• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
“low income housing” isn’t nearly as charitable and good willed as it sounds here in the US, low income housing is government subsidized housing and it discourages growth and progress for families because if you reach a threshold of income you lose all of your benefits which means you lose your housing and food, do you know what kind of culture this breeds? A culture where the best money is untaxed money so that your benefits can’t get taken from you, a culture where the parents have the benefits in their names and the teenagers are making the spending money that the government can’t know about, if you catch my drift. Again, I’ve been part of it, I’ve spent weekends in these households, I’ve gotten into trouble with these kids, I’ve partaken in all of it, I know of it first hand. Low income housing in the US sounds like a wonderful charitable cause to someone like you who is not from here, but take it from someone who has seen it up close and personal, it’s a sinister game of entrapment by the government and it has had the exact results that the government has hoped for.

I work in the medical field and we have this same problem. Above a certain income threshold you no longer qualify for medicaid (Free or low-cost government healthcare for the poor) and have to pay for your own health insurance on the ACA exchange or through your employer. Having to do this can cost people thousands of dollars a year minimum. I've talked to people living in impoverished communities who stated that they had to turn down promotions or raises at their jobs because it would put them above this threshold and they would end up losing money in the process. The way the system hands out benefits to the poor is so mismanaged and needs to be looked at.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I work in the medical field and we have this same problem. Above a certain income threshold you no longer qualify for medicaid (Free or low-cost government healthcare for the poor) and have to pay for your own health insurance on the ACA exchange or through your employer. Having to do this can cost people thousands of dollars a year minimum. I've talked to people living in impoverished communities who stated that they had to turn down promotions or raises at their jobs because it would put them above this threshold and they would end up losing money in the process. The way the system hands out benefits to the poor is so mismanaged and needs to be looked at.

it's almost like free government single-payer organised healthcare might actually be a great idea for numerous reasons...

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Have you seen the endgame of section 8 housing in areas with decent property value? Ten years and people will be upside down on their mortgages. Fuck everybody who’s against this. I sacrificed a lot and bought a shithole house that needed thousands in money and hundreds of hours in renovations and am doing all the work myself so I can afford it, mortgage, PMI and hoa combined account for over 1/3rd of our combined income, so that my son could go to a decent school district, and the year I buy my house the HOA begins allowing section 8 housing in the condo portion of the neighborhood, and since then there has been a shooting, multiple robbings, and an armed fleeing suspect who actually KNOCKED ON MY DOOR and tossed the gun in my bush and got arrested in my front yard, every single case was a brand new resident in the condo area of our neighborhood.

when we moved in, chesterfield made #2 on the most coveted neighborhoods in Pasadena, that was less than 2 years ago, but the neighborhood now has a reputation of being on the decline due to these exact circumstances.

I’ve seen this happen in Elkridge already, when my parents rented a house there back in 07 they signed the lease for $1700, by the time they moved out the lease was $1600, and the next tenant was renting for $1400, why? this particular section of Elkridge had slowly Developed a reputation of being crime infested, and that came from the section 8 kids in the condo portion of the neighborhood, I know from personal expierence because that was my group of friends growing up, I was part of it.

my point is, the property value goes down sharply once the reputation is firmly in place, and the reputations are typically well earned. With section 8 comes rising crime rate, sad story but a true one, and I’m now gonna see my property value drop sharply for a house I can barely afford.

you can’t be a charitable soul at the expense of hard working middle class families. A 5% drop in property value 5 years from now would essentially ruin my life and I’d be stuck in a house that my family has outgrown already. If you can’t relate or if this problem doesn’t affect you then I’m sorry your opinion has fuckall value to those that it does.

“low income housing” isn’t nearly as charitable and good willed as it sounds here in the US, low income housing is government subsidized housing and it discourages growth and progress for families because if you reach a threshold of income you lose all of your benefits which means you lose your housing and food, do you know what kind of culture this breeds? A culture where the best money is untaxed money so that your benefits can’t get taken from you, a culture where the parents have the benefits in their names and the teenagers are making the spending money that the government can’t know about, if you catch my drift. Again, I’ve been part of it, I’ve spent weekends in these households, I’ve gotten into trouble with these kids, I’ve partaken in all of it, I know of it first hand. Low income housing in the US sounds like a wonderful charitable cause to someone like you who is not from here, but take it from someone who has seen it up close and personal, it’s a sinister game of entrapment by the government and it has had the exact results that the government has hoped for.

