• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
fucks sake

You should do a podcast and invite larken as a guest. Do something for a cause. Stop pushing lunatics on this board.

He's been around for a while. He's helped bring awareness to the anarchy movement. his book '' The most dangerous supersition'' is the best i've ever read regarding corruption and the illusion of the validity of government.

I've been doing my part through integral medicine and informing people of the lies that have become '' truths'' in the majority of people who don't see how deep the corruption lies.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
More details emerge about what happened prior to the cops murdering George Floyd. This started when he was at a convenience store buying cigarettes. The clerk noticed it was a fake bill and demanded he give the cigarettes back, the police were called and then everything else we know happened.

Disgusting, arrest him for using a fake bill and what not, punish him to whatever the extent of the law says they can and be done with it. He didn't deserve to lose his life over this.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/george-floyd-worked-officer-charged-142840632.html

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
IMHO, it is way more than that. Murder and evil are out of control everywhere and especially in many major cities. If you got rid of police officers, they would be no man's land. Police Departments in these cities have lowered the standards for hiring and you are always going to have incidents of police brutality. There is corruption in every profession. Incidents like happened with Mr. Floyd are always going to happen at times, it is an imperfect world. You could make an example of officers, like the ones in the video, but no one would sign up for the job or take the job and never get out of the car which would be like having no policing. It is an imperfect world. I have not heard one good idea on how to permanently fix the problem, because it does not exist. It has gotten to the point where people are purposely attempting to provoke police officers in hopes of getting a payday. The more hate that is drummed up in communities by high profile individuals for political purposes many times gets innocent men and women on the force killed. There is no permanent fix.

Appreciate what you do cobrajet. You have a thankless job. Some just dont care whether cops get buckets of water thrown on them or get brutally attacked or assassinated. Its a one way street. Police brutality only. Over 800.000 police officers in the US. However many incidents a day and times that by a whole year which puts you far into the millions and you get a George Floyd incident and that overrides everything and its labeled as the whole force is "systemically racist". This guy could have been a dirty cop and Floyd may have knew something. Or he's a jerk with a bad temper. Or he could be a racist. Its just nobody has time for proper investigation for all the details to come out.

Couple questions if you dont mind. Do they teach that manuver at all in academy class? Also shouldn't there be no physical force if the person is under restraint? Regardless they got Murder 3 right now but I sure hope it gets raised to Murder 2. I know the charges could be upped after furter investigation and I wish this jackass didnt make it harder for guys like yourself who have to work hard to get ties and acceptance in communities.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Rioters have made their way to Atlanta where they vandalized CNN Headquarters and destroyed the College Football Hall of Fame.

The rioters don't care about George Floyd, they just want to look for any reason to destroy property knowing they can get away with it. Sad.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...-college-football-hall-of-fame-in-atlanta.amp
Floyd was just a tipping point. This frustration and anger has been building in the nation with overt and brazen instances of racism getting more and more frequent. This looting sadly is taking away from what has been a critical time to protest the white nationalism that is slowly but surely spreading not in size/numbers (I think the supremacists have just been given an open carry license for overt racism and guns) but in scope definitely. This is just a reaction to all of that building up. This isn't a great time in America with so much open hostility, hatred and division within communities.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Floyd was just a tipping point. This frustration and anger has been building in the nation with overt and brazen instances of racism getting more and more frequent. This looting sadly is taking away from what has been a critical time to protest the white nationalism that is slowly but surely spreading not in size/numbers (I think the supremacists have just been given an open carry license for overt racism and guns) but in scope definitely. This is just a reaction to all of that building up. This isn't a great time in America with so much open hostility, hatred and division within communities.

also a lot of reports now that the criminal damage (and arrests for looting) are seemingly being instigated by gangs of random white people who seem to be from out of town...

lots of undercover police in the crowds too

lots of black leadership trying to deescalate

the whole looting element seems to have been coopted after the first night of righteous anger and been used as an excuse by others to smash stuff

lots of black and minority-owned local business being hit and damaged which doesnt fit the idea that these are BLM looters

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
also a lot of reports now that the criminal damage (and arrests for looting) are seemingly being instigated by gangs of random white people who seem to be from out of town...

