• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Playoff Discussion Thread (Other Teams)

Who wins more games this weekend, HOME TEAMS OR ROAD TEAMS

• HOME TEAMS

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • ROAD TEAMS

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JO_75

Hall of Famer
You guys know how this goes, one playoff thread to cover WC - Championship Weekend since there isn't as many games to talk about. The Wild Card Round kicks off tomorrow in Houston as the Colts look for their first playoff win since the 2014 Divisional Round. Then we head to Stephen A's favorite place in the world, Jerry's World as the Cowboys host the Seahawks. Wild card weekend ends with the return of St. Nick Foles as he looks to duplicate his Super Bowl run from a year ago, but Khalil Mack and the Bears defense may have something to say about that.

Colts @ Texans: The key to this game is going to be the Colts Offensive Line vs the Texans Defense. In 2017, the Colts allowed the most sacks by any team and GM Chris Ballard sought out to improve it. Drafting Quenton and current right tackle Braden Smith was a big part of their success. Now with Luck back fully healthy, can he once again go into Houston and beat the Texans who finally have a legit QB to win with in the playoffs.

Playoff Note: If Colts win, they will head to Arrowhead Stadium for a 2014 Divisional Round Rematch with the Chiefs. If the Texans win, they head to Foxboro and take on the Patriots.

Seahawks @ Cowboys: The Cowboys are back in the playoffs and their reward is a Seattle Seahawks team that is ready to stir things up in the NFC playoffs. The Seahawks are quite healthy heading into the game while Dallas is a bit banged up following some late season injuries. Dallas is going to need quite a game from Dak Prescott to out play Russell Wilson or it will be another one and done for the Cowboys.

Eagles @ Bears: The Eagles are going to have a QB problem if Nick Foles leads the Eagles back to the Super Bowl or plays good enough to start making people question Carson Wentz as the long term answer in Philly. Matt Nagy has his team in the playoffs in his first season and we all get to see how much Mitchell Trubisky steps up his game for the playoffs. I suspect another potential dream run for Philly will be sacked by Mack unless there is some magic under the helmet of Old St. Nick.

Playoff Note: If both the Cowboys and Bears win this weekend, the Bears will travel to Los Angeles to face the Rams while the Cowboys will have a rematch with the Saints, but this time in New Orleans. If the Seahawks & Eagles win, the Eagles will head to New Orleans while the Seahawks will clash with their NFC West Rival Rams.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd be betting on road teams. I think the Colts and Hawks win. We probably win. And then it's a tossup with the Eagles and Bears. The Bears are the better team, but Nick Foles just seems to make magic happen.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Go Texans!!!! I hate the Colts!!!!!
Sorry man, I gotta root for the Colts on this one. The Texans are still on my shitlist for week 16, but fortunately we handled our business. Since I'm not from the Baltimore area and that event was past my time way before I got into football, I can't jump on the "fuck the Colts" bandwagon for that reason alone though I understand your hatred for them.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
The only feud between an AFC North fan vs. an NFC East team that's more intense than @RavensMania vs. the Redskins is Stephen A. Smith vs. the Cowboys. LMAOOOO that shit is entertaining AF.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Go Texans!!!! I hate the Colts!!!!!
I feel like we have to cheer for the colts. If we win and the colts win, we get to play New England instead of KC. That sounds like reason enough to cheer for the colts to me.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I feel like we have to cheer for the colts. If we win and the colts win, we get to play New England instead of KC. That sounds like reason enough to cheer for the colts to me.
Then the Colts can take out KC and come to Baltimore for AFC championship game.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Sorry man, I gotta root for the Colts on this one. The Texans are still on my shitlist for week 16, but fortunately we handled our business. Since I'm not from the Baltimore area and that event was past my time way before I got into football, I can't jump on the "fuck the Colts" bandwagon for that reason alone though I understand your hatred for them.
That’s cool.... it goes back to 1984 for me. I am sure a lot of the members on this site are newer fans or were not old enough to go through the pain of losing our colors and trophies to Indianapolis, the disappointment of not winning the bid for an expansion team, and the 12 long years not having an NFL team (although I did like the Stallions and winning the Grey Cup). I still hate that our history was stolen. I am so glad Art Modell left Cleveland with their colors and championships.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I rather go into Arrowhead and play the Chiefs than risk the heartbreak of losing to the stinking Colts at the Bank. I couldn’t stomach that. We can then beat the Patriots for the AFC Championship like we did in 2013. How much sweeter would this season be then? I know I am in the minority here....that’s cool. Go Texans!

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I rather go into Arrowhead and play the Chiefs than risk the heartbreak of losing to the stinking Colts at the Bank. I couldn’t stomach that. We can then beat the Patriots for the AFC Championship like we did in 2013. How much sweeter would this season be then? I know I am in the minority here....that’s cool. Go Texans!
Nah, no way we lose to the Colts at home.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That’s cool.... it goes back to 1984 for me. I am sure a lot of the members on this site are newer fans or were not old enough to go through the pain of losing our colors and trophies to Indianapolis, the disappointment of not winning the bid for an expansion team, and the 12 long years not having an NFL team (although I did like the Stallions and winning the Grey Cup). I still hate that our history was stolen. I am so glad Art Modell left Cleveland with their colors and championships.
I just never understood how they could take the history. Besides, how does the name colts fit the city of Indy.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Then the Colts can take out KC and come to Baltimore for AFC championship game.

That is the only reason I'm rooting for the Colts today. I would love a AFC Championship Game at The Bank. Quite honestly, I like the chances of us beating the Pats and the Colts to beat the Chiefs so I see it as a real possibility.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
great first drive by the colts - the 3 non-qb players they need to get involved have all had touches already:

Hilton, Ebron, Mack

Yep and Hilton has 63 yards on only three receptions. We might be in for a shootout here depending on how well the Texans offense responds to the Colts TD.