• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Alright going to ask this question....... if you were running for President, what would be the things you would focus on while in office?

P.S. Requiring the NFL to give the Super Bowl to the Ravens for your 4-8 year duration is not a valid answer lol.

flynismo

Practice Squad
Alright going to ask this question....... if you were running for President, what would be the things you would focus on while in office?

P.S. Requiring the NFL to give the Super Bowl to the Ravens for your 4-8 year duration is not a valid answer lol.

I would start with the obvious.

Permanent ban making all Mondays illegal. We'll just have two Sundays instead.

After that, national and local infrastructure would be my next highest priority.

Next, and this is not a joke, I would pick up where Trump left off in the destruction of the media. He has done a great job of destroying the credibility of certain major left wing outlets. I would finish the job he started, and then turn my rage towards the right wing outlets. Fuck partisanship, fuck democrats, fuck left/right. We are all in this together.

Following that, I would quickly stomp out this gender fluid nonsense. If you're born with a dick and X-Y, you're a man, and you'll go to a men's prison, compete in athletics events for men, etc.

Last edited:

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would start with the obvious.

Permanent ban making all Mondays illegal. We'll just have two Sundays instead.

After that, national and local infrastructure would be my next highest priority.

Next, and this is not a joke, I would pick up where Trump left off in the destruction of the media. He has done a great job of destroying the credibility of certain major left wing outlets. I would finish the job he started, and then turn my rage towards the right wing outlets. Fuck partisanship, fuck democrats, fuck left/right. We are all in this together.

Following that, I would quickly stomp out this gender fluid nonsense. If you're born with a dick and X-Y, you're a man, and you'll go to a men's prison, compete in athletics events for men, etc.

Love all these. SB Monday should be a national holiday anyways and the media is garbage.

Only 2 things I would add. 1 is ending the catch and release program with the addition that you caught 1 time there is no way you can get legal residence in this country plus that means not showing up for your court date. 2nd initiate a flat tax.

flynismo

Practice Squad
Love all these. SB Monday should be a national holiday anyways and the media is garbage.

Only 2 things I would add. 1 is ending the catch and release program with the addition that you caught 1 time there is no way you can get legal residence in this country plus that means not showing up for your court date. 2nd initiate a flat tax.

I actually like the progressive tax system (within reason; none of this 70% on the "rich" crap); I hate the waste and abusers, but those tax dollars provide a lot of very important programs for society, and I think we'd lose way too much tax revenue unless that flat tax was pretty high.
Instead, lets pull our forces out of other countries and let them pay for their own defense, and use that newly freed up money on our own people.
For example, we spend an estimated $81B / yr just protecting oil supplies:
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/21/us-...to-protect-oil-supplies-report-estimates.html

How about we take that $81B, and send:
- additional $5B year to NASA
- $10B year for college / trade school grants for students who meet certain academic and low income standards
- $15B year for additional free medical assistance for low income families
- $25B allocated for the most needy public schools across the nation
- $25B year for various research -- I don't care too much which ones exactly. Find the most worthy and fund them

And use the remaining $1B perfecting sex robots

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I actually like the progressive tax system (within reason; none of this 70% on the "rich" crap); I hate the waste and abusers, but those tax dollars provide a lot of very important programs for society, and I think we'd lose way too much tax revenue unless that flat tax was pretty high.
Instead, lets pull our forces out of other countries and let them pay for their own defense, and use that newly freed up money on our own people.
For example, we spend an estimated $81B / yr just protecting oil supplies:
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/21/us-...to-protect-oil-supplies-report-estimates.html

How about we take that $81B, and send:
- additional $5B year to NASA
- $10B year for college / trade school grants for students who meet certain academic and low income standards
- $15B year for additional free medical assistance for low income families
- $25B allocated for the most needy public schools across the nation
- $25B year for various research -- I don't care too much which ones exactly. Find the most worthy and fund them

And use the remaining $1B perfecting sex robots

Its something else when we protect our interests in other countries but yet we cant even protect our own border. Trump is already getting NATO countries to pay more for their own defense and he's also pressuring the middle east to pony up too.
https://nypost.com/2019/01/27/nato-head-praises-trump-for-tough-talk-to-member-countries/

As for the ways to spread any sort of savings I do like it well except for the sex robots idea lol but I would also like to see them cut spending too. Its not only military defense but foreign aid packages too. We need to spend more here!!

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
There is no balance, that is the issue. Should abortion be illegal? No, however there needs to be a clear line drawn in the sand that once we all agree that it's X time we do not pass.

EDUCATION. I can't stress this enough. Often times the women that do this end up suffering in the long run and become depressed because of the decision they made. That for me is their cross to bare and punishment enough to me.
You should ask an adopted kid that question. A lot of women also regret having that abortion. That can be psychologically damaging too. This gets me back to you reap what you sow.

Again I'll also be clear. This should be a states decision. Federal funds don't work for me. Right now I believe you should own up and pay for your mistakes.

I knew few social workers that can confirm this. As long as there is a balance and a cut off time, abortion should be up to mother and ideally the father. Simply leaning either way is wrong in my opinion.

Balance and Education. Can't say you want the government out of things but have them pay for it as well.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
There is no balance, that is the issue. Should abortion be illegal? No, however there needs to be a clear line drawn in the sand that once we all agree that it's X time we do not pass.

EDUCATION. I can't stress this enough. Often times the women that do this end up suffering in the long run and become depressed because of the decision they made. That for me is their cross to bare and punishment enough to me.

I knew few social workers that can confirm this. As long as there is a balance and a cut off time, abortion should be up to mother and ideally the father. Simply leaning either way is wrong in my opinion.

Balance and Education. Can't say you want the government out of things but have them pay for it as well.

To me its when the baby can feel pain and what I hear that's 8-9 weeks but to me and I know I'm sounding like a parrot but it should be the states decision not the federal govt. If states want to tax their citizens for it then so be it but yes there should be a cutoff line also.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
To me its when the baby can feel pain and what I hear that's 8-9 weeks but to me and I know I'm sounding like a parrot but it should be the states decision not the federal govt. If states want to tax their citizens for it then so be it but yes there should be a cutoff line also.

This is where education and understanding the body comes in. Men needs to understand what their bodies are trying to do and control themselves. Women needs to be able to check themselves routinely just in case. The moment you decide to have sex unprotected, you need to be on top of it to avoid going passed the cutoff.

I would think that this is the best way.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
When you become the #1 producer in natural gas you have to sell your product. Maybe they can sell some to Germany who sure depends an awful lot on "commie molecules".
Yeah if McDonalds decided to rename their Big Mac to "freedom burger" or "burger of freedom" then just about everyone alive would say it is a stupid move and make fun of it.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Looked him up and the first thing I see? He plans on implementing a Universal Basic Income system in which he gives you $1,000 a month. Yeah ummmmmm fuck that.

I haven't formed an opinion yet, why are you against it?

Inqui

Pro Bowler
Yeah if McDonalds decided to rename their Big Mac to "freedom burger" or "burger of freedom" then just about everyone alive would say it is a stupid move and make fun of it.
Not to mention natural gas (like other commodities) is sold on an exchange to industrial players. No utilities company in Germany, China or the US cares about the branding of the coal or gas they use.

Status
Not open for further replies.