• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
State of Texas combined the numbers of the positive cases and probable cases, thus leadinflg to the removal of over 3,000+ cases.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ksat.com/news/local/2020/07/16/why-texas-health-department-removed-thousands-of-covid-19-cases-from-bexar-countys-tally/?outputType=amp

This is why it's hard to believe any numbers reported. I wonder how many more are fabricated.
It's a State who requested it so they can compare between the counties (not all counties used the same method of reporting). Conveniently, this decreases the actual number, as they somehow think it will make useless politicians look better.

"Probable" in covid crisis terms means highly likely because it falls under one of 3 categories:

• A positive quick-result antigen test
  • Experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
  • Close contact with a confirmed positive COVID-19 case
WHO has this as a requirement. Here in NZ, all asymptomatic close contacts within known spread clusters were classified as probable, requiring 2 weeks self isolation but not requiring an expensive test. After 28 days of not showing symptoms, case is moved from probable to recovered but remains counted in a total column.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Gotta cash out while there's still time.

The crazy thing is that that isn't even the biggest story to come out of that administration this week. But everything smudges over Bountygate in the news cycle I guess.
This one might hit harder because millions of people are out of work, income, help and the sums of money shown are what those people actually understand.
Hundreds of millions and billions of dollars are just some abstract amounts for most of us.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
The shit going on in Portland is pretty scary with all the badgeless unmarked supposed law enforcement

Omg is it scary. Coming in there like stormtroopers. I mean the nerve not announcing thenselves so they can be surrounded and have frozen water bottles and fireworks thrown at them and have their cars beaten up with baseball bats. Them coming in here with their nazilike tactics infringing on our 1st amendment rights of peacefully pulling down a statue and lighting up a precinct or two.

Donald Trump and the federal govt!!!
greta-thunberg-how-dare-you-620x465.jpg

Gestapo! Gestapo! Gestapo!!! Nazi! Nazi! Nazi!!!

chasing-tail-1.gif

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Omg is it scary. Coming in there like stormtroopers. I mean the nerve not announcing thenselves so they can be surrounded and have frozen water bottles and fireworks thrown at them and have their cars beaten up with baseball bats. Them coming in here with their nazilike tactics infringing on our 1st amendment rights of peacefully pulling down a statue and lighting up a precinct or two.

Donald Trump and the federal govt!!!
View attachment 2463

Gestapo! Gestapo! Gestapo!!! Nazi! Nazi! Nazi!!!

View attachment 2464
You make me wanna puke every time you open your filthy mouth.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Fuck everybody who supports this.

Have you seen the endgame of section 8 housing in areas with decent property value? Ten years and people will be upside down on their mortgages. Fuck everybody who’s against this. I sacrificed a lot and bought a shithole house that needed thousands in money and hundreds of hours in renovations and am doing all the work myself so I can afford it, mortgage, PMI and hoa combined account for over 1/3rd of our combined income, so that my son could go to a decent school district, and the year I buy my house the HOA begins allowing section 8 housing in the condo portion of the neighborhood, and since then there has been a shooting, multiple robbings, and an armed fleeing suspect who actually KNOCKED ON MY DOOR and tossed the gun in my bush and got arrested in my front yard, every single case was a brand new resident in the condo area of our neighborhood.

when we moved in, chesterfield made #2 on the most coveted neighborhoods in Pasadena, that was less than 2 years ago, but the neighborhood now has a reputation of being on the decline due to these exact circumstances.

I’ve seen this happen in Elkridge already, when my parents rented a house there back in 07 they signed the lease for $1700, by the time they moved out the lease was $1600, and the next tenant was renting for $1400, why? this particular section of Elkridge had slowly Developed a reputation of being crime infested, and that came from the section 8 kids in the condo portion of the neighborhood, I know from personal expierence because that was my group of friends growing up, I was part of it.

my point is, the property value goes down sharply once the reputation is firmly in place, and the reputations are typically well earned. With section 8 comes rising crime rate, sad story but a true one, and I’m now gonna see my property value drop sharply for a house I can barely afford.

you can’t be a charitable soul at the expense of hard working middle class families. A 5% drop in property value 5 years from now would essentially ruin my life and I’d be stuck in a house that my family has outgrown already. If you can’t relate or if this problem doesn’t affect you then I’m sorry your opinion has fuckall value to those that it does.

“low income housing” isn’t nearly as charitable and good willed as it sounds here in the US, low income housing is government subsidized housing and it discourages growth and progress for families because if you reach a threshold of income you lose all of your benefits which means you lose your housing and food, do you know what kind of culture this breeds? A culture where the best money is untaxed money so that your benefits can’t get taken from you, a culture where the parents have the benefits in their names and the teenagers are making the spending money that the government can’t know about, if you catch my drift. Again, I’ve been part of it, I’ve spent weekends in these households, I’ve gotten into trouble with these kids, I’ve partaken in all of it, I know of it first hand. Low income housing in the US sounds like a wonderful charitable cause to someone like you who is not from here, but take it from someone who has seen it up close and personal, it’s a sinister game of entrapment by the government and it has had the exact results that the government has hoped for.

