• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Speaking of terrorist groups, it seems that the group called Antifa should be a terrorist group based on their actions of beating up random people. And to make matters worse, the police in Portland aren't do ANYTHING to help the citizens getting attacked.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Speaking of terrorist groups, it seems that the group called Antifa should be a terrorist group based on their actions of beating up random people. And to make matters worse, the police in Portland aren't do ANYTHING to help the citizens getting attacked.

dude the name is literally ANTIFA - anti-fascist
fascist/fascist inspired violence has killed 75 people since charlottesville
antifa has killed 0 people

it is not a terrorist group - it only appears in response to nazis, neo-nazis, fascists and white supremacists trying to grandstand in their areas

it would be insane if antifa was declared a terrorist group especially given the proud boys and other white supremacist groups have not been declared as terrorists yet either

Tank

Hall of Famer
Not endorsing anything or anyone one way or the other but the antifa literally engage in “varied protest tactics including digital activism, property damage, physical violence and harassment against those whom they identify as fascist, racist or on the far right”. If those same tactics were used by any group they would be deemed as “terrorist acts” regardless of what their cause or views may be.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifa_(United_States)

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

it is not a terrorist group - it only appears in response to nazis, neo-nazis, fascists and white supremacists trying to grandstand in their areas

it would be insane if antifa was declared a terrorist group especially given the proud boys and other white supremacist groups have not been declared as terrorists yet either

it may not be a terrorist group, however they have been moving....different.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mexico arrested and will deport an American Citizen who was under investigation for supporting terrorist groups.

https://news.yahoo.com/mexico-deport-u-citizen-suspected-191519469.html

How dare Mexico separate this person from his family by deporting him! I hope he is not scarred from this life altering situation, must be scary to be separated from his family.... Mexico's authorities are doing their job and not letting this man go freely on his way lol.

Weird how there is no outrage for this from America but yet we get upset when we try to detain illegals breaking laws and telling ICE not to do their job they are supposed to do.

I get your point but this guy was supporting Jihad and not just trying to be a Mexican citizen and live.

It is similar, maybe, but not the same. Even if an undocumented citizen was here committing petty theft it still would not be anywhere near as bad as someone here supporting and expressing support to Jihad.

Anybody expressing support to a violent terrorist group will never get outrage, because it makes perfect sense. Come on lol

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not endorsing anything or anyone one way or the other but the antifa literally engage in “varied protest tactics including digital activism, property damage, physical violence and harassment against those whom they identify as fascist, racist or on the far right”. If those same tactics were used by any group they would be deemed as “terrorist acts” regardless of what their cause or views may be.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifa_(United_States)

Extremism is met with extremism.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

I dunno man. This thread of videos doesn't make them innocent (https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1162831831785336832)

Now MAYBE just MAYBE this is strictly a coincidence, but the Antifa logo looks a hella lot like a group from Communist Germany called Antifaschistische Aktion (yes, I said Communist Germany).

https://www.google.com/search?q=ant...IESgB&cshid=1566146677571657&biw=1536&bih=722

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ant...74zkAhVQqZ4KHbjvDsYQ_AUIESgB&biw=1536&bih=722

Oh and another thing, fuck the Proud Boys and other white supremacy groups too.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
I've said in the past I'm worried about what they're teaching and the educators are strongly pushing climate change and also when an article says 97% of scientists agree grains of salt tumble thru my brain.

So what part of it has you hung up? I've talked with plenty of people online about climate and can get into it at great length. Trump certainly doesn't have a 97% approval rating.

In regards to Fox because I gotta keep getting on them while you guys still want to pretend they aren't as bad as the left, I'll add this from Trump himself. Why do you think he wouldn't lose a voter?

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
In regards to Portland, I think both sides have become radicalized. People talk about mental illness every time there is a mass shooting involving someone white but I never heard about it after 9/11, or London, or Machester, or Paris, or Nice, or Pulse, or Fort Hood, and on and on. Personally I think they have all been radicalized to the point that they think what they are doing is actually good. It is dangerous and it has repeatedly lead to terrible things throughout history.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I dunno man. This thread of videos doesn't make them innocent (https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1162831831785336832)

Now MAYBE just MAYBE this is strictly a coincidence, but the Antifa logo looks a hella lot like a group from Communist Germany called Antifaschistische Aktion (yes, I said Communist Germany).

https://www.google.com/search?q=ant...IESgB&cshid=1566146677571657&biw=1536&bih=722

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ant...74zkAhVQqZ4KHbjvDsYQ_AUIESgB&biw=1536&bih=722

Oh and another thing, [profanity deleted] the Proud Boys and other white supremacy groups too.

just like to point out that those andy ngo videos have all been cut to push his particular narrative about antifa
especially the hammer one (and the resulting picture of the alleged victim...) - he completely cuts out the start and middle of the clips where the bus stops at traffic and gets surrounded by antifa - but then proud boys open the bus doors and start attacking antifa with a hammer and at one point throw it - it obviously gets thrown back at the bus - but ngo is incendiary and completely dishonest about his framing of the incident - antifa smashed some of the windows sure - but they were provoked by being attacked with a hammer

likewise the initial tweet you posted is not of a young girl - it is of a well-known proud boy provocateur (who in the video looks like he tries to break a load of glass at the end too) and his adult daughter who are both open white supremacists - again weird framing - also odd that he would portray a man literally in armour as the victim in a situation where the guy in battle armour has invaded a town with weapons and aggressive ideology

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Also, can’t wait to see how democratic the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea is!

I mean, it’s in the name!

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
yes - people with violent ideology came into their city with weapons and when they protested them they were attacked by people in vehicles with weapons...
A group in a single vehicle that they proceeded to attack and were met in kind. Provocation is only with violence not words.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
A group in a single vehicle that they proceeded to attack and were met in kind. Provocation is only with violence not words.

they're fucking fascists and white supremacists - their ideology is literally violent let alone the fact that they brought weapons to portland (and do every time) and they have been open about creating these events to instigate fights as well - their very existence in portland is a provocation to the people who live there

JO_75

Hall of Famer
These video clips are a year old but the show 'What Would You Do?' with John Quinones did an episode looking at both sides of the political spectrum. Of course these were based off real life situations that occurred especially where if you wear anything supporting Trump, you'll be attacked. The show hired some actors and played this out in real time seeing what the people around them who don't know it's a TV show filming would do.

Manager Refuses service to Customer wearing MAGA Hat:

Manager asks man to cover up "Impeach 45" Shirt:

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Seriously fuck the Fascists and the people who support them by not talking against them. The literal meaning of Antifa is anti fascist! Are we all not anti fascists seriously? Or if we aren't then we need to come out and say so. Bottom line is the white supremacists and anti fascists aren't the same. When a town is hijacked with supremacist propaganda and violence, they must face resistance or a few rotten ones will take over our towns and cities. What other choice do the people have other than to stand up to these disgusting fascist ideologues whose only requirement is to be white to feel superior? Sorry but it just isn't right to say both sides are to blame. There is only one fascist side and they're always to blame in America.

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
source.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.