• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't usually watch these debates. Do they normally interrupt each other this much? It's like an episode of the View or that one show on NFLN.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I was content letting this thread just die out on its own but after tonight.... where to begin.

1) That was embarrassing for America. 300M+ in this country and that's the best we can come up with? How bad are the rest of the Republicans if they lost the nomination to a Celebrity in 2016? How bad are the Democrats if they lost out to said Celebrity?

2) We are officially voting for children, because both acted like children. Trump was worst but Biden took the bate and interrupted him right back. Then they started talking over each other... Headaches!

3) The swamp is both parties that need to be drained ASAP, and tonight was a perfect example of why the 2 party system just doesn't work anymore.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I was content letting this thread just die out on its own but after tonight.... where to begin.

1) That was embarrassing for America. 300M+ in this country and that's the best we can come up with? How bad are the rest of the Republicans if they lost the nomination to a Celebrity in 2016? How bad are the Democrats if they lost out to said Celebrity?

2) We are officially voting for children, because both acted like children. Trump was worst but Biden took the bate and interrupted him right back. Then they started talking over each other... Headaches!

3) The swamp is both parties that need to be drained ASAP, and tonight was a perfect example of why the 2 party system just doesn't work anymore.

biden's uninspiring but that doesnt really compare:

trump refused to condemn white supremacists and instead basically winked and nodded at them and sent them a rallying cry...

he also when asked about race relations immediately started talking about the police

but yeah that was bad - just 3 men shouting at and interrupting each other all night but trump managed to interrupt biden 128 times in the 90 mins (albeit hard to interrupt on your own time so probably more like 128 times in 50 minutes)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Just putting this here because a Reddit User has found an interesting coincidence when it comes to the Colts vs Bears. They play every four years, which aligns with an election year.

Just putting this here because a Reddit User has found an interesting coincidence when it comes to the Colts vs Bears. They play every four years, which aligns with an election year.

That is the strangest thing I've read all day.

Colts win = Republican president
Bears = Democrats

It's a fairly small sample but it would be cra,y if that continues. It makes me look at my pickem choices differently.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
That is the strangest thing I've read all day.

Colts win = Republican president
Bears = Democrats

It's a fairly small sample but it would be cra,y if that continues. It makes me look at my pickem choices differently.
This was a pretty crazy one that ran from 1940 until 2000: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redskins_Rule

People tend to underestimate probabilities, but this playing out 17 times (19 if you count the revised version) feels pretty wild.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I thought this was closing down but if we are all going to agree that we are fucked then I am okay with it lmfaooooo

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
1st, I hope he's ok. Those bruises are scary looking.

2nd, this was just a funny tweet:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i had voted to shut this thread down, but im shocked there isnt a single word about the election.

guess the boards are moving in a positive direction.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
i had voted to shut this thread down, but im shocked there isnt a single word about the election.

guess the boards are moving in a positive direction.

I wasn't going to post about it but this is quite ridiculous we don't know a winner yet. I care who wins but at the same time I don't care in the sense I want this to be over with. Yet I know no matter who wins, lawsuits from either side will drag this out forever.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I wasn't going to post about it but this is quite ridiculous we don't know a winner yet. I care who wins but at the same time I don't care in the sense I want this to be over with. Yet I know no matter who wins, lawsuits from either side will drag this out forever.
I find it incredibly strange that Michigan over night found 140k ballots with 100% of them going to Biden

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I find it incredibly strange that Michigan over night found 140k ballots with 100% of them going to Biden

Biden has 224 and Trump at 213. Based off current projections of who's leading in the remaining states, Trump will finish with 267 while Biden finishes with 254, neither will reach 270.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

michigan, wisconsin and pennsylvania had their republican governors etc. pre-election refuse to alter their processes for this year's pandemic election - lots of other places like florida for example start counting the early, absentee and postal votes first whereas pennsylvania for example didnt adjust and therefore weren't allowed to start counting postal votes until November 4th (i think in pennsylvania it was 7am local time)

that's why the ballots suddenly got "dumped" overnight with the majority of them going to biden (because early voting and postal voting statistically heavily leans democrat)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
michigan, wisconsin and pennsylvania had their republican governors etc. pre-election refuse to alter their processes for this year's pandemic election - lots of other places like florida for example start counting the early, absentee and postal votes first whereas pennsylvania for example didnt adjust and therefore weren't allowed to start counting postal votes until November 4th (i think in pennsylvania it was 7am local time)

that's why the ballots suddenly got "dumped" overnight with the majority of them going to biden (because early voting and postal voting statistically heavily leans democrat)
i know this, im saying that 100% of these dumps going in bidens favor, literally 140k ballots began counting and 140k of them went to biden, does not make sense, no matter how skewed the mail in alignment was.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i know this, im saying that 100% of these dumps going in bidens favor, literally 140k ballots began counting and 140k of them went to biden, does not make sense, no matter how skewed the mail in alignment was.

yes all of these dumps will go in biden's favour - i doubt all 100% of votes are going in biden's favour - but they do likely process these votes in batches which will likely come in with voter registrations attached

at one point trump got 500,000 in one go too - it's just the way the batch systems work with the way the counting of ballots is inputted - its not like these votes are being "found" they literally were already there the day before the elections happened as dictated by their republican legislatures

it's probably also worth noting with regards to mail-in votes that trump supporters were exceedingly unlikely to vote via mail-in given how much he was criticising that system of voting

also specifically regarding the 140k graphic you're seeing:

- it was an inputting error that was corrected over the next hour - the number 15371 accidentally for an hour became 153710 and was fixed...

worth noting that every vote in wisconsin gets triple checked at least - not sure the specifics in michigan but most places will have rigorous checking protocols because of the doubt that's been thrown over this election by trump himself (and others in the republican leadership)

JO_75

Hall of Famer

Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania have Democrat Governors. They screwed themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.