• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Browns

purp

Practice Squad
I'll be the first one to say I'm guilty of this, but in fairness I don't watch Browns game, but they got a couple of studs in Peppers and Garrett. By no means am I saying you're wrong, but can you explain why you think the Browns D ain't all that other from the fact that Ward won't be playing? Also, I'm curious to know why you think our D can get the better of their O. Again, I'm it saying you're wrong.

16 weeks of stats is all. http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

Also, our D got the better of them last time too. We were a Denzel Ward blocked FG away. They scored 9 points in regulation. Moreover, we have an offense that takes more than a Tampa 2 to shut down.

Don’t get me wrong. We have 0 reason to be cocky, but every reason to be optimistic.

Last edited:

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I read on some browns page that the pratice against Tyrod will really help in preparing. He obviously isn’t the same athlete but probably the closest guy to lamar active. Didn’t even think of that

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Wouldn't mind winning the toss and recieving the ball first. Start the ground and pound early, and tire their defense out from the first snap of the first quarter. Having a 7-8 minute drive early on would be huge.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Wouldn't mind winning the toss and recieving the ball first. Start the ground and pound early, and tire their defense out from the first snap of the first quarter. Having a 7-8 minute drive early on would be huge.
If we win the toss we always defer and put our D on the field first. I have to say I’ve always liked getting the ball after half.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If we win the toss we always defer and put our D on the field first. I have to say I’ve always liked getting the ball after half.
Controlling the clock as well as we do isn’t just a matter of having higher TOP, you can literally control the clock, if the gameplan is working then your third/fourth possession is almost certain to be closing out the half and we can kinda dictate one drive before the last whether or not we wanna leave time for a possible fg attempt, and it seems to play out that way quite often where we get to midfield with less than a minute and we casually work our way to the 37-40 for a fg attempt.

I’ve usually been one to want the kickoff, by deferring has worked so damn well for this squad

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Yea id never receive the ball first if i had the chance.. best choice is to get it after half tbh

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’m really hoping we come out guns blazing, the whole team playing with their FULL INTENSITY AND FOCUS and we remind them that they’re still the browns.

Sadly I don’t think we will, I think we underestimate them and think we can cruise to a win and come out flat, as we always do vs the browns, and as we always do in win-and-in games, and wake up at halftime.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Imagine they both lose and we fuck up vs Cleveland

I'm imagining the Ravens coming out like worldbeaters and balling out quick, fast and in a hurry to break the browns spirit and get that needed "W" to lock up the AFC North.

GO RAVENS!!!