• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I’m a Kanye Stan and he’s just trolling lol. People are taking it way too seriously. Plus, wasn’t the deadline July 1st?

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

The Boogaloo and BLM. When you go far right and far left you eventually connect.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m a Kanye Stan and he’s just trolling lol. People are taking it way too seriously. Plus, wasn’t the deadline July 1st?

I don't know if anybody took Trump seriously at first. Kanye is a great businessman who built himself out of nothing and I'd vote for him over Sleepy Joe anyday.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I don't know if anybody took Trump seriously at first. Kanye is a great businessman who built himself out of nothing and I'd vote for him over Sleepy Joe anyday.
I knew I always liked you as a poster on here. You da man

JAAM

Hall of Famer
He's about to release new album or something
Lol could be, though I hope he just ends his career building upon his fashion line and producing music. It’s weird listening to a Kanye song with no curse words

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Marcellus Wiley destroys BLM, Emmanuel Acho also brings up some very good points about the message being diverted.

Being a Lakers fan I still can’t stand LeBron. Hypocrite that speaks out of his ass about oppression. Stick to basketball chump. You’re in no position to be on a soap box

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Marcellus Wiley destroys BLM, Emmanuel Acho also brings up some very good points about the message being diverted.

didnt really destroy BLM at all - he took issue with one small paragraph of their what-we-believe page on the website which talks about allowing for non-traditional family structures to thrive - and then he used existing statistics to say why he thought the nuclear family was still important and ignoring the fact that BLM is fighting for structural change to allow black children to grow up successfully both within and without a nuclear family structure (i.e. 2 parents) - those stats are based on the system that currently exists where welfare benefits are not enough, there's no government-provided childcare or healthcare options that would allow for single parents or non-traditional families to raise their children without nuclear support structures

he didnt destroy BLM, he nitpicked one tiny element of their mission statement without actually reading the context for it

also important to note he takes issue with them talking about dismantling the patriarchal elements of society which comes from a completely different section of the mission statement - the patriarchy is a system of oppression against women built by men (almost all societies in existence are male-dominated systems that were built by and for men - that's what this is referring to) - wiley is suggesting that BLM is saying fathers shouldnt need to be part of a family when all they're saying with regards to patriarchy is that mothers should be free not to do "double-shift" (i.e. work a job and work as the primary care-giver)

i do agree though that token gestures are only meaningful up to a point - there's no point painting a street or a court with a massive BLM sign if its a token so that you can ignore the systemic change that's being demanded

i think its important to understand that BLM never actually demanded all those big signs or the street names being changed or all those old tv episodes to be pulled off air etc. that's corporate entities (and local government entities) making their own business decisions to appease the movement (or pre-empt the movement) - that's not what BLM has asked for

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Let's hope nothing suspicious happens to her before she reveals names. Trump needs to get her some protection quick, she probably knows the truth about Epstein's death and how he actually died.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
There will be no Kanye disrespect in this thread

JO_75

Hall of Famer

One of the actual good things I can say Trump has done, pulling out of WHO after they lied and covered for China about COVID-19 was a great move.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I knew I always liked you as a poster on here. You da man

No you da man lol. I like you as a poster too........................just not as my GM

Some good things that should be on NBA jerseys
1- Save the Oighur
2- Stop child slave labor
Whats the chances of that huh??

Being a Lakers fan I still can’t stand LeBron. Hypocrite that speaks out of his ass about oppression. Stick to basketball chump. You’re in no position to be on a soap box

Just look at some of the nice cars and who's inside. President, cabinet roles, generals, mayors, police chiefs, lead DA's, CEO's. It's there to grab. On oppresion look at local govt who make the laws and spend the money that is distributed to them thru state and local taxes.

There will be no Kanye disrespect in this thread

Oh hell no!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.