• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

JoeyFlex Reaction Compilation

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
@JoeyFlex5 it’s almost your time to shine bro
1713816490188.gif

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It kills me that we're being revisionnists about their two choices when litteraly one of them is barely seeing the field.

and partly because they hit on some second rounders that no one was complaining about

Sam LaPorta was a great pick at the time
Brian Branch was a great pick at the time

it was jahmyrr gibbs (which we were clearly all wrong on and who's been a legit game-changing weapon) and jack campbell... who started 12 games but idk that id think of that as a home run pick at all...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
RB
LB
TE
S
Shit yup.

They took the 4 positions that all analytics say you shouldn’t take in the first unless you’re getting a certified stud.

Frankly I thought Campbell was the bad pick but he’s much better than I expected. And I think Dan Campbell was being a stubborn bonehead with Gibbs because he’s a rookie with a veteran lead back, the same way Harbaugh would always be a ball and chain to our young backs. I expect Gibbs to break out in major fashion soon

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
and partly because they hit on some second rounders that no one was complaining about

Sam LaPorta was a great pick at the time
Brian Branch was a great pick at the time

it was jahmyrr gibbs (which we were clearly all wrong on and who's been a legit game-changing weapon) and jack campbell... who started 12 games but idk that id think of that as a home run pick at all...
And Gibbs was never a bad player, he was NUMBER FIVE on my board, positional value not included.

The problem with that pick had more to do with him being a RB which is a different debate. I don't think it's that much of a surprise that Gibbs is so good and it shouldn't change how the pick is viewed.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
And Gibbs was never a bad player, he was NUMBER FIVE on my board, positional value not included.

The problem with that pick had more to do with him being a RB which is a different debate. I don't think it's that much of a surprise that Gibbs is so good and it shouldn't change how the pick is viewed.

idk i was a lot colder on Gibbs than most
clearly was wrong - and i think the way he's played has clearly changed how that pick should be viewed

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Shit yup.

They took the 4 positions that all analytics say you shouldn’t take in the first unless you’re getting a certified stud.

Frankly I thought Campbell was the bad pick but he’s much better than I expected. And I think Dan Campbell was being a stubborn bonehead with Gibbs because he’s a rookie with a veteran lead back, the same way Harbaugh would always be a ball and chain to our young backs. I expect Gibbs to break out in major fashion soon

pretty sure he already broke out second half of the season and playoffs

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If we draft anyone like Correa and Kaufusi again, I guarantee you Joey will come out