• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Playoff Discussion Thread (Other Teams)

Who wins more games this weekend, HOME TEAMS OR ROAD TEAMS

• HOME TEAMS

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • ROAD TEAMS

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tank

Hall of Famer
Who knows the Patriots might have held the Chiefs to a FG. The Chiefs had a chance to stop them at the Patriots 35 & own 45 and another 3rd down in their own territory. More than enough chances to prevent the Patriots from scoring a TD. Make a play on defense and win with either a FG or TD.
Yep, who knows and that’s the point. Structure the rule so both teams get chances on both offense and defense(something like NCAA) and you’ll have a definitive outcome not skewed by the toss of a coin.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Yep, who knows and that’s the point. Structure the rule so both teams get chances on both offense and defense(something like NCAA) and you’ll have a definitive outcome not skewed by the toss of a coin.

My idea is simple:

Regular Season: Get rid of the Game Clock, keep the same rules where a TD ends the game and a FG gives the other team a chance. By getting of the game clock, this ensures no more ties and we have a clear winner.

Playoffs: Both teams get a chance on offense. If both teams score a TD or FG on their possession, it would then revert to sudden death at that point.

Taze

Practice Squad
OT rules obviously don’t make much sense. And with the direction the NFL is headed (best teams all have the top offenses) it makes even less sense to have OT rules geared toward rewarding good defense. None of the defenses of this years conference finalists would’ve come even close to being favored over any of the offenses in that scenario. Whoever wins the coin toss is gonna win the game 9/10 times.

So, I propose a jump ball to replace the coin toss. lol nah kidding, but why not just make them play another whole quarter?? At least do it for the playoffs

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Coin toss is 50/50. Doesn't get no more fairer. 1st team that gets ball more than likely has to drive 75 yds for td to win. The OT is extremely fair. If KC would've done the same thing we wouldn't even be talking about this.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Coin toss is 50/50. Doesn't get no more fairer. 1st team that gets ball more than likely has to drive 75 yds for td to win. The OT is extremely fair. If KC would've done the same thing we wouldn't even be talking about this.

LMFAO! Wouldn’t be talking about it? If KC had won the toss and scored it would be declared a National Emergency and Kraft would demand they bring in troops. You wouldn’t be able to turn on a TV, radio or open a web page and not see, hear or read about the “travesty”. Wouldn’t be talking about it.......GTFO

Winning a coin flip after battling for 3 hours ain’t the way to settle the game Will.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
LMFAO! Wouldn’t be talking about it? If KC had won the toss and scored it would be declared a National Emergency and Kraft would demand they bring in troops. You wouldn’t be able to turn on a TV, radio or open a web page and not see, hear or read about the “travesty”. Wouldn’t be talking about it.......GTFO

Winning a coin flip after battling for 3 hours ain’t the way to settle the game Will.

So they flipped a coin and it was done. Cmon Man!!!! They drove it down the field. Make the stop. A FG don't win you the game until after one possession. Get a 3 and out. Be a big boy. Crazy with the Ravens I think I'd kick and take the wind.

Tank

Hall of Famer
So they flipped a coin and it was done. Cmon Man!!!! They drove it down the field. Make the stop. A FG don't win you the game until after one possession. Get a 3 and out. Be a big boy. Crazy with the Ravens I think I'd kick and take the wind.
Never mind Will. lol

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Never mind Will. lol

Whats fair is fair. No participation trophies. Splash yourself with some extra Gatorade. Strap that chinstrap one notch tighter. Dig the knuckles one more inch into the ground. And just lay a little extra smack into the hit. That's whatcha gotta do Tank lol.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Whats fair is fair. No participation trophies. Splash yourself with some extra Gatorade. Strap that chinstrap one notch tighter. Dig the knuckles one more inch into the ground. And just lay a little extra smack into the hit. That's whatcha gotta do Tank lol.
Get in your stance, grab a handful of dirt and deposit it in the eyes of the guy across from you. lol

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Well this is interesting........ let the conspiracy begin. Also not noted in the article is that Bill Vinovich the head official grew up in Anaheim, CA.

Both on-field officials involved in the fateful play have ties to Los Angeles. Back judge Todd Prukop is from Ladera Ranch, California -- just south of Los Angeles. Side judge Gary Cavaletto is a lifelong resident of Santa Barbara, California. Cavaletto was standing just feet from the play where Tommylee Lewis was run over and didn't call either obvious penalty.

https://wwl.radio.com/blogs/seth-dunlap/least-two-rams-saints-officials-are-los-angeles

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Although I agree, the rules need to be changed if not for all games, but the playoffs. As a matter of fact we need to keep it just the playoffs to limit the number of injuries. Atleast they should have an equal number of series.

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
Although I agree, the rules need to be changed if not for all games, but the playoffs. As a matter of fact we need to keep it just the playoffs to limit the number of injuries. Atleast they should have an equal number of series.
I too think the rules need to be changed for
overtime. Both teams should have a chance
with the ball. I also think overtime should
end when there is a winner, no ties.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Leave the rules alone. The OT rules aren't the problem. It's that every off season these idiots change or add something favoring the offense.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Who knows, there might be a silver lining in all this in 2 weeks time - NE win another one, BB and quarterback retire.

I could live with that.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind one more shot at Brady next season before he goes. With us playing the AFC East next year, I'd hope he stays and gets one last hard hitting visit to Baltimore.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So the NFL Network tweeted out that they are showing an encore presentation of the Rams/Saints game at midnight Tuesday. So they are happily promoting a rigged game. Unbelievable.