• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Game Ball Thread @ Chargers

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Mitch Morse is a perfect fit for the KC system so im not sure they let him get away
he's a bit light for us - more of a great C in space than he is a body mover on the inside - technique goes a long way of course but i just think he'd be less of a good fit here and would inevitably underwhelm for his price tag because of the fit - i could be wrong of course but he's more of a light fast moving center and skura's lack of an anchor has been a problem - tough to fix with an undersized interior lineman
I watched a lot of film on Morse coming out of college and drafted him in the forum mock. He’s definitely more of a zone blocking scheme center and agree he may not be a fit with us. I could see Bozeman as a center next yr and then drafting a guard. Someone who can play both right and left guard due to Yanda retiring soon.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think one of Boyle or Williams are kept on a reasonable contract. I don't think it would be wise to let both walk, but agree with most of what you said. Also, wouldn't be shocked if we kept Weddle now. The way the season has played out, my view on the moves have changed. FO will have some interesting choices to make. I'm most likely showing Crabtree the door and giving his reps to Moore. Hell, maybe Lasley pans out as a deep threat, but the wr position obviously has to be addressed.

the team obviously values lasley enough to carry him on the 53 to basically red shirt him and tbf he's behind a special teams ace and 3 established vets who were free agent signings so unless he won the punt return job he was pretty unlikely to get snaps this year

im still hopeful about lasley

but we absolutely have to go and get ourselves another young receiver in the draft too

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
the team obviously values lasley enough to carry him on the 53 to basically red shirt him and tbf he's behind a special teams ace and 3 established vets who were free agent signings so unless he won the punt return job he was pretty unlikely to get snaps this year

im still hopeful about lasley

but we absolutely have to go and get ourselves another young receiver in the draft too
And maybe take a scout off a team that is good at drafting WRs.

I’d also like to replace Engram, but that most likely will not happen

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
my guess is Pierce gets a 2nd round tender and Peanut gets an original round tender, CJ gets a new contract or plays on the franchise tag, and i imagine we re-sign either boyle or maxx on a 1 year contract with some incentives like Urban's deal last offseason

The franchise tag for a LB is about 15m. That is a HUGE amount to put on the cap this year and I do not think they can afford it.

Also the thing with Urban was Urban was going to be a key part of the offense whereas the Ravens have the replacements for both Maxx AND boyle on roster already.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ha Ha might come here because of all the roll tide...

I think we should target

Mitch Morse
Re-sign Mosely
Ronald Darby
Trey Flowers
Ha Ha

Let Flacco/ Weddle/Carr/Jimmy go
Clears a tonne of cap

-1st round tender on pierce

- 1-2 year deal for Boyle or Williams

Draft- Round 1 OG
Round 2 - (Flacco for a 2nd rounder)- WR
Round 3 DE/DT pass rusher
Round 3 WR again
I agree on getting Haha but don’t you think it’s a bit ambitious to sign Darby?

I think pierce warrants a 1st round tender. some team WILL spend their 2nd rounder on him and i dont think we'll get a player as good as him in that round.
I don’t know about someone signing Pierce for a second round tender as I can’t remember the last time someone actually made that move. I feel it is more of a fan concern than a true NFL outcome. I would also be more inclined to agree if the DL class was terrible but it’s not.

I think one of Boyle or Williams are kept on a reasonable contract. I don't think it would be wise to let both walk, but agree with most of what you said. Also, wouldn't be shocked if we kept Weddle now. The way the season has played out, my view on the moves have changed. FO will have some interesting choices to make. I'm most likely showing Crabtree the door and giving his reps to Moore. Hell, maybe Lasley pans out as a deep threat, but the wr position obviously has to be addressed.
I think we’ll bring back Boyle because we seem to love the guy. Huge risk though considering his history with suspensions. It’s not an easy call to make

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The franchise tag for a LB is about 15m. That is a HUGE amount to put on the cap this year and I do not think they can afford it.

Also the thing with Urban was Urban was going to be a key part of the offense whereas the Ravens have the replacements for both Maxx AND boyle on roster already.
We have a lot of cap space this offseason, but I think we will extend him. Think Mosely only wants a couple seasons to bring him to the end of the CBA

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i mean hurst is ok at blocking inline but if not maxx or boyle then who is our blocking TE?

yeah that's too much but if he has to for 1 year then that's acceptable - in all likelihood i think we extend him

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i mean hurst is ok at blocking inline but if not maxx or boyle then who is our blocking TE?

yeah that's too much but if he has to for 1 year then that's acceptable - in all likelihood i think we extend him
Exactly. I think we need to bring Boyle back

who do we bring in via FA. it's a pretty good class. Mitch Morse? Ha Ha clinton Dix? Trey Flowers?

http://nfltraderumors.co/top-25-2019-nfl-free-agents-list/

I'd say if we want to make a splash play we might be able to push for Preston Smith or Flowers, since NE won't have too much cap space (around 25mil) and some other important FAs to resign as well.
Both may come at around 12per year and I don't see many other options with teams having enough cap space.
-HOU has like 68 Mil
-SEA will certainly retain Clark with +60 as well
-KC has 42 and will keep Ford
-DET has also around 40 and despite Ziggy decresed production I'm not sure they'll let him go as they desperately need any help at pass rusher
-DAL has already set the Tag for Lawrence if I'm not mistaken

Maybe I'm crazy but I'd either go with Preston or I'm keeping Za'darius as long as it's a manageable 8 max 10 a year

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Real game ball. @Militant X 1

He's stayed at home. That cruise and business trip of his ruined EVERYTHING.

