• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offseason Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
That is not the worst value considering the circumstances. Unfortunately its not enough to get back into second without some more trades which is unfortunate
If we can trade back in the first we can get enough ammo to move to the second

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Joey why even bother? I am closer to being a Bengals fan (they are still awful which will probably be true next year to) then he is a Ravens fan.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Joey why even bother? I am closer to being a Bengals fan (they are still awful which will probably be true next year to) then he is a Ravens fan.
A few posts speaking directly to me have rubbed me the wrong way, that’s why I bother lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That is not the worst value considering the circumstances. Unfortunately its not enough to get back into second without some more trades which is unfortunate
yes, I agree on both accounts. Many in the media didn't think we would be able to trade him at all.

A1A

Veteran
Yikes combing thru my old posts?? U win buddy I have no time for all that lol btw the jury is still out on who will have the better season.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yikes combing thru my old posts?? U win buddy I have no time for all that lol btw the jury is still out on who will have the better season.
Literally just type “a1a” in a search bar and spend about 12 seconds looking for the post which you put up maybe a week ago. so time consuming.

And... who is the jury out on? Flacco vs tannehill? Sure the jury is out, but one thing is certain, tannehill didn’t prevent us from moving joe. Even if tannehill has a better season, nobody in their right mind can look at their respective bodies of work and say “I want tannehill over flacco”

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sure would be nice if we used this cap on OL or wr...
Not much out there on the market so I don’t see how this helps us at these positions. Maybe we could use the money on the defense and draft offense. If we could land a top-end pass rusher and safety that would be hy-uge. Like wall between Mexico & USA huge.

A1A

Veteran
A new name that may spark everyone's interest is Isiah Crowell. Sounds like hes going to be released. I love the way he runs and he may have a chip on his shoulder vs the AFCN.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
use what we have @A1A
*draft day. The war room*
Eric: okay. We absolutely need to build this team for Lamar. We need a C, G, RB or WR here
Harbaugh: *takes out his gun*. Don’t make me injure you Eric. You know that Hurst, Skura, Moore, and Edwards all have the hearts of lions.
Eric: Harbaugh, I’m not chill like Ozzie. We need to establish a winning culture
Harbaugh: fine. Draft him. I’m just going to use what we have anyways.
Eric: suit yourself.
Harbaugh: *tears Eric’s ACL*
Eric: WTF man
Harbaugh: that’s for firing Marty

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Eric: okay. We absolutely need to build this team for Lamar. We need a C, G, RB or WR here
Harbaugh: *takes out his gun*. Don’t make me injure you Eric. You know that Hurst, Skura, Moore, and Edwards all have the hearts of lions.
Eric: Harbaugh, I’m not chill like Ozzie. We need to establish a winning culture

We would draft and ir them

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

Eric: *fires Engram*
Harbaugh: .....
Eric: Your move, John.
Harbaugh: Okay, but I'm moving Marlon to Strong Safety.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Wouldn’t normally do this but I highly recommend the most recent episode of the lounge podcast with mink and downing because they get Greg roman in and actually ask him questions about how they rebuild the offence from scratch and that process and what it might look like and what their aims for it are

It illuminated a fair few things that are relevant to how we draft, why offensive draft picks have maybe struggled on the the ravens and why hurst had early season struggles and why his opportunities were lower, interesting thoughts too on mobile qbs and injuries

Really interesting nuggets littered all over the interview - so much so that nfl.com did a write up on it too

I will say that I understand why decosta might be more of a fan of roman than Marty - Romans really analytically aware and intelligent in the way he uses stats to illustrate trends or false trends