• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Game Ball Thread @ Chargers

ALI624

Pro Bowler
The entire defense for making that Bitch cry.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Peanut if I had to give it to one player

2 sacks and forced fumble on Young’s def fumble recovery

Tank

Hall of Famer
Plenty to go around. Gotta give a shout out to Carr who set the tone for the game. Whatta way to start!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
but for real i cant point to anyone on defence who didnt make a play
every member of the DL was involved in a big negative play for the chargers
every member of the linebacking group (even bowser) caused the chargers absolute fits
every member of the secondary had an insane game against a difficult receiving corps (even Tony Jefferson recovered after gifting the chargers their only points not off turnovers)

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Plenty to go around. Gotta give a shout out to Carr who set the tone for the game. Whatta way to start!

Every one had to think that was going for 6 Initially with how he was beat. Great recovery and better hands than Crab to come down with it.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
@rossihunter2 CJ Mosley made a couple of non-stat plays today that showed me why he's worth money. We really need to stop putting him into these unfavorable coverage situations(I don't care if it's zone, putting any kind of LB on Tyreek Hill in some capacity is dumb), and just let him call the defense. Give him a running mate who can cover well or two and this defense can become more normal.

Outside of that horrid drive from Jefferson he low key balled out too.

Defense was great today outside of the one Melvin Gordon drive.

I don't believe in this team's ability to go win a ring, but if we do make the postseason I'll be happy

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
@rossihunter2We really need to stop putting him into these unfavorable coverage situations(I don't care if it's zone, putting any kind of LB on Tyreek Hill in some capacity is dumb)
Dude this again? Do you not understand the concept of a zone? He was not put on hill in any capacity. Hill ran into his zone. That’s what a zone is. The only way to stop that is to take him out of the game and that’s not going to happen.

Saying “I don’t care if it’s a zone, you can’t put him on Hill” makes absolutely zero sense. When Hill comes into his zone do you just want CJ to run away from him?

I feel the game opening Int from Carr will get overlooked. Just want to take a moment and appreciate the fact that he won a jump ball against one of the best jump ball receivers in the game.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Dude this again? Do you not understand the concept of a zone? He was not put on hill in any capacity. Hill ran into his zone. That’s what a zone is. The only way to stop that is to take him out of the game and that’s not going to happen.

Saying “I don’t care if it’s a zone, you can’t put him on Hill” makes absolutely zero sense. When Hill comes into his zone do you just want CJ to run away from him?
Then riddle me this... Why was CJ's zone, when he is NOTORIOUS for being lousy in deep coverage, THAT DEEP.

It's a dumbass decision. Want to put him in the middle of field, fine. Near where either Tyreek or any of the other Chiefs WRs are going to be? Please. ALso, why not trust one of Marlon, Jimmy, Carr, Tavon, one on one in that situation? It's a puzzling playcall no matter how you put it... Sorry.

Martindale as a whole has been fine but he does have those moments where you want to bang your head against the wall