• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad and THE KINGS OF THE NORTH

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Gosh, this tape from The Browns game is just painful. Lots of points left on the board, bonehead penalties...weird routes given coverage. I'd like to see sight adjustments based on coverage. Lots of stuff being missed offensively. Lamar locking in on guys visually.

something has to be done about Jefferson in deep coverage. He is out of his element and has no feel for it. might have to carry a receiver farther downfield with a linebacker because when forced to make a decision.....he doesn't (Jefferson). Just give him deep middle or a deep side...he can't figure both

BaltRavens

Practice Squad
I don’t know if anyone mention it yet, but how about that 3rd down play on our last offensive series.
Back up in our side of the field, up 2. 3rd down and we call a rb option. Why would you call a play where there’s a chance we could fumble the pitch (which we did) up 2.
Marty marty Marty..

To me, I predicted the call because the Chargers 2nd-half defensive adjustment to have their defensive line pinch down to counter our pulling-linemen play where Edwards and Dixon continually gashed them. It did not make sense for Lamar, too, to do a quarterback keeper on a hand off read.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am not a fan of Kodak Black, mostly for his antics outside of his music but it was cool to see him interact with the Ravens.

Seems like the players embraced him and the fact he is a Ravens fan. I live is South Florida and everybody here loves Lamar and Kodak. Those 2 go way back.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I am not a fan of Kodak Black, mostly for his antics outside of his music but it was cool to see him interact with the Ravens.

Seems like the players embraced him and the fact he is a Ravens fan. I live is South Florida and everybody here loves Lamar and Kodak. Those 2 go way back.
I could've sworn that he was a Cowboys fan, but supports the Ravens solely because of Lamar. Either way, I echo your sentiments.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I could've sworn that he was a Cowboys fan, but supports the Ravens solely because of Lamar. Either way, I echo your sentiments.

I looked into it, you're right. He is a Cowboy fan.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned or not but Levine was clutch in that last series, 2 good passes broken up perfectly.

purp

Practice Squad
TJ has a lot of mental lapses but as long as he doesn’t miss tackles we’ll be OK. Definitely a position that could use an upgrade but for these playoffs we can protect him with scheme.

Honestly I’m glad Cleveland exposed some things in a W. Supremely confident Wink and Weddle will get it sorted for a 4 game stretch.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think Levine would be a better starting SS than Jefferson right now.

was listening to the ATN podcast and Gregg Rosenthaal said something interesting and concerning with regards to our ability to get beat by verticals: we may have the slowest pair of starting safeties in the league

it's why im surprised chuck clark is seeing fewer snaps than at the end of last year because he adds burst and range to our secondary

Tru11

Practice Squad
was listening to the ATN podcast and Gregg Rosenthaal said something interesting and concerning with regards to our ability to get beat by verticals: we may have the slowest pair of starting safeties in the league

it's why im surprised chuck clark is seeing fewer snaps than at the end of last year because he adds burst and range to our secondary

chuck does not have much deep coverage ability though.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
chuck does not have much deep coverage ability though.
He does though and he’s shown it in actual games. When TJ was out this year Clark played pretty well in the deep zone actually. What he couldn’t do was tackle. It was ridiculous. Not saying he’s really good in deep coverage or anything but he has already proven to be better than TJ in that aspect

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
He does though and he’s shown it in actual games. When TJ was out this year Clark played pretty well in the deep zone actually. What he couldn’t do was tackle. It was ridiculous. Not saying he’s really good in deep coverage or anything but he has already proven to be better than TJ in that aspect
Problem is if your deep safety doesn’t tackle then you have a serious issue.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Problem is if your deep safety doesn’t tackle then you have a serious issue.
I’d rather have a suspect tackler than a guy who can’t cover to save his life back there. TJ needs to stay solely at the line of scrimmage where he thrives

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’d rather have a suspect tackler than a guy who can’t cover to save his life back there. TJ needs to stay solely at the line of scrimmage where he thrives
It’s a pick your poison scenario regardless. I do agree we need better deep coverage and someone who can tackle. We need to sign a FA again unfortunately.