• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Game Ball Thread vs Browns

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Oh I was jumping up and down like I was jumping on a trampoline. I couldn't eat dinner until after the game and I'm glad I didn't eat earlier.
I had to wait until 8:30 before I could come back down to earth and eat dinner.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I agree but a lot of posters have been claiming he'll be the next Ravens bad contract and that he's not worth what he'll likely command.

I just hope we don't have to totally break the bank.
He is definitely top 3-5 LB in pros. Will get paid a lot.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Agreed. Worst case scenario we just tag him or give him a two year deal if that’s all he wants but he’ll be here.
I actually like the idea of a two year contract, even though it puts us back in the same boat at the end of 2020.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I agree but a lot of posters have been claiming he'll be the next Ravens bad contract and that he's not worth what he'll likely command.

I just hope we don't have to totally break the bank.
could be anywhere around 12 to 14m per year average.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
He is definitely top 3-5 LB in pros. Will get paid a lot.
Top 3 is a little generous but maybe top 5-10 yeah. I’ll admit I was wrong about letting him go. I still don’t think he’s great in coverage but I don’t think he’s easily replaced and I’d keep him before Weddle

He’s very good but I disagree. He’s not top 5. Absolutely not top 3 there’s no question about that. I could name 5 guys who are definitely better
That may be - but the way this seems to work is a top 10 player at a position can become the highest paid at that position ... until they aren't. Once the other players come up for a new contract, a new high is established. It is all a part of the escalation of NFL salaries.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
That may be - but the way this seems to work is a top 10 player at a position can become the highest paid at that position ... until they aren't. Once the other players come up for a new contract, a new high is established. It is all a part of the escalation of NFL salaries.
Right - I’m not saying he won’t be paid like it - he will be paid like a top 5 LB. And I probably was a little harsh, I definitely don’t think he’s top 3 but top 5 might be fair.

Anyway if he avoids injuries that have plagued him for the past couple season then I’m all for it. The defense is definitely better with him on the field.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I know we take him for granted, but I am giving a game ball to Tucker. There has been a hell of a lot of missed field goals this season, and Tucker nailed four of them yesterday from 35 yards or more. One miss yesterday and it would have been different story.

All the talk of the Steelers demise is music to our ears, but I really have to see it to believe it. Ben is getting old, but he's not dead and is super resourceful. AB is a mega diva and may rankle the locker room, but he can absolutely ball out. It would be wonderful if they ran onto hard times.

If so, I could see it being Ravens and Browns blossoming into the best rivalry in the division and the Bengals taking the Browns place as perennial doormats. But I still think the Steelers will be a pain as long as Ben is viable.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
The game ball goes to my heart for withstanding a heart attack during the last few minutes of the game. I was sweating like a stuck pig ,pacing around like a lunatic , muttering like a Perkins mental institution inmate , " I can't believe this is happening again" . I don't think I had all of my faculties
completely working.

Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL !

I know we take him for granted, but I am giving a game ball to Tucker. There has been a hell of a lot of missed field goals this season, and Tucker nailed four of them yesterday from 35 yards or more. One miss yesterday and it would have been different story.
I like it and I'll give him my game ball too. It isn't only whether he gets us 50+ yard kicks in a given game, its the confidence we're able to have in him on any given kick and it's the difference between him and our opponent's kicker.

If Justin were a Brown, our season would be over.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
One reason why I'm iffy about giving CJ a big deal aside from him not being as good as a the deal he'd be getting is that we're not too young on the D. Brandon Carr, Jimmy Smith, Eric Weddle, T-Sizz...Z'darius leaving etc

We need younger talents and the draft is a crapshoot and we need to be as aggressive as possible in FA with guys that can replace at least half of the players menitoned and then work the draft.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
All the talk of the Steelers demise is music to our ears, but I really have to see it to believe it. Ben is getting old, but he's not dead and is super resourceful. AB is a mega diva and may rankle the locker room, but he can absolutely ball out. It would be wonderful if they ran onto hard times.

If so, I could see it being Ravens and Browns blossoming into the best rivalry in the division and the Bengals taking the Browns place as perennial doormats. But I still think the Steelers will be a pain as long as Ben is viable.

Yeah, as long as Ben is still playing then that team is likely still going to be in the mix for the division title. It's also going to be really hard for them to trade AB, if they're leaning towards that route, because of how much dead money would be on their cap. Unless AB decides to pull a Leveon and sit out the year then he'll still be playing for them next year. All that being said, watching this shit-storm has been great entertainment. Fuck the Steelers!

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor

I could see us and the Browns fighting for the division next several years . Steelers next in line and the Bungles in the toilet.