• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Game Ball Thread @ Chargers

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Michael Pierce had a heck of a game too

We have a lot of work to do this off season

what do you we do with

Maxx and Nick?

Peanut

Pierce ( has to be a 1st round tender, right? )

Z'darius

CJ

John Brown

Suggs replacement

Is weddle gone?

Is jimmy gone?

Is Brandon Carr gone?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
@rossihunter2 CJ Mosley made a couple of non-stat plays today that showed me why he's worth money. We really need to stop putting him into these unfavorable coverage situations(I don't care if it's zone, putting any kind of LB on Tyreek Hill in some capacity is dumb), and just let him call the defense. Give him a running mate who can cover well or two and this defense can become more normal.

Outside of that horrid drive from Jefferson he low key balled out too.

Defense was great today outside of the one Melvin Gordon drive.

I don't believe in this team's ability to go win a ring, but if we do make the postseason I'll be happy

he had a beautiful pickup of a short out to the flat on a disguised blitz and he had perfect coverage and just took away any chance that rivers could get the ball off and forced the throwaway - rivers identified the blitz but mosley eliminated the hot read perfectly

and im sorry but CJ wasnt covering Tyreek, he was dropping deeper into the zone because there was nothing underneath and tyreek literally broke off his route to the outside to come back across the field - it's incredibly difficult to pick up a receiver coming across your zone from behind after he already did it once before - and if CJ hadnt slipped at the end he might still have made a play on the ball

it was a miraculous play by 2 players who probably are the only 2 players in the league who execute that throw and catch - not every good play by one side is a bad play by the other

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
@rossihunter2 CJ Mosley made a couple of non-stat plays today that showed me why he's worth money. We really need to stop putting him into these unfavorable coverage situations(I don't care if it's zone, putting any kind of LB on Tyreek Hill in some capacity is dumb), and just let him call the defense. Give him a running mate who can cover well or two and this defense can become more normal.

Outside of that horrid drive from Jefferson he low key balled out too.

Defense was great today outside of the one Melvin Gordon drive.

I don't believe in this team's ability to go win a ring, but if we do make the postseason I'll be happy

Maybe not, but this team has been ballin out since Lamar took over. He has added an energy to the team that I cannot describe and it’s exciting. Agree we need to keep Mosely, but overpaying him could be a bigger mistake.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Maybe not, but this team has been ballin out since Lamar took over. He has added an energy to the team that I cannot describe and it’s exciting. Agree we need to keep Mosely, but overpaying him could be a bigger mistake.

it's a cliche but we really are the team that no one wants to face in the playoffs if we get there
i cant remember who said it on the broadcast last night but they were absolutely right when they said we have now got both the hardest offence and hardest defence to prepare for and those 2 things in and of themselves are valuable

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Michael Pierce had a heck of a game too

We have a lot of work to do this off season

what do you we do with

Maxx and Nick?

Peanut

Pierce ( has to be a 1st round tender, right? )

Z'darius

CJ

John Brown

Suggs replacement

Is weddle gone?

Is jimmy gone?

Is Brandon Carr gone?

In order:

Maxx and Nick are either gone or vet min

They should probably try and keep Peanut if possible

Yes Pierce is a 1st round tender then use money from moving on from Flacco to sign him big next offseason.

Zdarius is a beast but he is gone

CJ needs to be brought back

Brown should be let go. He is great but the skillsets do not jive. Its like when Miami signed Mike Wallace to a big deal and it failed.

Suggs replacement is either going to be by committee, Judon or the draft

Weddle is likely gone if they can draft his replacement but otherwise unlikely

Jimmy and Carr I would try and keep because when you are elite and best in the league at a thing, you do not give that away willingly especially when that thing is the most important defensive position.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
it's a cliche but we really are the team that no one wants to face in the playoffs if we get there
i cant remember who said it on the broadcast last night but they were absolutely right when they said we have now got both the hardest offence and hardest defence to prepare for and those 2 things in and of themselves are valuable
I heard that as well and can’t rememner either

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
In order:

Yes Pierce is a 1st round tender then use money from moving on from Flacco to sign him big next offseason.

