• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offseason Thread

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we keep Craptree over Snead, that would be just dumb.

I'm indifferent on what we do with Crabs because there's pros and cons to each outcome, but Snead needs to stick around. He was consistently moving the chains for us and making tough, contested catches. It's fine if we want to blow up the WR corps again, but it would be a step backwards to lose a valuable security blanket for Lamar.

A1A

Veteran
I've been seeing alot of mock drafts and one thing I hope we dont do is gamble on DK or go WR late. I said this months ago dont get caught up in the hype! The combine to me ain't squat. I go by what I see on game day. By far the best 2 WR's that can make an impact right now are Harry and Kelvin. Hollywood is what 170lbs? DK had neck surgery (a guy that goes up alot) and Deebo is a rising guy at practices. I'd take Gary Jennings over the 3 of them. Now I see mocks with us going OLB, G, etc. And then WR 3rd or 4th. We need to stop that trend idc about what we need right now blah blah blah we need alot of positions just like everyone else. What we truly need is playmakers. Odds of finding a diamond in the rough OL in the later rounds is greater than finding a star sleeper WR. Most star WR's are 1st round picks but u can find plenty of pro bowl OL in the 5th/6th round

A1A

Veteran
We need to make some trades and get a 2nd somehow....draft Ferguson and if possible Sheffield CB Ohio state in the 3rd. I doubt he makes it there cause even tho no one is talking about him hes going to light up the combine and rise.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We need to make some trades and get a 2nd somehow....draft Ferguson and if possible Sheffield CB Ohio state in the 3rd. I doubt he makes it there cause even tho no one is talking about him hes going to light up the combine and rise.
What about Ferguson makes you think we NEED to take him?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So 2 things, why the hell does thos writer think keeping Crabtree is more likely than Snead?

2. Would Houston be worth taking a look at if KC cut him? I haven't paid much attention to him lately but he still seems to have some left?

Bonus: Weddle looked good?!?!? Did he even watch the games?
Unbelievable idiocy

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I've been seeing alot of mock drafts and one thing I hope we dont do is gamble on DK or go WR late. I said this months ago dont get caught up in the hype! The combine to me ain't squat. I go by what I see on game day. By far the best 2 WR's that can make an impact right now are Harry and Kelvin. Hollywood is what 170lbs? DK had neck surgery (a guy that goes up alot) and Deebo is a rising guy at practices. I'd take Gary Jennings over the 3 of them. Now I see mocks with us going OLB, G, etc. And then WR 3rd or 4th. We need to stop that trend idc about what we need right now blah blah blah we need alot of positions just like everyone else. What we truly need is playmakers. Odds of finding a diamond in the rough OL in the later rounds is greater than finding a star sleeper WR. Most star WR's are 1st round picks but u can find plenty of pro bowl OL in the 5th/6th round
I’m scared of any Ole Miss WR, although I will watch more of DKs game tape, at this point I favor Harmon

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Does anyone think Everson Griffen might end up getting cut?
We could really use a nasty big guy here. A new locker room with the fun culture might be great for him and he stays purple. I recall him destroying Ronnie last year

After searching him up I read that he went to Arizona. He said his idol was Suggs, so maybe if we can get Suggs back for a last year it could help convince.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Torrey Smith is highly likely to be cut this offseason as his 5 mil cap hit can all be swallowed. Can we please bring him back on a small 2 year deal? If I’m losing Joe Atleast let me get something

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
We could really use a nasty big guy here. A new locker room with the fun culture might be great for him and he stays purple. I recall him destroying Ronnie last year

After searching him up I read that he went to Arizona. He said his idol was Suggs, so maybe if we can get Suggs back for a last year it could help convince.

I'd love to have Griffen as long as he's got his mental health straightened out. Dude is a beast and we've been missing a guy like him that can get consistent pressure on our D-line.

A1A

Veteran
Simmons in the 3rd anyone? We are basically rebuilding and IMO the investment is to good to pass. That is if hes there of course.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Oh idk maybe his 45 sacks could help our defense just a tad.
Donnell pumphreys all time leading rush yards hasn’t helped the eagles much

Corey davis’ all time leading receiving yards hasn’t panned out extremely well so far

You know who the all time leading college passer is? Case keenum.

Nothing on Jaylen Ferguson’s film leads me to believe those sack numbers translate. He’s stiff, upright, slow to react, absolute liability in the run game, poor disengagement with struggles to counter and poor hand usage and play strength.