should be widely available by February, I don't think people are going to be lining up to get it immediately and its going to be pretty difficult to get the public to comply en masse. In terms of politicians being hypocritical, its unfortunately occurring on both sides of the aisle and gaining trust from the public regarding the severity of the pandemic is being undermined because of it.

Our wages in California are normally higher than lower COL states but that doesn't come close to keeping up with the taxes and high COL here. I actually go to school in Wisconsin and it definitely seems like a nicer place to live and I'd rather start my career somewhere similar to there than in Los Angeles where I grew up.

7. Mitch McConnell look like his face is made of mashed potatoes fr

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. I think he was born after a sloth and turtle were forced to mate in captivity!

9. his face look like a nutsack and a porkchop mated.

how tf you got more neck than you got chin?

like bruh you got a morbidly obese neck under a skinny frail old mans face.

lookin like don vito lost weight everywhere but his neck

cant stand this mfs neck

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Well this is interesting. This article was from last week but apparently a small amount of people in Japan are protesting Biden's Presidential win in the US. I'm assuming this has something to do with them being fearful of Biden's connection to China and his son having his issues as well.

http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/14013938

11. If yesterday was any indication.... things are going to get worse before it gets better. What a sad day yesterday was for the United States.

If only we could stop fighting ourselves and realize that's what the elites and career politicians want us to be doing. The 2 party system is broken beyond repair. Also Pence just turned a 180 and flipped on Trump proving he's apart of the deep state and always had been. The US is SOL for the next 4 years.

12. you're really gonna "deep state" this?

you just had white supremacist domestic terrorists disrupt the peaceful transition by walking into the capitol building of your country basically unopposed by the police or security forces, ransack the premises, plant explosive devices and then leave with minimal arrests

the only "deep state" seemingly here is whatever's going on in the background with the police and white supremacist terrorist groups

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bro. I said I'd never comment on this thread again but, seriously? Pence did his job.

• Like Like x 1