Truth especially about the school systems and property values.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
it's almost like free government single-payer organised healthcare might actually be a great idea for numerous reasons...
It's not free because someone has to pay for it, obviously, but I agree that in a socially heterogeneous country such as the US a single payer system would drastically reduce the bureaucratic bloat that currently plagues our system. We have separate office staff for medicaid, VA, Indian health service, each private insurer, etc., and every hand your claim touches only increases the overall cost paid by the consumer.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It's not free because someone has to pay for it, obviously, but I agree that in a socially heterogeneous country such as the US a single payer system would drastically reduce the bureaucratic bloat that currently plagues our system. We have separate office staff for medicaid, VA, Indian health service, each private insurer, etc., and every hand your claim touches only increases the overall cost paid by the consumer.

it places the highest burden of the service on those who can afford to shoulder the burden - it's a system that doesn't disadvantage you if you have unfortunate circumstances, a poor upbringing, poor health, disabilities or all kinds of factors

it also prevents private entities from acting like vultures because the health system itself is able to negotiate better prices

i dont know why healthcare isnt thought of politically in the same vein as other types of infrastructure projects

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Representative Jim Jordan DESTROYED Dr. Fauci when asked if protests help spread the virus. Dude couldn't give a straight answer and was trying to go around the double standard of protests being allowed and ok but churches and businesses being closed.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Representative Jim Jordan DESTROYED Dr. Fauci when asked if protests help spread the virus. Dude couldn't give a straight answer and was trying to go around the double standard of protests being allowed and ok but churches and businesses being closed.

For some reason here are the two resumes of Dr. Fauci and Jim Jordan. One, Dr. Fauci ranked first in class coming out of Cornell Medical School, is a world renowned scientist and respected across the world by very smart, knowledgeable and intelligent doctors and scientists. The other is a HS assistant wrestling coach that didn't think to report on the sexual abuse of kids. I'll just stick with trusting the former. Being bombastic and loud in a hearing doesn't make it destroying Dr. Fauci. I saw what you were referring to, and the bottom line is 95+% of all protestors wore masks. Not so much these mega church attending people that trust God's presence to not infect them. One is indoors without masks and in close proximity - Church goers and the other is outdoors, mostly with masks. So you can think the wrestler won that debate by being loud and overbearing, but he did not. Just my 2 cents @JO_75.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
For some reason here are the two resumes of Dr. Fauci and Jim Jordan. One, Dr. Fauci ranked first in class coming out of Cornell Medical School, is a world renowned scientist and respected across the world by very smart, knowledgeable and intelligent doctors and scientists. The other is a HS assistant wrestling coach that didn't think to report on the sexual abuse of kids. I'll just stick with trusting the former. Being bombastic and loud in a hearing doesn't make it destroying Dr. Fauci. I saw what you were referring to, and the bottom line is 95+% of all protestors wore masks. Not so much these mega church attending people that trust God's presence to not infect them. One is indoors without masks and in close proximity - Church goers and the other is outdoors, mostly with masks. So you can think the wrestler won that debate by being loud and overbearing, but he did not. Just my 2 cents @JO_75.

Fauci and his predecessor, Robert Gallo, are assholes. Just because someone was ranked first in anything doesn't mean they can't/won't deceive you or lie to suit their narratives. Quite the opposite.
Bill Gates is a monster and those two collaborate.

Fauci is a liar. End of story.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

jim jordan is one of the most obnoxious and odious people in any position of power anywhere - he frequently dismisses due process, he's often unreasonable, asks ridiculous questions, grand-stands, interrupts and shouts over people

the only 2 things jim jordan has ever destroyed are his own reputation and my eardrums

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
All this BLM crap for you all. Here is the reality of what it is

It's just the cultural Marxist ploy of using race warfare to divide people. Classical Marxism uses economic class warfare to divide people, while Cultural Marxism uses identity politics--race and gender--to stoke the fires of discord.

No one with real intelligence is buying the BLM-type claims of the left. There is no institutional racism against blacks in America, and police are not looking to kill blacks. These people who are crying about racism can't point to concrete, specific examples, because they can't find any.

Attachments

• 115824789_10222705119793839_4999702129905731733_n.jpg
    115824789_10222705119793839_4999702129905731733_n.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 221

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
btw I'm done with the NFL and NBA.
For good.
Values have changed.
There are too many morons on here for me. Don't get me wrong, there are a few here who see through this BS but the ones that don't are leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

I will not be watching china supporting hypocrite billionaire in the NBA (who support slavery) or overly privileged morons running around like loons with a football with my dollar at hand.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
All this BLM crap for you all. Here is the reality of what it is

It's just the cultural Marxist ploy of using race warfare to divide people. Classical Marxism uses economic class warfare to divide people, while Cultural Marxism uses identity politics--race and gender--to stoke the fires of discord.

No one with real intelligence is buying the BLM-type claims of the left. There is no institutional racism against blacks in America, and police are not looking to kill blacks. These people who are crying about racism can't point to concrete, specific examples, because they can't find any.

haha cultural marxism - so you believe in anti-semitic conspiracy theories then too
cultural marxism is a term used by the alt-right to attempt to delegitimise social movements on the left that have anti-capitalist intentions - it's linked with the idea of jewish peoples as a 5th column

cultural marxism is a phantom enemy created to unite the right-wing elements behind a social conservative agenda

and if you have given up on the NFL and NBA then you might as well leave this NFL-centred forum

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
haha cultural marxism - so you believe in anti-semitic conspiracy theories then too
cultural marxism is a term used by the alt-right to attempt to delegitimise social movements on the left that have anti-capitalist intentions - it's linked with the idea of jewish peoples as a 5th column

cultural marxism is a phantom enemy created to unite the right-wing elements behind a social conservative agenda

and if you have given up on the NFL and NBA then you might as well leave this NFL-centred forum

That's what you'd like to think but the truth/facts state otherwise

Here ya go

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Fauci and his predecessor, Robert Gallo, are assholes. Just because someone was ranked first in anything doesn't mean they can't/won't deceive you or lie to suit their narratives. Quite the opposite.
Bill Gates is a monster and those two collaborate.