lots of undercover police in the crowds too

lots of black leadership trying to deescalate

the whole looting element seems to have been coopted after the first night of righteous anger and been used as an excuse by others to smash stuff

lots of black and minority-owned local business being hit and damaged which doesnt fit the idea that these are BLM looters
I agree. I've hearing a lot of these white nationalist gangs. Did you see that video where that masked white dude broke windows at a store trying to add to the chaos? This is going to get a lot worse before it gets better and we're only seeing a preview to November 2020 when there will be open call to white supremacists/nationalists to overturn an overwhelming result in favor of Biden. With over 100K dead Americans due to COVID-19, this on top of that is simply tearing away at the fabric of this amazing country. We're slowly descending into lawlessness and chaos. I know of a lot of anti gun people buying all kinds of guns to protect themselves just in case. Hopefully we find a cure to COVID and a respite from these racist fucks.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Appreciate what you do cobrajet. You have a thankless job. Some just dont care whether cops get buckets of water thrown on them or get brutally attacked or assassinated. Its a one way street. Police brutality only. Over 800.000 police officers in the US. However many incidents a day and times that by a whole year which puts you far into the millions and you get a George Floyd incident and that overrides everything and its labeled as the whole force is "systemically racist". This guy could have been a dirty cop and Floyd may have knew something. Or he's a jerk with a bad temper. Or he could be a racist. Its just nobody has time for proper investigation for all the details to come out.

Couple questions if you dont mind. Do they teach that manuver at all in academy class? Also shouldn't there be no physical force if the person is under restraint? Regardless they got Murder 3 right now but I sure hope it gets raised to Murder 2. I know the charges could be upped after furter investigation and I wish this jackass didnt make it harder for guys like yourself who have to work hard to get ties and acceptance in communities.
Once the resistance stops or is neutralized, the force stops. The knee on the neck is absolutely not taught in the academy and I don't know of how you could justify it after a few seconds at most to reposition. You are supposed to roll an arrestee's on his side, if they are not being combative so they can breath better. If they are being combative then we call a 10-15 which is code calling for the wagon to step on it lights and siren and get there ASAP (as the leg irons are in the wagon). If the arrestee is still combative in handcuffs, technically you could use pepper spray because like a taser you can use them for non compliance. I can think of maybe a few rare circumstances where you justify using escalated force to someone in restraints. Off the top of my head, let's say someone in handcuffs gets a hold of a body part with their mouth and is trying to bite it clean off or suppose you are by yourself with a handcuffed arrestee and let's say you get attacked by another family member and have to let your arrestee go and they grab a handgun from under a chair cushion. It is rare but could be justified. One thing I learned, you can never say never.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I agree. I've hearing a lot of these white nationalist gangs. Did you see that video where that masked white dude broke windows at a store trying to add to the chaos? This is going to get a lot worse before it gets better and we're only seeing a preview to November 2020 when there will be open call to white supremacists/nationalists to overturn an overwhelming result in favor of Biden. With over 100K dead Americans due to COVID-19, this on top of that is simply tearing away at the fabric of this amazing country. We're slowly descending into lawlessness and chaos. I know of a lot of anti gun people buying all kinds of guns to protect themselves just in case. Hopefully we find a cure to COVID and a respite from these racist fucks.

lots of white supremacists looking to stir up even more racial tensions - so far they're mostly getting arrested but it's creating an image of BLM etc as violent

lots of reports of undercover police pretending to be protestors - luckily the protests are calling out their daily identifiers (normally undercover cops at large protests have a particular colour armband - or other identifying piece - so that they can identify each other) - but most protests are calling out what today's colour is each day

unfortunately even if biden wins this wont end

as cornel west put it - the formation of BLM and other associated movements came to be despite a black man being in the white house (and other black men leading in other major organisations)

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Just getting a report that three officers are down in Philadelphia with burns to the eyes after protestors stormed a Municipal Building and sprayed the officers with an unknown chemical.

Last edited:

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Fuck white supremacists and the KKK, they can rot in hell but don't forget MS13 the Bloods the Crips etc. It is pretty fucked up time for all races in the inner cities of America and beyond. Evil is everywhere and I devoted my life to trying to do my part to fight it. Children are getting caught in the crossfire every day. It pisses me off!

Status
Not open for further replies.