• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Vs Chargers Wild Card Round

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I never thought of Mahomes being black and I could have sworn Russ was Egyptain. I guess Egyptain can be classified as “black” but i googled it and he’s 40% white. Mahomes is half white by his mom.

I think it’s dumb to classify them as black as neither of them publically have declared their race as black or white...

It is cool to see people from all backgrounds succeeding at what was once considered only a white guy thing. I’m happy there race isn’t being held against them and instead being judged by what they can do on the field.

Just don’t see a need to make the stat about their race
Russell Wilson looks like an islander or a middle eastern to me, I legit didn’t think he was black at all lmao. Pat mahomes I kinda pegged for mixed though.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
yeah it's much more about being "other" than it is just about being black (although im not trying to minimise their experience of being black just that in this particular case it seems like it's more of a case of being non-white than black per se... although who knows ive never spoken to or heard russ or pat talk about their race so maybe they do identify in that way ethnically)

the fact that no asian-ethnic or hispanic or other ethnic minorities have any real representation in the league at any position is a bit of a problem tbh - especially the lack of asian-american players...
Here’s too hoping nfl international games can inspire a new generation

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
yeah it's much more about being "other" than it is just about being black (although im not trying to minimise their experience of being black just that in this particular case it seems like it's more of a case of being non-white than black per se... although who knows ive never spoken to or heard russ or pat talk about their race so maybe they do identify in that way ethnically)

the fact that no asian-ethnic or hispanic or other ethnic minorities have any real representation in the league at any position is a bit of a problem tbh - especially the lack of asian-american players...
Woodhead is the only one I can think of

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I hope this dims the chargers hope a bit. They had confidence they could win in Kc but I bet knowing a win means going to Fox where they have no chance at winning.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I’m at a restaurant downtown in Baltimore right now and surrounded by chargers fans. A lady just raised her glass to Patriots here we go. Now I really wanna win lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
much like last week with the 4pm kickoff it's a case of all the possibilities being reduced to 1 by the time we play... (inevitable this week given that we play 2nd in the AFC)

so like last week where by the time we kicked off we knew it was chargers or bust - well this week its patriots or bust

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not sure what you guys are talking about Asian ethnic players not being represented when there is plenty of Pacific islanders playing in the NFL.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just because there aren’t many asian or Spanish people and stuff in the nfl doesn’t mean that’s a “problem” wtf? They play other sports primarily. That’s like saying women not being in the nfl is a problem.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Dont worry. We’re drafting safety taylor rapp (chinese), in the mid rounds and end it