Fauci is a liar. End of story.
Ha ha! Where were you @Sami84? We missed you and your out of this world belief system....

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
btw I'm done with the NFL and NBA.
For good.
Values have changed.
There are too many morons on here for me. Don't get me wrong, there are a few here who see through this BS but the ones that don't are leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

I will not be watching china supporting hypocrite billionaire in the NBA (who support slavery) or overly privileged morons running around like loons with a football with my dollar at hand.
Man @Sami84 take a deep breath and practice some yoga and relaxation techniques dude. You are much too angry for a young man that has an inflexible and a vastly unique belief system that the vast majority of critical thinkers laugh and scoff at. I don't judge people based on their belief systems however misunderstood or uninformed and/or misinformed such views may be or how outside the standard deviation of intelligent thought that falls in. Probably outside the graph itself. Conspiracy theorists abound in the US led by our own President, so it is fine for you to have your own views but to throw shade (calling them morons, etc.) on people with good education and life experiences who think conspiracy theorists are bonkers and nuts. These are dudes that peddle in the 'Earth is flat, Moon landing was a hoax, WTC bombings were an inside job, Hydroxyl chloroquine is the cure for this virus, drinking lysol washes away this virus and may work better if one injects a disinfectant. Also, that Trump is the second coming of white Jesus and is a savior of the south. Last but not least, waving an enemy flag (Confederacy) because in their demented thinking they equate that defeated army (because they were against integration) that was a traitorous outfit and represents the type of America we chose to cut down to pieces. Let's just be Americans and believe in real critical thinking and not peddle conspiracy theories. Lastly, fuck all the racists of the world, white, black and brown. We're all descendants of the same human beings and that's it. Nobody is inferior or superior to anybody else. Also, this is an intercultural global economy and it'll soon become an intercultural global people.

Last edited:

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Man @Sami84 take a deep breath and practice some yoga and relaxation techniques dude. You are much too angry for a young man that has an inflexible and a vastly unique belief system that the vast majority of critical thinkers laugh and scoff at. I don't judge people based on their belief systems however misunderstood or uninformed and/or misinformed such views may be or how outside the standard deviation of intelligent thought that falls in. Probably outside the graph itself. Conspiracy theorists abound in the US led by our own President, so it is fine for you to have your own views but to throw shade (calling them morons, etc.) on people with good education and life experiences who think conspiracy theorists are bonkers and nuts. These are dudes that peddle in the 'Earth is flat, Moon landing was a hoax, WTC bombings were an inside job, Hydroxyl chloroquine is the cure for this virus, drinking lysol washes away this virus and may work better if one injects a disinfectant. Also, that Trump is the second coming of white Jesus and is a savior of the south. Last but not least, waving an enemy flag (Confederacy) because in their demented thinking they equate that defeated army was a traitorous outfit and represents the type of America we chose to cut down to pieces. Let's just be Americans and believe in real critical thinking and not peddle conspiracy theories.

Stop trying to put the lies and truths as it pertains to conspiracy theories in 1 bag. If you knew that you'd know thatI'm not a flat earther. 2nd if you want to know anything about the corruption of big pharma/gates/fauci and co ( all democrats btw, go figure) watch the Robert Kennedy Jr vs Dershowitz ( [profanity deleted] lawer for vaccine firms and epstein/clinton) by patrick bet david.

I'm too tired to talk to fake ''critical thinkers'' who can't discern patterns and believe MSM by default.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhVGS0cTApY&feature=share

No need to go the vaccine route. If you insist on a big pharma treatment/treatment then you can take a simple medication used for asthma(BUDESONIDE) which is even more effective than Hydroxychloroquine which also works well enough if used properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfnJi7yLKgE&t

Still wondering about vaccines? I won't even touch upon rudolph steiners more profound esoteric prognosis for vaccinations on human consciousness/spirituality

this is all you need to know.

Attachments

• EdlO-uGUYAI14J9.jpeg
    EdlO-uGUYAI14J9.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 211

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
You guys think you're clever but you ain't. I'm done. I've provided more evidence and true science in this thread and proof of corruption and I'm an anarchist ( not a left wing radical that trump called ''anarchists'', anarchists don't loot or cause damage or hurt ppl) who doesn't like trump BUT can tell you without a shadow of a doubt he's by far the lesser evil compared to biden/fauci/gates/soros/clinton

But you go drink that CNN kool aid.

Goodbye

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
The study which was used to discredit hdroxychloroquine was via the bill and melinda gates foundation. Go follow the crumbs to anything that goes against the need for a vaccine and you'll work this out. All other studies and doctors have treated patients successfully.

Americans are fucked in the head and so easy to manipulate . If you all insist on having a ruler then at least choose the lesser evil in trump

Status
Not open for further replies.