• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Greg Roman

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Dude your love affair for kaepernick is matched only by Eric Reid. How do you still believe kaepernick is a good QB?
I dnt believe he is a good but i know he wasnt as bad as people here say he was and yall know it too.. remember yall thought mallet was a good qb so i can understand if people think kap was the worst ever

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
haha. Kaep wasn't a good passer, but he wasn't as bad as those other guys. Lamar still has a ways to go before being called a good qb. btw: this is his LJ's accuracy chart college vs NFL.
DxsvjpeXcAEt1q5.jpg:large
This is all im saying lol.. why are throwing him under the bus like this lol. I mean i know why but like cmon.. if lamar wasnt on our team, people here would be calling him the passing qb in nfl and thats a fact

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Oh sweet merciful god for Kaepernick. I went to look at his highlights post the super bowl and my god, if people think Lamar is not refined as a passer, go look at that. Just the mechincs there alone are bad and the majority of highlights are of his rushing. Only reason that offense was remotely sustainable was the sheer amount of talent on those niners teams. Gore, Davis, an elite oline, good Crabtree, and Boldin. I'd argue the playcalling was even MORE limited than what we had towards the end of the season.

Looking at the playcalling in Buffalo, it wasn't good, but it was clearly a scapegoat firing. Even then the oline in Buffalo was really good and they did have Lesean McCoy. I don't think Tyrod was a bad QB, but that supporting cast in Buffalo wasn't exactly terrible. We are going to need to slowly accumulate more weapons, but that's obvious.

Something I did notice under Roman. He has schemed people open and he wasn't afraid to go deep.

I think we should be fine
Romans offenes were ranked pretty high in air yards. I agree, he wasn’t afraid to throw the long ball.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Actually, looking back on it, Jimmy Harbs forced Roman to have a passing game coordinator and that might've been his ultimate downfall. Too many cooks, one kitchen.

But....

Since Roman's the OC we need a passing game coordinator because he's only good at running the ball.
Urban will play a big part in the passing game anyway

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This is all im saying lol.. why are throwing him under the bus like this lol. I mean i know why but like cmon.. if lamar wasnt on our team, people here would be calling him the passing qb in nfl and thats a fact
This statement wouldn’t surprise me in the least, from the majority of the fans, but from those who watched his tape they wouldn’t think that at all. I loved him in college and wanted him badly. I know several people who are fans of other teams who would love to have him and think his issues will be resolved for the most part, but the general fans would think he sucks.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
This statement wouldn’t surprise me in the least, from the majority of the fans, but from those who watched his tape they wouldn’t think that at all. I loved him in college and wanted him badly. I know several people who are fans of other teams who would love to have him and think his issues will be resolved for the most part, but the general fans would think he sucks.
I think he can be great if his issues get fixed but idk if we have the right coaches for that..the only good thing i can see right now is that he actually wants to be the best and so far has been putting in the work.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I think he can be great if his issues get fixed but idk if we have the right coaches for that..the only good thing i can see right now is that he actually wants to be the best and so far has been putting in the work.
I disagree. Urban helped coach up Andy Dalton when he was the WRs coach. Dalton isn’t a good QB but he isn’t a good QB due to his arm and brain. As far as mechanics go he’s as mechanically sound as a QB can get. Vick and McNabb played their best football when he was on the staff.

He might have been the best hire possible in that regard

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
he is showing a lot of improvement in his lower body (below the waist) mechanics. He needs to have more consistency though.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I dnt believe he is a good but i know he wasnt as bad as people here say he was and yall know it too.. remember yall thought mallet was a good qb so i can understand if people think kap was the worst ever
Kaepernick was literally that bad, first of all.

Second, nobody here thought mallett was better and the consensus was that kaepernick would be a backup at best here and the media circus wasn’t worth it and after his girlfriend called bisciotti a racist and ray an Uncle Tom we didn’t fucking want him here. Why do you keep spewing this horseshit?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Kaepernick was literally that bad, first of all.

Second, nobody here thought mallett was better and the consensus was that kaepernick would be a backup at best here and the media circus wasn’t worth it and after his girlfriend called bisciotti a racist and ray an Uncle Tom we didn’t fucking want him here. Why do you keep spewing this horseshit?
Besides, Mallett beat the Steelers. He has special place in our hearts.

BaltRavens

Practice Squad
In re: Roman, much depends on Jackson's improvement or development. Need I say more? Only the off season and preseason will shed light into this. It is well known now that NFL staffs work around the clock to produce a winner and success. Bisciotti's trust in Harbs has produced a contract extension. Now Harbs has to get the job done.

Last edited: