• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
sweden is not a success...

You miss the point. Also, if you're looking at '' death trackers'' please know they are horrendously inaccurate(for multitude of reasons). What sweden has done is get the disease into the later stages of herd immunity while the lockdown countries prefer a more drawn out process(which won't change the END RESULT but merely delay it while causing suffering outside of the virus itself and deaths too). You're looking at numbers, I am looking at perspective numbers based on science.

Speaking to people from sweden also tells me they have made the right call. The people are very happy with what has been done.

Context, Rossi, Context.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
You miss the point. Also, if you're looking at '' death trackers'' please know they are horrendously inaccurate. What sweden has done is get the disease into the later stages of herd immunity while the lockdown countries prefer a more drawn out process. You're looking at numbers, I am looking at perspective numbers based on science.

Context, Rossi, Context.

except there's no herd immunity if you arent immune after contracting the virus...

so what stats would you suggest we use if not death rate - it's the only reliable piece of statistics we have to create comparisons across different countries because efficacy and efficiency of testing is so variable from place to place

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Rossi, for the love of common sense. I never said herd immunity makes anyone totally IMMUNE, it just makes the disease less difficult to deal with as the body and the human genome creates a blueprint for attacking something new and the cytokine flush is not as erratic.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
also, no human being is totally immune to ANY form of flu or coronavirus and I've already told you how counter-productive a vaccine is on so many layers.

I know this might sound crazy to you rossi, but the best form of protection is understanding your body and building an immune system.

It start with lowering cortisol levels, which lockdowns increase

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Your lack of belief in the potential of the human body as an organism is quite startling. It's a masterpiece of the natural world if you know how to harness its full prowess.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
So instead of peaking and fading, the cycles in Sweden are steadily growing again., which is normal. This is precisely what Sweden signed up for... they deliberately arranged for this situation. Each cycle is roughly another 500 lives but this is calculating that small spurts of deaths for a longer time now while they steadily build herd immunity is better than big waves later.

So rather than prolong what is AT hand, sweden are dealing with it as it comes and letting a natural lifecycle of herd immunity take place.
In the meantime can we remove mcdonalds and all fast food joints along with soda corporations and lower diabetes/heart disease deaths which are the main cause of deaths around the world?

oh that wouldn't fit the corporate narrative though. Bill gates has shares in Coca Cola and Mosanto so tough luck if you cant afford the healthy food.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
If you want to see what a flu/coronavirus vaccine is going to achieve, see attached

Attachments

• 95816111_10222812455242561_8855902928590864384_o.jpg
    95816111_10222812455242561_8855902928590864384_o.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 117

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
You miss the point. Also, if you're looking at '' death trackers'' please know they are horrendously inaccurate(for multitude of reasons). What sweden has done is get the disease into the later stages of herd immunity while the lockdown countries prefer a more drawn out process(which won't change the END RESULT but merely delay it while causing suffering outside of the virus itself and deaths too). You're looking at numbers, I am looking at perspective numbers based on science.

Speaking to people from sweden also tells me they have made the right call. The people are very happy with what has been done.

Context, Rossi, Context.
Sami I'm sorry but you can't say country x did better than country y. We're looking at interim results. You can't leave long-term effects (e.g. lung damage or economic damage) out of consideration. Sweden is definitely not a success if you want to judge now.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
This started yesterday in New Zealand, the first day of Level 2:

You cannot go into a STORE, Post Shop, mall, unless you scan in the QR code posted outside with the contact tracing app, your phone camera, or sign a register (where your name. address and phone details are visible to everybody), and in some cases (people are telling me), have your photo taken.

The retailers were told that they are NOT ALLOWED TO SELL TO YOU if you don't comply.

No app scan, no entry, no purchase [no food].

Not all stores have complied yet.

Bunnings is forcing you to do it, but Mitre-10 has not started yet. [This has been verified first-hand.] But I am sure they will have no choice.

Even my local liquor store has it.

By the way, this is NOT the $65Million Contact Tracing app that the government has made, this is an existing web-based contact app from EvaCheckin.

There is something oddly Biblical about this...hmmm.

New Zealand has "flattened the curve" and lost its Democracy. Michael Sims

Evil. No democracy, just a corporate oligarchy. ( which is what ''democracy'' has always been operating as, which is why it's a farce).

and you want to talk about fascism...

in britain

This is a lie.
Nobody is forcing you to download or use that app.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sami I'm sorry but you can't say country x did better than country y. We're looking at interim results. You can't leave long-term effects (e.g. lung damage or economic damage) out of consideration. Sweden is definitely not a success if you want to judge now.

I didn't.

And the economic damage? I can assure you local businesses in sweden are doing better than in the UK

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
How about Norway, with the early lockdown? 9000 sick, 235 deaths.

so what's going to happen when the lockdown ends?
or you implying that they should be lockdown forever?
How many people are DYING for OTHER REASONS due to the lockdown?

you didnt read my post properly, did you?

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
You said "...compare it to Europe"

Yes, sweden is doing better than europe because

1: it's death rates are hardly any different and better per 1 million than most of the major countries
2: they are living normal lives and businesses are not being destroyed.
3: They are further along in the herd immunity process

how is the UK doing better?
hint: it aint

Status
Not open for further replies.