On behalf of my brothers/sisters in PurpleFlock, I humbly accept this game ball!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Lol.....

Maybe @Militant X 1 knew what he was doing with that business trip and took it to finally push the coaching staff to get rid of Joe? Maybe he is the true NFL MVP for this year?

I still think that it is interesting that I was out 3 Sundays in a row on business and the Ravens lost all 3 of those Sunday games. Then, I come back 3 Sundays in a row and the Ravens won all 3 of those games. But, I've been home ever since and the Ravens are 5-1 in those games.

GO RAVENS!!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
On behalf of my brothers/sisters in PurpleFlock, I humbly accept this game ball!

I still think that it is interesting that I was out 3 Sundays in a row on business and the Ravens lost all 3 of those Sunday games. Then, I come back 3 Sundays in a row and the Ravens won all 3 of those games. But, I've been home ever since and the Ravens are 5-1 in those games.

GO RAVENS!!

well based on that you must have stood up or gone to the toilet during the chiefs game or something at the end to account for that 1 loss

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

GO RAVENS!!
Yes, but what happened during the KC game. Did you leave your couch

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think pierce warrants a 1st round tender. some team WILL spend their 2nd rounder on him and i dont think we'll get a player as good as him in that round.
Losing pierce would hurt, but nobody will give up a 2nd for him plus the contract he’ll he due for soon, no way in hell, but if some team did, I’ll take it.

I know we haven’t done well in the second round but shit just stop making dumbass picks there and suddenly that proposition looks pretty good.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ha Ha might come here because of all the roll tide...

I think we should target

Mitch Morse
Re-sign Mosely
Ronald Darby
Trey Flowers
Ha Ha

Let Flacco/ Weddle/Carr/Jimmy go
Clears a tonne of cap

-1st round tender on pierce

- 1-2 year deal for Boyle or Williams

Draft- Round 1 OG
Round 2 - (Flacco for a 2nd rounder)- WR
Round 3 DE/DT pass rusher
Round 3 WR again
We have no 2nd rounder and cutting jimmy and Carr leaves our starting cb corps barren and gives us no backups either. We end this year with the leagues best cb corps and the reason for our dominance, go into next year with Humphrey, averett, young and canady as our cb corps so we can arbitrarily save cap space.

I like Darby and flowers but you’re taking an eagles dream team approach by cutting all these guys and replacing them with FAs who will cost even more and just hoping it all comes together. This group of guys is proven, with and without jimmy, with and without Humphrey, they have worked. I wouldn’t fuck with that recipe at all.

Take the Flacco/weddle savings, cut Brandon Williams, retain Mosley, sign a S, sign a pass rusher, draft another whether it’s inside or edge. The whole cut jimmy/Carr thing just feels arbitrary as hell

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Losing pierce would hurt, but nobody will give up a 2nd for him plus the contract he’ll he due for soon, no way in hell, but if some team did, I’ll take it.

I know we haven’t done well in the second round but shit just stop making dumbass picks there and suddenly that proposition looks pretty good.

I mean if a team tries to low-ball him on his contract we can just sign him to that contract in stead because we get first refusal - and if a team blows him out of the water in terms of money that we couldn't have matched anyway we also get a 2nd round pick

although i will say this the more im seeing him the more i wonder if a team would give up a 2nd rounder for him - he's been that dominant and good this year - maybe we slap on the 1st round tender just to make sure no one comes and gets him

either way it's definitely not going to be a original round tender...

alternatively maybe we just give him a contract ourselves and be done with it and cut Brandon later (post-june-1st or just pay both of them for a year)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I mean if a team tries to low-ball him on his contract we can just sign him to that contract in stead because we get first refusal - and if a team blows him out of the water in terms of money that we couldn't have matched anyway we also get a 2nd round pick

although i will say this the more im seeing him the more i wonder if a team would give up a 2nd rounder for him - he's been that dominant and good this year - maybe we slap on the 1st round tender just to make sure no one comes and gets him

either way it's definitely not going to be a original round tender...

alternatively maybe we just give him a contract ourselves and be done with it and cut Brandon later (post-june-1st or just pay both of them for a year)
I think I’d prefer just giving him a deal and not even making a thing of it, although if he could get us a 2nd that makes it really hard to turn it down. When it comes to a mostly 2 down DT like pierce, I’m not too keen on spending big money, because we still lack in the sexier positions like edge rusher and safety, and those guys cost big money and we can find some if we have the space, and we still need a DT who can get to the QB. But losing pierce would really hurt this defense. It’s such a catch 22 situation.