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
This has never been about COVID-19, never been about saving lives, the US Government, is using COVID as a POLITICAL WEAPON to defeat Donald Trump. If you all saw that video with doctors coming out saying take Hydroxychloroquine and it works to treat people who get the virus. Facebook, Google, Twitter and big tech companies who aren't licensed doctors by any means and have no right to say what is good medical advice and what isn't. They BANNED the video from the internet. They were saying it was banned for misleading even though CNN in April said it doesn't work. Then a few weeks ago, they tweeted out an article saying in a surprising test Hydroxychloroquine does in fact heal people who get the virus.

Now the state of Ohio, has BANNED the use of Hydroxychloroquine in the state saying that it's not an effective treatment. Why? All because Trump supported the use of the drug to treat COVID 19, and the backlash from leftist media all started saying how wrong he was, now videos from REAL DOCTORS, are being banned if they support the use of the drug all because Trump said to use it. It's been proven taking that with Zinc has worked on those who got the virus, now people in Ohio are being denied access to this drug all because the government wants Trump out at all costs.

Economy had a 20 year high ranking, Unemployment in the US was at a 50 year low, then COVID happened. We shut down the economy telling everyone to stay home, businesses had to close unless you were considered essential. Now here we are 5 months later and the US government has decided that saving lives is not important, they are willing to kill people if it means getting rid of Trump in November. This is disgusting, this is why America needs a legit third party to knock the Republicans & Democrats off their pedestal and wake them up.

https://breaking911.com/breaking-ohio-dept-of-health-bans-hydroxychloroquine-in-treating-covid19/

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
This has never been about COVID-19, never been about saving lives, the US Government, is using COVID as a POLITICAL WEAPON to defeat Donald Trump. If you all saw that video with doctors coming out saying take Hydroxychloroquine and it works to treat people who get the virus. Facebook, Google, Twitter and big tech companies who aren't licensed doctors by any means and have no right to say what is good medical advice and what isn't. They BANNED the video from the internet. They were saying it was banned for misleading even though CNN in April said it doesn't work. Then a few weeks ago, they tweeted out an article saying in a surprising test Hydroxychloroquine does in fact heal people who get the virus.

Now the state of Ohio, has BANNED the use of Hydroxychloroquine in the state saying that it's not an effective treatment. Why? All because Trump supported the use of the drug to treat COVID 19, and the backlash from leftist media all started saying how wrong he was, now videos from REAL DOCTORS, are being banned if they support the use of the drug all because Trump said to use it. It's been proven taking that with Zinc has worked on those who got the virus, now people in Ohio are being denied access to this drug all because the government wants Trump out at all costs.

Economy had a 20 year high ranking, Unemployment in the US was at a 50 year low, then COVID happened. We shut down the economy telling everyone to stay home, businesses had to close unless you were considered essential. Now here we are 5 months later and the US government has decided that saving lives is not important, they are willing to kill people if it means getting rid of Trump in November. This is disgusting, this is why America needs a legit third party to knock the Republicans & Democrats off their pedestal and wake them up.

https://breaking911.com/breaking-ohio-dept-of-health-bans-hydroxychloroquine-in-treating-covid19/
I was about to post about this last night but I didn’t wanna get into the arguments that come with it, not worth it, but yeah as someone who’s been all
About social distancing and playing your part, I’m calling bullshit, I can’t take the smearing and disinformation anymore and it’s clear now more than ever that nobody in charge of decision making has any interest in helping the people or saving lives. Say what you want about the doctor being a quack, but she wasn’t the only one, and never has been the only one, the studies and correlating data has been EXTENSIVE proving the effectiveness of this drug that’s been safe for 3/4 of a century, now all of a sudden if you use it in the US you’re gonna fucking die and you’re better off getting a ventilator so you can spend 2 weeks in a coma first before dying, it works everywhere but here apparently

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was about to post about this last night but I didn’t wanna get into the arguments that come with it, not worth it, but yeah as someone who’s been all
About social distancing and playing your part, I’m calling bullshit, I can’t take the smearing and disinformation anymore and it’s clear now more than ever that nobody in charge of decision making has any interest in helping the people or saving lives. Say what you want about the doctor being a quack, but she wasn’t the only one, and never has been the only one, the studies and correlating data has been EXTENSIVE proving the effectiveness of this drug that’s been safe for 3/4 of a century, now all of a sudden if you use it in the US you’re gonna fucking die and you’re better off getting a ventilator so you can spend 2 weeks in a coma first before dying, it works everywhere but here apparently
Agreed completely. The pandemic has been handled with utter incompetency and for whatever reason has become politicized. Unfortunately tho, there are people that still think COVID is all part of a larger conspiracy, which is simply ridiculous. Fauci seems like a good guy, but doesn't seem to have the proclivity to lead the anti-COVID team.

MPJs comments are simply insensitive and it makes you wonder how someone with the platform he has, especially since he was diagnosed with COVID, could say such blasphemy, with no basis to his premises.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Anyone who cannot see that trump is by far the lesser evil compared to the left and all their bullying tactics is a moron
anyone who can't see that BLM is a poltical tool and a racist organization that is the epitome of anti-freedom and sheer manipulation and used for political gain is a fool.

Every American here should be voting for trump just so Biden ( whos a puppet) and the goons and deep state don't take control.The left wing media should all be behind bars.

Personally, I wish humans took responsibility and ended the establishment of government. So you wouldnt have to vote for your master/puppeteer.

Status
Not open for further replies.