Brown should be let go. He is great but the skillsets do not jive. Its like when Miami signed Mike Wallace to a big deal and it failed.

Jimmy and Carr I would try and keep because when you are elite and best in the league at a thing, you do not give that away willingly especially when that thing is the most important defensive position.

who do we bring in via FA. it's a pretty good class. Mitch Morse? Ha Ha clinton Dix? Trey Flowers?

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
In order:

Does a first round tender mean we lose out on our first round pick?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
In order:

my guess is Pierce gets a 2nd round tender and Peanut gets an original round tender, CJ gets a new contract or plays on the franchise tag, and i imagine we re-sign either boyle or maxx on a 1 year contract with some incentives like Urban's deal last offseason

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ha Ha might come here because of all the roll tide...

I think we should target

Mitch Morse
Re-sign Mosely
Ronald Darby
Trey Flowers
Ha Ha

Let Flacco/ Weddle/Carr/Jimmy go
Clears a tonne of cap

-1st round tender on pierce

- 1-2 year deal for Boyle or Williams

Draft- Round 1 OG
Round 2 - (Flacco for a 2nd rounder)- WR
Round 3 DE/DT pass rusher
Round 3 WR again

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Does a first round tender mean we lose out on our first round pick?

my guess is Pierce gets a 2nd round tender and Peanut gets an original round tender, CJ gets a new contract or plays on the franchise tag, and i imagine we re-sign either boyle or maxx on a 1 year contract with some incentives like Urban's deal last offseason

I think pierce warrants a 1st round tender. some team WILL spend their 2nd rounder on him and i dont think we'll get a player as good as him in that round.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think pierce warrants a 1st round tender. some team WILL spend their 2nd rounder on him and i dont think we'll get a player as good as him in that round.
I could see him getting extended and Williams cut in the offseason, but most likely we will wait one more year to cut Williams due to the cap hit or having to cut him post June 1. Makes no sense

redrum52

Hall of Famer
In order:

I think one of Boyle or Williams are kept on a reasonable contract. I don't think it would be wise to let both walk, but agree with most of what you said. Also, wouldn't be shocked if we kept Weddle now. The way the season has played out, my view on the moves have changed. FO will have some interesting choices to make. I'm most likely showing Crabtree the door and giving his reps to Moore. Hell, maybe Lasley pans out as a deep threat, but the wr position obviously has to be addressed.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ha Ha might come here because of all the roll tide...

I think we should target

Mitch Morse
Re-sign Mosely
Ronald Darby
Trey Flowers
Ha Ha

Let Flacco/ Weddle/Carr/Jimmy go
Clears a tonne of cap

-1st round tender on pierce

- 1-2 year deal for Boyle or Williams

Draft- Round 1 OG
Round 2 - (Flacco for a 2nd rounder)- WR
Round 3 DE/DT pass rusher
Round 3 WR again

Mitch Morse is a perfect fit for the KC system so im not sure they let him get away
he's a bit light for us - more of a great C in space than he is a body mover on the inside - technique goes a long way of course but i just think he'd be less of a good fit here and would inevitably underwhelm for his price tag because of the fit - i could be wrong of course but he's more of a light fast moving center and skura's lack of an anchor has been a problem - tough to fix with an undersized interior lineman

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i dont think he's enough of a pass rushing threat for other teams to consider him worthy of a first rounder - in all likelihood they probably dont consider him a 2nd rounder either which would make the 2nd round tender a decent level for him

i just dont think a team would spend a 2nd on Pierce and if they did that would be pretty fair compensation

not to forget that we get first refusal on any contract offer on pierce - so we put on a 2nd round tender and a team comes in with a fair contract and we can sign him to that contract in stead

teams rarely are willing to part with high picks on RFAs