• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Wild Card LA Chargers @ Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was an unconscionable game on every level aside from the D and their coaches.

All aspects of the offense special teams and HC was abysmal. Just absolutely terrible. We’re sitting here preparing Lamar for the future instead of playing to win today.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Flacco wouldn’t do shit lol. Y’all are delusional. This line is trash and Marty really needs to go

D deserves ZERO blame. They came to play! Lamar right now sucks as a passer. Good luck getting many wins next year if he doesn't develop as a passer. Watch Joe go to a team with a good foundation and take them to playoffs next year.
There aren't all that many qb openings with all of the rookies...

LJ's looking pretty bad now, but let's not forget that the Flacco led team lost three in a row before he was injured and they couldn't even score double digits against the Browns. Joe is injured pretty often these days too. He's probably not going to light pigskin planet on fire.

Unfortunately, Jackson doesn't look like he will either.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
All I’m saying is this is absolutely why I didn’t buy a Lamar jersey like I wanted to. There’s obviously still hope but it’s too soon to crown him as our next franchise QB.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
This was enough to put a really fucking sour taste in my mouth about Lamar.
I think there's been a lot of confirmation bias with him. People want him to progress in leaps and bounds so they go looking for evidence that he has. And there's been a lot of people seeing what they want to see with him. I still want to treat him as the starter and give him at least another couple of years to see what he can do and how much he can actually improve, but we've all gotta be honest in that there's still a long way for him to go and he isn't the rookie savant some seem to think he is.

Just want to take a quick moment to thank everyone on the board for their invaluable insight this year. I, admittedly, don't know an amazing amount of the ins and outs of football, even after having been a member of the one Ravens forum or another for the last 10+ years.

Reading the analysis on this forum makes the seasons that much more enjoyable. Love the community here (didn't think we'd get that back after the official forums were taken away from us). This has been my first year back on a forum, and you all are great.

Shame we didn't make it further into the playoffs, but I think we have a bright future.

They could have at least tried, anyone could see the game was just too big for Lamar. Even if they still lost at least they gave it a shot.
I agree. I'm really not impressed with the coaching in this game. Well maybe the DC, but they really should have played Joe like Tony was saying: it's about winning.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think there's been a lot of confirmation bias with him. People want him to progress in leaps and bounds so they go looking for evidence that he has. And there's been a lot of people seeing what they want to see with him. I still want to treat him as the starter and give him at least another couple of years to see what he can do and how much he can actually improve, but we've all gotta be honest in that there's still a long way for him to go and he isn't the rookie savant seem to think he is.
He’s got work to do this offseason if he’s to ever be a starter. He needs to show he can throw and today he hasn’t. Granted, OL hasn’t played well either but he’s also let himself get sacked and could’ve avoided the pressure. He’s clearly in a bit above his head

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just want to take a quick moment to thank everyone on the board for their invaluable insight this year. I, admittedly, don't know an amazing amount of the ins and outs of football, even after having been a member of the one Ravens forum or another for the last 10+ years.

Reading the analysis on this forum makes the seasons that much more enjoyable. Love the community here (didn't think we'd get that back after the official forums were taken away from us). This has been my first year back on a forum, and you all are great.

Shame we didn't make it further into the playoffs, but I think we have a bright future.
Our future looks like absolute shit right now lol. The nfl has figured out how to stop the ground game. That’s literally all we have as a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.