• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Vs Chargers Wild Card Round

Times changing in front of our eyes

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
There are six starting QBs in 2018 Playoffs who are 25 or younger: Dak Prescott, Jared Goff, Mitchell Trubisky, Deshaun Watson, Patrick Mahomes and Lamar Jackson. That’s the most QBs 25 or younger in a single postseason in NFL history, per @EliasSports.

3:25 PM - 5 Jan 2019
Glad one of them is a Raven.

That doesn’t count the other 4 QBs from last years class that are going to be making noise for a long time. That class has the potential to be the best since 04 or perhaps better.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
In reply to tweet above, someone also posted this, pretty cool:

Fire Marshall Bill‏ @TinManHrtless 2h2 hours ago
Replying to @AdamSchefter @EliasSports
Tweet this Adam

DwHbiENVsAAn3Jj.jpg

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Glad one of them is a Raven.

That doesn’t count the other 4 QBs from last years class that are going to be making noise for a long time. That class has the potential to be the best since 04 or perhaps better.
Or, they’ll all be shit except Lamar and baker lol

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m just saying, mahomes’ skin is the same color as mine and I’m white lmao. I’ve always thought it’s funny that biracial people are always considered black no matter what. I guess “light skinned” is the term people use mostly

Filmstudy

Staff Member
Filmstudy
Writer
their most depleted area is their off-ball LBs... the chargers were the team that statistically the ravens fared the worst against in the running game - but a big part of that seems like it was down to lack of execution and dixon kinda being in the doghouse...

they're a smaller front than Cleveland and their game on the edge is all about crashing inside with Bosa and Ingram - I feel like they're there to be had

This is on the money.

The Chargers play dime more than any other NFL team (100% vs the Chiefs and 81% vs the Ravens). To succeed with Adrian Phillips, a 210 lb S playing MLB and Derwin James playing WLB for a high percentage of snaps, they need their front 4 to occupy blockers. That forces more controlled rush lanes from Bosa/Ingram as well as the ability to hold the point of attack for DTs.

This time around, the Chargers don't have Jatavis Brown, their only non-DB in their top 7 tacklers. In addition, the Ravens are playing on full rest this time unlike 2 weeks ago.

I expect the Ravens to be able to move the football by run with their base concepts. They'll need to be prepared if the Chargers try a scheme that sells out to stop the run. Specifically, I'd like to see the Ravens be at the LoS early and with checks available.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Specifically, I'd like to see the Ravens be at the LoS early and with checks available.

Have we seen much of this so far with Lamar? I could have missed it but it seems they’ve mostly huddled and been in no big hurry to line up.

Icy

Practice Squad
I’m just saying, mahomes’ skin is the same color as mine and I’m white lmao. I’ve always thought it’s funny that biracial people are always considered black no matter what. I guess “light skinned” is the term people use mostly
one drop rule

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
When there is a combination of TE in motion a guard pulling and a play action ball in belly, everyone bites and plays run including corners....immediately. There are throws to be had all day long. These guys are desperate to fill.

Red zone stuff inside the 10....spread it out. Use Andrews out wide and throw it up to him

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Is Mebane playing?
Don’t think so, this was taken off the Chargers forum

Mebane's daughter, Makenna, was born with a condition known as Trisomy-13. I know a little about this, because a cousin of mine and his wife also had a daughter with this condition. The poor infant was crying almost constantly. It takes a toll, emotionally, on the parents, just to get enough sleep, not to mention trying to live a normal life. I can fully understand Mebane's taking time off to be with his family.

Don’t think so, this was taken off the Chargers forum

Mebane's daughter, Makenna, was born with a condition known as Trisomy-13. I know a little about this, because a cousin of mine and his wife also had a daughter with this condition. The poor infant was crying almost constantly. It takes a toll, emotionally, on the parents, just to get enough sleep, not to mention trying to live a normal life. I can fully understand Mebane's taking time off to be with his family.
Damn - that's terrible. Praying she comes through this. Having a child is difficult enough without health issues. There is nothing sadder than a sick child.