• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
Kamala Harris says Donald Trump needs to go back where he came from.... wait hold up. Just like Trump telling Americans to go back to America, your going to tell Trump who is an American to go back to America? DOUBLE STANDARD ALERT!

Kamala, Trump just played you like a fiddle. Trump may talk like the stupid idiot he is but he knows what's he doing. He is exposing the hypocrites and the double standard of the Left one by one.

I actually think it is funny how now you have a problem with it after barely mentioning it when Trump said that and worse. So you think all that was done to make Kamala look bad? She just echoed his own words back to him and if you actually read the quotes, they aren't even really comparable. But you are right about there being a double standard for sure

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
I actually think it is funny how now you have a problem with it after barely mentioning it when Trump said that and worse. So you think all that was done to make Kamala look bad? She just echoed his own words back to him and if you actually read the quotes, they aren't even really comparable. But you are right about there being a double standard for sure

Not to say that it was good that she said that, could have been done better, but it is clear it is a direct response to what Trump said so getting angry over that while turning a blind eye on what Trump said is kinda funny

flynismo

Practice Squad
So all Steeler fans aren't bad? Hmmm...
Yeah I dunno about that. This used to be a bipartisan issue. Steelers and their fans are deplorable, and that's just the way the world worked. Now we have these extremists claiming that they are "humans" and "have a spark of divinity". Unacceptable.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
The chants of

"send her back, send her back"

don't really sit well with me. anyone care to defend that to?

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
The chants of

These are chants of ignorance and mob psychosis and hysteria revved up by the King himself. Trump's rallies are almost concert like because he knows how to get his crowds going and riled up with tidbits of juicy nuggets that they can relate to, truth be damned. Most of these people get their news from talk radio and Brietbart news. So I don't entirely blame them for rallying behind the only truth they are fed. They are the same folks that chanted 'lock her up'. To me personally, the irony and hypocrisy is baffling.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
The chants of

Extremism met with extremism. He had just listed a smokeload of the vile comments she said about our soldiers and our country. If you're ok with her comments then fine but some people aren't plain and simple.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
These are chants of ignorance and mob psychosis and hysteria revved up by the King himself. Trump's rallies are almost concert like because he knows how to get his crowds going and riled up with tidbits of juicy nuggets that they can relate to, truth be damned. Most of these people get their news from talk radio and Brietbart news. So I don't entirely blame them for rallying behind the only truth they are fed. They are the same folks that chanted 'lock her up'. To me personally, the irony and hypocrisy is baffling.

Your NY Times acted like they didn't even know why Van Spronsen did what he did at Wash ICE facility and just called him a man. If a person shot up a La Raza headquarters for example he would've been called a white nationalist terrorist. Amirite? When you talk about talk radio and Breitbart news do you actually listen or are you told what to believe from what you watch and listen to? Tbh most of the people in that crowd probally watch local news and maybe Fox national. Whats Antifa watching? They sure like to talk about concentration camps. Who's spewing that nonsense?

flynismo

Practice Squad
Most of these people get their news from talk radio and Brietbart news. So I don't entirely blame them for rallying behind the only truth they are fed. They are the same folks that chanted 'lock her up'. To me personally, the irony and hypocrisy is baffling.

As opposed to what, CNN, Vox, Daily Kos, The View and Rachel Madcow? Lets not pretend that one side is more informed or more intelligent than the other. As a right leaning moderate, I find the hypocrisy of both sides to be laughable.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
The chants of

It's funny to me that people expect athletes to be a moral compass and role model, but the same isn't expected from politicians when it's convenient.

flynismo

Practice Squad
It's funny to me that people expect athletes to be a moral compass and role model, but the same isn't expected from politicians when it's convenient.

Can only speak for myself, but I don't expect anyone outside of my immediate family to be a role model or act as the moral compass.
On top of that, let's call a spade a spade....90% of politicians are either scum or don't care about the general public, only advancing their own personal interests.
As such, I vote for rude, obnoxious assholes like Trump guilt free, because his platform aligns very well with my own priorities. I don't care if snowflakes like Trudeau, May or Sadiq Khan don't like him. They don't like him because he tells it like it is, without any fake decorum. I don't care that he's a cheating pig of a husband or is a boor in general. He was elected to do a job, not babysit my kids...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Can only speak for myself, but I don't expect anyone outside of my immediate family to be a role model or act as the moral compass.
On top of that, let's call a spade a spade....90% of politicians are either scum or don't care about the general public, only advancing their own personal interests.
As such, I vote for rude, obnoxious assholes like Trump guilt free, because his platform aligns very well with my own priorities. I don't care if snowflakes like Trudeau, May or Sadiq Khan don't like him. They don't like him because he tells it like it is, without any fake decorum. I don't care that he's a cheating pig of a husband or is a boor in general. He was elected to do a job, not babysit my kids...
I'm fiscally conservative but I disagree with your comments about Trump stating it like it is 100%. To use your words, I agree that 90% of politicians are scum and also agree that both sides in the media are far too right or left leaning. However, some are worse than others and even though I'm moderately conservative, I despise Breitbart.

flynismo

Practice Squad
I'm fiscally conservative but I disagree with your comments about Trump stating it like it is 100%. To use your words, I agree that 90% of politicians are scum and also agree that both sides in the media are far too right or left leaning. However, some are worse than others and even though I'm moderately conservative, I despise Breitbart.

Well, for sure Trump exaggerates and lies; just like every president before him. We have to fact check him just like we should be doing with our news sources. I'm not saying that I approve of the exaggerations and lies, I just mean that I've come to expect it from the president, regardless of who that happens to be.
I'm not particularly fond of Breitbart myself. It's the conservative version of Vox / Salon / Daily Kos / The View; that is to say, they appeal to the extremists, while making the rest of us want to gouge our eyes out.
To be fair, I do like Jake Tapper over at CNN. He can be fair at times; and he dislikes the extremists on both sides as much as we do.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Extremism met with extremism. He had just listed a smokeload of the vile comments she said about our soldiers and our country. If you're ok with her comments then fine but some people aren't plain and simple.

Who said I was ok with it?

Like I said before, how he speaks empowers some people that he doesnt actually speak for. I need to to address what I'm saying about Trump and the crowd. We can talk about what someone else if you'd like.

This is the 2nd time I tell you this.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Your NY Times acted like they didn't even know why Van Spronsen did what he did at Wash ICE facility and just called him a man. If a person shot up a La Raza headquarters for example he would've been called a white nationalist terrorist. Amirite? When you talk about talk radio and Breitbart news do you actually listen or are you told what to believe from what you watch and listen to? Tbh most of the people in that crowd probally watch local news and maybe Fox national. Whats Antifa watching? They sure like to talk about concentration camps. Who's spewing that nonsense?

Actually you're not right. Acts of terror make you a terrorist. Period. The media has made a thing to make sure certain groups are labeled terrorist while others mental health issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.