• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad and THE KINGS OF THE NORTH

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Also, I would like for this post to replace the stadium photo banner on this site, for as long as our playoff run goes:

Selection_024.png

I think I deserve that much.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
we should have had 27 points by the end of the first half

the fact that we ended the game with 26 points should tell you everything you need to know about the offensive playcalling in the 2nd half - our most effective drive in the 2nd half came off the back of passing on first down...

the browns adjusted schematically to be more effective stopping the run - but they never adjusted in the passing game and it was there the whole 2nd half but we never went after those loaded boxes like we had for most of the first half

we scored on all 4 of our first 4 drives, but only 2 field goals from the next 7 drives... (including no points off 2 starts inside browns territory)

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Great : Lamar's running vision
The Good: Lamar's cutback ability
The Bad: Marty's play calling.
The Ugly :The Refs ridiculous second half penalties against us as if they were more than making up for the Lamar fumble at the goal line.
The Super Ugly: Marty's pitch out play call late in the game that could have cost us the game.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we had Aaron Donald we'd be 13-3 instead.

Time for a HOF Pass rusher that's not 36

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
The Great : Lamar's running vision
The Good: Lamar's cutback ability
The Bad: Marty's play calling.
The Ugly :The Refs ridiculous second half penalties against us as if they were more than making up for the Lamar fumble at the goal line.
The Super Ugly: Marty's pitch out play call late in the game that could have cost us the game.
Extra ugly: We now need to somehow beat the Chargers. Again.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
we really should have had 2 touchdowns. Maxx Williams silly hold that had No bearing on the result of the play and lamar not holding the tip of the ball at the goal line.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I still have issues with Lamar as far as my evaluation of his skill passing the ball

But we’re 6-1 with him in now. As long as he’s winning I’m going to have to be less critical of him

i just wanted us to let lamar throw it more - he was killing them even with a couple of misses and that commitment to the pass early on created opportunities to destroy them in the running game

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I can't help but feel like Flacco is on the bench like... "where was this last year on 4th and 12 fuckers"

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jimmy Smith is playing again on a very high level, he made a ton of plays. 2 picks, and a very clutch pass break-up.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
I will say I think the browns just gave the chargers the key to beating us but for now I'm just going to enjoy being kings of the north