• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Playoff Discussion Thread (Other Teams)

Who wins more games this weekend, HOME TEAMS OR ROAD TEAMS

• HOME TEAMS

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • ROAD TEAMS

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
On of the worst SB’s ever

Neither team deserved to be there

And it was an awful game to boot
I would say the Patriots deserved to be there after destroying the Chargers and beating the Chiefs. The Rams are there more so because the Saints choked away their chance.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
“People kept saying the dynasty was over”

Well if a single team would stop losing 100 IQ points every time they play the Pats it would be

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
This is going to be Tom Brady when he sees Robey-Coleman and @Pats when he sees the haters' salt after winning their 6th ring.

DtObs-dWkAAiOCH.jpg
Comment still stands for @Pats .

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Thanks man, 2nd worst pats superbowl i've seen since the 85 thrashing but ehh I wanna head over to steelers sb nation page to lick salty tears
yeah, my wife didn’t want to see anyone else get six, so I am sure they are all salty up in Pittsburgh.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
F*** R.Kraft. kudos to Belichick and Flores for putting together an amazing gameplan.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Edlemann should be MVP
Him, Gilmore, or Sony. Brady will get it because Super Bowl MVP voting tends to favor QBs.

The one good thing about this Super Bowl is that the Patriots have tied the Steelers for most Super Bowl wins. I wouldn't mind the Patriots getting one more just to take that away from the Steelers.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
“People kept saying the dynasty was over”

Well if a single team would stop losing 100 IQ points every time they play the Pats it would be
Teams hype themselves up too much when they play the Pats, and end up doing dumb things. That becomes doubly so when it's a Super Bowl or AFC conference championship. I think the reason teams like the Ravens and Giants have managed to beat them is because they treat the Patriots like a regular opponent. They don't let the moment get into their heads.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Teams hype themselves up too much when they play the Pats, and end up doing dumb things. That becomes doubly so when it's a Super Bowl or AFC conference championship. I think the reason teams like the Ravens and Giants have managed to beat them is because they treat the Patriots like a regular opponent. They don't let the moment get into their heads.

Was going to say, the only thing that can stop the Patriots are NFC East Teams(0-3 against NFC East teams in Super Bowl), Manning Brothers, and of course the Ravens. Yeah also teams hype themselves up against them in the regular season, they win and then die. Jags basically won their Super Bowl in week two when they beat the Patriots, then they sucked afterwards. Titans beat the Pats, then they sucked afterwards. It's like they forget to keep playing the rest of the season and think beating the Patriots is the be all, end all.

Pats

Veteran
Was going to say, the only thing that can stop the Patriots are NFC East Teams(0-3 against NFC East teams in Super Bowl), Manning Brothers, and of course the Ravens. Yeah also teams hype themselves up against them in the regular season, they win and then die. Jags basically won their Super Bowl in week two when they beat the Patriots, then they sucked afterwards. Titans beat the Pats, then they sucked afterwards. It's like they forget to keep playing the rest of the season and think beating the Patriots is the be all, end all.
I'll just correct you by saying 1-3 against nfc east teams in the superbowl. But basically a killer defensive team is usually a good way to beat them, but even then games are pretty tight

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'll just correct you by saying 1-3 against nfc east teams in the superbowl. But basically a killer defensive team is usually a good way to beat them, but even then games are pretty tight

Oh yeah forgot to count the first Eagles match up. I'm thinking that if the 15 other AFC teams formed one giant Super Team, Bill Belichick would still find a way to beat them and get to the Super Bowl.

Pats

Veteran
Oh yeah forgot to count the first Eagles match up. I'm thinking that if the 15 other AFC teams formed one giant Super Team, Bill Belichick would still find a way to beat them and get to the Super Bowl.
I think other coaches try to get too cute to outsmart bill, and thats their downfall. Simple effective football is enough to make a decent game out of it with his teams